Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:28 PM

734 posts, read 2,616,641 times

Advertisements

I can't believe I'm doing this, but no one else has. Plus I figure if the Carolina Panthers deserve their own thread, the least I can do is make one for one of the top franchises of all time.

Now I'm not naive...I know the 49ers aren't going anywhere this year. This is more of an experimental year for them with the new offense. However, I liked what happened today, save for those 8 sacks. JT O'Sullivan *gulp* proved he can win a ballgame in the NFL and the Niners proved they can put some points on the board. It was close, but any win against a divison rival is a good win.

The lack of Vernon Davis in the passing game concerns me, but they made big strides today. Bruce came out of nowhere and tore it up with some big catches. Bryant Johnson is slowly emerging from a backup to a true force.

Frank Gore has already proved this season that he is not a one-year wonder.

My early prediction for the season was 4-12, but with Seattle's injury woes and St. Louis looking like absolute $hit I'm going to go out on a limb and say they finish no worse than 7-9. A lot of tough games ahead though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I dont follow the Niners, but they'll most likely do better than the Rams will do.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
I can't believe I'm doing this, but no one else has. Plus I figure if the Carolina Panthers deserve their own thread, the least I can do is make one for one of the top franchises of all time.

Now I'm not naive...I know the 49ers aren't going anywhere this year. This is more of an experimental year for them with the new offense. However, I liked what happened today, save for those 8 sacks. JT O'Sullivan *gulp* proved he can win a ballgame in the NFL and the Niners proved they can put some points on the board. It was close, but any win against a divison rival is a good win.

The lack of Vernon Davis in the passing game concerns me, but they made big strides today. Bruce came out of nowhere and tore it up with some big catches. Bryant Johnson is slowly emerging from a backup to a true force.

Frank Gore has already proved this season that he is not a one-year wonder.

My early prediction for the season was 4-12, but with Seattle's injury woes and St. Louis looking like absolute $hit I'm going to go out on a limb and say they finish no worse than 7-9. A lot of tough games ahead though.
Yeah, good job today by San Fran. I was also pissed that they didn't pass to Vernon Davis more as he's on my fantasy team.

What's with the cheap shot at the Carolina Panthers?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM

899 posts, read 2,941,350 times
Seahawk fan here
I grew up with Niners living in the greater SF Bay area and have seen them threw good and bad..Also with Hawks since they came out of the egg..Yesterday's game was excellent..The Niner's might surprise everyone ...Their little QB must be so sore from getting sacked but he gave it his all and they won...Its exciting to see..As for the walking wounded of Seattle , well they played their hardest too..Time will tell there..Now the Hawks have the rams in town next weekend...A must win for the Hawks....
Later fans

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM

Niners vs. Lions this week. Oh man, there's nothing I'd like more than for O'Sullivan and Martz to tear apart the Lions' ****ty D. Honestly, they have 11 FRIGGIN D-LINEMEN on the roster. You'd think at least one of those 11 could stop the run. Gore is going to have 200 yards, you heard it here first.

@#$% I despise the Lions.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM

31-13...me likey.

So Gore only had 162 total yards...hey, i wasn't too far off. Pretty typical Martz-looking offense...just distribute the ball pretty evenly amongst the entire roster.

So 2-1 after three games. I'm certainly happy, I didn't think they'd be above .500 at any point this year.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,685,134 times
This is an article in our local paper about Jed York taking over the family team. They live a few miles away from me. I've never heard anything bad about the kid.

Young executive says new role is not one to be taken lightly - Local & Regional News - Vindy.com, The Vindicator

I also have a really good story about his dad. Two seasons ago Dr. York was on a flight to San Francisco. One of my fellow airline workers was riding in first class with him. My buddy is from SFO, and was on his way to a game dresssed in his 49er's gear. He struck up a conversation with the good doctor, and they enjoyed a 3 hour chat. As they departed the airplane Dr. York told him to stop at the "will call" office before the game. He did as he was told, and was surprised to find a sideline pass waiting for him. He had a great time, and thought that was the end of it. He sent Dr. York an E-mail to thank him for his generosity. A few days later the Director of marketing called him and said that Dr. York gave him direct orders to take care of his friend and give him what ever he wants. I can't remember the Directors name, but he has since become good friends with my buddy too.

He now sits in the owners luxury box at every home game, has locker room access, and is invited to all of the other events as a special guest. He has some great stories on Monday nights. An average union worker is treated like a king by the entire 49er franchise, all because of the generosity, and kindness of Dr. John York. If he raised his son to treat people the same way that he does, the team is in very good hands.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:40 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Default 49ers

This is going to be the year that we make the playoffs!

Should the 49ers get Vick?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This is going to be the year that we make the playoffs!

Should the 49ers get Vick?
I hope they get Vick! I know Pittsburgh is looking at him too and I don't want them to take him!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I hope they get Vick! I know Pittsburgh is looking at him too and I don't want them to take him!
If 49ers sign Vick, it should be for long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football