Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:53 PM

699 posts, read 2,238,108 times

Advertisements

Randy Moss withdrew after suffering an injury during the Super Bowl:

Bengals: Chad to Pro Bowl

Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals will take his place.

Tom Brady has also opted out, with Derek Anderson of the Cleveland Browns taking his place. I don't see a reason given.

BRADY OUT OF PRO BOWL | Sporting Life - NFL News | Super Bowl, New England Patriots v New York Giants, NFL News, NFL Scores, NFL Tips, American Football Scores, Super Bowl XLII, Tips, Results, & Gridiron Stats (http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/02/04/GRIDIRON_USA-Pro_Bowl.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 PM

84 posts, read 355,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Tom Brady has also opted out

BRADY OUT OF PRO BOWL | Sporting Life - NFL News | Super Bowl, New England Patriots v New York Giants, NFL News, NFL Scores, NFL Tips, American Football Scores, Super Bowl XLII, Tips, Results, & Gridiron Stats (http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/02/04/GRIDIRON_USA-Pro_Bowl.html - broken link)
good now, the game is worth watching!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,930,464 times
They are sore losers, but I'm glad I won't have to see their lame asses in the Pro Bowl on Sun.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,020,196 times
Sore losers? Who's to say that Brady isn't hurt?

But, meh, the Pro Bowl is never really worth watching anyway.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:19 PM

^ Brady changes his mind about whether he's hurt or not like the way John Kerry changes his mind before voting on some topic.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:22 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,020,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ Brady changes his mind about whether he's hurt or not like the way John Kerry changes his mind before voting on some topic.
*shrug* I'm not into dealing with the ridiculous Patriots-bashing at the moment.

Have a good one.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,425,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
*shrug* I'm not into dealing with the ridiculous Patriots-bashing at the moment.

Have a good one.
Amen. The Giants bandwagon is getting worse by the day. I hope theyre real proud of themselves. Does anyone forget Brady's ankle? Perhaps THATS the reason why he opted out. Why injure it for a stupid All-Star Game?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times
The only reason the Giants bandwagon is seeming worse is because of the lingering letdown for Patriots fans not being able to run around telling everybody their team is the greatest team in NFL history. We already had to listen to it most of the season before all the games were played. Now that their overratedness has been exposed before all on the biggest stage in the world of sports, its gotta really hurt.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the media and Patrtiots fans will be ready to crown their team as god of sports next August again, just like they did last August. And again by the end of next season, I will not be surprised if the Patriots make an early exit.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Amen. The Giants bandwagon is getting worse by the day. I hope theyre real proud of themselves. Does anyone forget Brady's ankle? Perhaps THATS the reason why he opted out. Why injure it for a stupid All-Star Game?
Right ... the same ankle he said was completely fine and pain-free before SB 42 began and the same ankle that did not exhibit any limp during or after the game.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM

257 posts, read 987,161 times
Default Superbowl

AS a lifetime cowboy fan the superbowl was a joy to watch >As long as the NFC east wins i am happy.The Patrriot coach is an ass.It was plain as day leaving the field before the game was over proves that he is an ass .What a big baby.Great job Giants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football