Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Not once did I ever say Ben was great! I am actually not a fan of Ben. He's inconsistent. But, you win as a team and you lose as a team. With that in mind, Carson will never take the Bengals to a SB victory. (see comment below)
You're not a fan of Roethlisberger?? Dude's a top-5 QB in the NFL and you aren't a fan of his? Hell, I'M ALMOST A FAN OF HIS!

INCONSISTENT??? I'm sorry, what was his rating last year??? I still think Palmer is better than him, but not as much as I thought at the beginning of last year.

You, AGAIN, proved you know nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, the infamous dirty play by Kimo (Steeler)...how Pittsburgh was crucified over that one I suppose the next thing you'll say is that it is Pittsburgh's fault that the Bengals didn't go further in the playoffs that year. Is that a correct assumption on your part?

This is what Carson had to say about it himself:

....As for the tackle that led to it all, Palmer said Kimo von Oelhoffen did nothing.

“I don’t know Kimo personally,” Palmer said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s a classy guy. Football is football. I don’t think it was malicious at all. He’s a guy with a high motor that plays hard and was playing hard.

“It just happened. I don’t think in any way he was trying to do anything. It’s just part of the game.”

The Steelers lineman was stumbling as he came off a block and lunged at Palmer’s legs, crashing into the side of his left knee. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament when the leg bowed...

I should have asked that question differently above. I didn't mean that Carson wasn't a good QB, however, he's never going to take the Bengals to a SB victory. It requires more than one person to win a SB and the Bengals don't have it. While I hate Chad Johnson, he is a good receiver, but him and Carson cannot do it alone.
This may actually be a post in which you are right. Take it from this die-hard Bengal fan; the Kimo hit on Palmer wasn't intentional. Eric Steinbach didn't finish his block. It was a bit questionable since you aren't supposed to go after a QB's knees. Just ask Roethlisberger when he said you never go after a QB's knees after Odell Thurman hit him after being tripped by a Steeler lineman.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:06 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
You're not a fan of Roethlisberger?? Dude's a top-5 QB in the NFL and you aren't a fan of his? Hell, I'M ALMOST A FAN OF HIS!

INCONSISTENT??? I'm sorry, what was his rating last year??? I still think Palmer is better than him, but not as much as I thought at the beginning of last year.

Just because I don't happen to like Ben means I know NOTHING about football?? Give me a freakin' break! And YES, Ben IS inconsistent. Yes, his ratings are good when he's ON!

How OLD are you...I really want to know this!

YOU KNOW NOTHING---didn't even KNOW that it was BALTIMORE RAVENS winning the early NFL championships, not the CLEVELAND BROWNS that you want to throw in Steeler fans faces from the 1940's. Give me a break.

Shouldn't you be in Summer school or something at this time of day?

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-01-2008 at 12:19 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Except those that are any good.

And I do like the Rooneys. Class acts, active in Irish-American groups. I golfed with Tim Rooney last year in Spring Lake, NJ. Nice guy.

Did I just blow your mind?
No...not impressed. We Pittsburghers see the Rooneys on a regular basis out and about

Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Thank GOD you guys beat the Pats. Boston's luck with their sports teams is getting ridiculous.

I will be at the Bengals-Giants game in September. I must warn you, the Bengals do very well when they play the defending Super Bowl champs the following year.

(that is, if nobody is in jail)
I know, Bostonians are getting carried away. I don't even want to think if the Patriots won, then the Celtics, and then the Red Sox. I'd never hear the end of it from my BIL.

If the Yankees can sweep the Red Sox this weekend, I'll let my BIL have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsafloater View Post
NFC: Cowboys, Seahawks, Saints, Packers, Vikings, Giants

AFC: Patriots, Chargers, Browns, Colts, Jaguars, Texans

Super Bowl: Chargers vs. Vikings (with Farve) or Seahawks

Champions - Chargers

Go 49ers...and by go, of course, I mean, for the love of god score some points and look like a respectible team this season.
There's no way in hell that the Packers will give the Vikings Favre. Unless the Vikings give A. Peterson in return.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Just because I don't happen to like Ben means I know NOTHING about football?? Give me a freakin' break! And YES, Ben IS inconsistent. Yes, his ratings are good when he's ON!

How OLD are you...I really want to know this!

YOU KNOW NOTHING---didn't even KNOW that it was BALTIMORE RAVENS winning the early NFL championships, not the CLEVELAND BROWNS that you want to throw in Steeler fans faces from the 1940's. Give me a break.

Shouldn't you be in Summer school or something at this time of day?

I've already proven you wrong and have dismissed you as a know-nothing "fan" of the Steelers. Good luck next time. Perhaps some education on the subject would suit you better in an argument so you won't have to get embarrassed like you already have here.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-01-2008 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 07-25-2008, 03:30 PM

910 posts, read 2,984,879 times
Quote:

than stop bad mouthin the steelers boy! again, you proved nothing

Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 AM

201 posts, read 478,938 times
Quote:
Oh yes, the infamous dirty play by Kimo (Steeler)...how Pittsburgh was crucified over that one I suppose the next thing you'll say is that it is Pittsburgh's fault that the Bengals didn't go further in the playoffs that year. Is that a correct assumption on your part?

This is what Carson had to say about it himself:

....As for the tackle that led to it all, Palmer said Kimo von Oelhoffen did nothing.

“I don’t know Kimo personally,” Palmer said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s a classy guy. Football is football. I don’t think it was malicious at all. He’s a guy with a high motor that plays hard and was playing hard.

“It just happened. I don’t think in any way he was trying to do anything. It’s just part of the game.”

The Steelers lineman was stumbling as he came off a block and lunged at Palmer’s legs, crashing into the side of his left knee. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament when the leg bowed...

I should have asked that question differently above. I didn't mean that Carson wasn't a good QB, however, he's never going to take the Bengals to a SB victory. It requires more than one person to win a SB and the Bengals don't have it. While I hate Chad Johnson, he is a good receiver, but him and Carson cannot do it alone.
Never did I say it was dirty, it was actually legal and caused by a O-lineman..

I'd put money on Carson taking the bengals to a SB.. He has ten years or so to get it done..

Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
I think next year will be the Giants/Pats again for some reason. We lost Shockey and Strahan's leaving... But we have some great, young talent I think could get us real far. Plaxico's staying, Snee, Eli, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, TYREEEEEEE, Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, McQuarters, Osi Umenyiora, Corey Webster, Kiwanuka, etc.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I think next year will be the Giants/Pats again for some reason. We lost Shockey and Strahan's leaving... But we have some great, young talent I think could get us real far. Plaxico's staying, Snee, Eli, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, TYREEEEEEE, Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, McQuarters, Osi Umenyiora, Corey Webster, Kiwanuka, etc.
I sure hope so. Last year's rookies were sensational. I hope they can avoid the dreaded sophomore jinx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football