Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times

Advertisements

I'll welcome the bandwagon fans. I went to a SB party last night. Of the 8, I was the only real Giants fans. Most of the others were Cowboy, Redskins, or "I don't have a particular team" fans. 6 of us rooted for the Giants and 2 others, to be different, rooted for the Patriots. Even the "fake fans" were cheering as loudly as me! This will be a SB I'll never forget, nor will the "fake fans". Thank you again for rooting for the Giants. And if you rooted for the Patriots ... my condolence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I was thrilled to see Tom Brady eating turf all night and watching Belichick was priceless! All of the Patriots (and fans) did nothing but assume that it was a done deal. Big mistake. Strahan and the defensive line opened up a can of whoop *ss on the Patriots in the first quarter and kept it coming the whole game!! It was great watching the cocky Patriots walk through that tunnel knowing they couldn't close the deal. Seeing Manning stay cool and calm and march his team down the field to seal the victory was nothing short of AWESOME! Only 2 teams can make the Super Bowl and if the Panthers aren't one of them, I'll be cheering for anyone BUT the Patriots. I was rooting for the Giants all during the playoffs and I'm glad they came through! The dynasty crumbled and I am so glad I was watching! The Patriots didn't play worth a crap last night and the Giants didn't let up. It was a thing of beauty to see them toppled. Too much controversy surrounding them now to ever be considered a true dynasty. What is really funny is watching all the sportscasters try to back pedal and figure out what to say b/c no one really gave the Giants a chance! What an ending!!! Great job GIANTS! The whole team contributed to that victory and there is no doubt about it that they deserved it! Tom Brady snubbing Eli before the game really ticked me off so I'm glad he showed him who was the better quarterback in this Super Bowl! The Patriots are sore losers who couldn't seem to put two sentences together mumbling about why things didn't go their way. I bet TB was playing hurt b/c they kept knocking him to the turf all night long! I'm on cloud 9 today! GIANT Letdown - only in New England!
haha..haha... HECK YES!!! Amen Sister..... NOW all we need is a big Carolina win Wednesday night!!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

A 3 point loss is hardly "getting their a$$es handed to them". The Patriots need to go back to the 85 Super Bowl to truly have their "a$$es handed to them".
18-0,cocky,arrogant,underestimated the gmen,i would say they got thier a!@#S handed to them.they got their A@#@S reamed in the trenches.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
18-0,cocky,arrogant,underestimated the gmen,i would say they got thier a!@#S handed to them.they got their A@#@S reamed in the trenches.
Speaking of cocky, arrogant SoBs, here's an article on Belicheat leaving a tad too early:
Belichick has left the building...a second early

Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,317 times
Default "masterclass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Do not get your hopes up, Giants will lose by 20 or more. The Giants are outclassed, outgunned and outcoached. Look for the Pats to put on a masterclass that defines them as the greatest team ever. This game is like a skeet shooting session and the Giants are the clay pigeon, it is going to get ugly. I hope you like commercials because they will be the only highlight for the G-Men fans. Big blowout on tap Sunday.
Sunday? Was that yesterday's game you were referring to?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Screw the New Jersey Giants........

......Patriots 63 - 10
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM

samyn and desert got owned!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Speaking of cocky, arrogant SoBs, here's an article on Belicheat leaving a tad too early:
Belichick has left the building...a second early
He got that from the Randy Moss play book "How To Leave The Field Early When Your Team Is Loosing" 1 great coach and 1 great player = no class.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 AM

Sorry, I couldn't help those comments. I had just read a bunch of the "no way..." posts. I got to CD a little late today.

I then read the very humble congratulations posted by the Pats fans after the game. That is much appreciated and shows class.

The good thing about it, no matter who you root for - next year we get to try it all again!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times
My heart was broken yesterday. I have followed the Pats all my life and wanted to see them go 19-0....to redeem themselves after the over hyped spygate incident. I am happy for the G-men and glad to see Strahan get his ring. Their defense had the game plan and the pats had no answer for them. But i would hardly call this a blow out. In the end it came down to defense.........The pats defense. My guess is the pats will do what they do best....retool the defense and come back next year better.

But Please...........even the G-men fans have to agree........there would have been a silver linning to the dark cloud if the Pats had won...........THOSE CRYBABIES 72 DOLPHANS COULD FINIALLY SHUT UP!!!! I am gonna go throw up now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football