Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

I see the Hawks, Patriots, and the Packers at the top. I don't see Dallas or the Eagles in the mix. Maybe the Ravens, the Broncos, and the Colts make a serious run.

I don't expect anything of the 49ers, but a losing season. Not looking forward to the post-Harbaugh era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 10:24 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Denver should be favored for the AFC at least. Kubiak coming in with a healthy Manning.
Denver is done and Manning is done.

There isn't a chance in hell Denver wins the Super Bowl next year, or even the AFC.

Manning is done at this point and he wasn't even that reliable when he was in his prime, and this is coming from a Colts fan.

The Colts are still a year or two away from contending.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
The Chargers will win the AFC west next year by default. If the Rams can find a QB, they will be second in the NFC west. Patriots should win the AFC again. I think Seattle will take a step backwards. There are 5 or 6 teams that could win the NFC, depends on injuries.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:10 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Why do people waste their time with this conversations?
Can't people at least wait until pre-season to come up with somewhat realistic speculation?

Old 02-03-2015, 06:13 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Because we are trying to get over the worst call ever in professional football on Sunday.

Ever.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:09 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
My teams to keep an eye on for next year in the AFC would be Raiders, Texans and Bills. I feel like those three teams have surprise potential.

Raiders could improve to a 7 win team which would be a rather large step up for them.

Texans I could see winning the division.

Bills, I bet a lot of people will pick them as a team to finally get over the hump this next year. We will see. Their schedule is not as brutal as it was last year. But can they get enough production out of the offense? Can they regain a running game? Something that was a strength of theirs just two seasons ago.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why do people waste their time with this conversations?
Can't people at least wait until pre-season to come up with somewhat realistic speculation?
Really? Have fun with it. No more football for a while, so conjecture talk is all we have. And if you didn't like this conversation, why did you drop in just to say that? Can you say ignore?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:15 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times
It is fun, beats being outside in single digit temps, trying to shovel with the wind blowing non-stop! At least the sun is out so I can push my snow blower out in the sun to see if it will melt the chunk of ice stuck in the bottom!

I do want things to move along a little but that won't happen probably. I'll be surprised if Cobb or Bulaga get signed much before FA begins, would be nice though!

I'm a glutton for punishment as I read all the negative stuff about the Packers, one and done, great in season can't win in the playoffs, many comments. When those are from fans of teams who are never in contention, which would you rather have? I get it, but being near the top, have a consistent team is important.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:46 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It is fun, beats being outside in single digit temps, trying to shovel with the wind blowing non-stop! At least the sun is out so I can push my snow blower out in the sun to see if it will melt the chunk of ice stuck in the bottom!

I do want things to move along a little but that won't happen probably. I'll be surprised if Cobb or Bulaga get signed much before FA begins, would be nice though!

I'm a glutton for punishment as I read all the negative stuff about the Packers, one and done, great in season can't win in the playoffs, many comments. When those are from fans of teams who are never in contention, which would you rather have? I get it, but being near the top, have a consistent team is important.
I am a believer in being the best means beating the best. As a team, the Patriots did that this year by beating the defending Super Bowl champions. Unless I'm blind, Aaron Rodgers will one day be in the "best ever" discussion for QB's. I want next year to be a Patriots/Green Bay Super Bowl, so Brady can beat Rodgers once in the big game before retiring...then Rodgers can have his time :-)

Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
If the Cowboys find a way to keep Murray and Dez (I am worried they think that they can easily replace Murray... wishful thinking if you ask me) they should be one of the favorites in the NFC.. Seattle, Dallas, Green Bay.. and they all play each other next season... Plus the Cowboys play the Pats so next year will be a huge test for them. If they win the NFC East next year, it will be a heck of an accomplishment. They have not won back to back divisions in 20 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football