Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:17 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Ten is X.
11 is XI.
Yep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals-I have no clue when it comes to Thursday Night games. I'm 1-8 picking them this season. I'm inclined to pick a tie. I remember these teams tying in a boring 6-6 game in Arizona last season. There were a lot of missed kicks in that game. I hope Walsh makes all his kicks on Thursday after a rough outing on Sunday. I'll just take the Seahawks because the Cardinals have looked terrible this year. Of course the Seahawks haven't been great themselves. They tend to play to their level of competition and who knows what will happen in a division rivalry game? Cards have a good opportunity to tie the Seahawks in the NFC West standings, but I just can't go with Drew Stanton over Russell Wilson.

Packers @ Bears-Yeah, I watched last night's game. The Packers did indeed look pathetic, and there's absolutely no reason to pick them based on what I saw. Maybe I'm not quick on the uptake and this is a throwaway pick, but I still believe in Green Bay and think they can go into Soldier Field and beat Da lowly Bears who are still the bottom feeders of the division.

Browns @ Lions -I can't wait to see what Jim Bob Cooter comes up with for this one. There doesn't have to be much of a game plan to beat the Browns who'll continue to beat themselves as they compete with my Niners for that 1st round draft pick.

Steelers @ Colts-Expect Big Ben and the Killer B's to take the Colts behind the woodshed in this one. Big Ben owns the Colts. He's thrown for 13 TDS and 0 INTs the last three seasons against Indy. They've beaten the Colts by a score of 124-51 combined in that span. While Big Ben started the games in 2014, 2015, and 2016 and will probably start Sunday, the Colts will be starting their fourth different QB against the Steelers in 4 seasons. That's a dumpster-fire stat.

Chargers @ Jaguars -I can't figure either of these teams out, so I'll just take the Jags at home. Of course the homeless Carson Chargers never really have a home game.

Saints @ Bills -This Buffalo team is a much better team at the Ralph, and the Saints matador defense tends to make appearances only on the road. Therefore, I think the Bills can eke one out here. We'll see if Kelvin Benjamin can break a plane for his new team.

Jets @ Buccaneers -I've resolved not to take the Jets the rest of the season. It bit me last week, but I think Ryan Fitzpatrick will have a big game against his old team. I'll take the Bucs since there's no Winston to smoke.

Vikings @ Redskins-This one is a coin toss. I can't believe the Skins won at the Link with all those injuries and that no-name receiving core. Kudos to Cousins and company. I hope the Skins sent a thank you letter to Blair Walsh. They won't be so lucky with Kai Forbath coming to FedEx Field.

Bengals @ Titans -Okay, there will be no more talk about the Bengals making the playoffs. They stink. I remember the Titans used to stink, but I like their playoff chances this year as long as Mariota is under center.

Texans @ Rams -I knew Houston's season was over with the loss of Watson, but I didn't realize they would be bad enough to lose to the Colts at home. Yikes! And they're playing one of the hottest offenses in the NFL right now. Rams looks legit. Bill O'Brien sure is a bad QB evaluator. First, he named Tom Savage the starting QB over Watson in Week 1. Savage got pulled in that game due to poor play, and yet O'Brien still went with him in Week 9. Savage played badly against the Colts, and I can't help but wonder why T.J. Yates, a guy who has won a playoff game, is on the bench. Well, at least the Astros won the World Series.

Cowboys @ Falcons -This is just a wishful thinking and throwaway pick out of hatred for Dallas. The Falcons can't seem to figure it out this season as they're suffering from a delayed Super Bowl hangover.

Giants @ 49ers-My Niners have nothing to be gained by winning this game. They're competing for the biggest dumpster and number 1 pick. Eli is having a rough season and could really use the pick me up that a trip to Santa Clara should bring.

Patriots @ Broncos-Obviously Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler aren't the answer, so hopefully we'll see Paxton Lynch for this one. Like it matters considering who they're playing.

Dolphins @ Panthers-The Fins will either score 0 or keep it close. I think they'll get blanked on Monday Night Football against Carolina's tough defense.

Last edited by maniac77; 11-07-2017 at 07:35 PM..

Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 12-4
Week 3: 6-10
Week 4: 12-4
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 7-7
Week 7: 11-4
Week 8: 8-5
Week 9: 6-7

Season: 80-52

I'll take the Seahawks for Thursday night.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Last week: 7-8*
Overall: 73-60* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams last week was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

Seattle @ Arizona. Ahh, Thursday night game here before we know it, and the games are so bad that we STILL want to get rid of it. I think it was last year (or was it 2015??) that these 2 teams played to a 6-6 overtime tie on Sunday Night football in what was one of the most boring games ever sat through.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 7-8*
Overall: 73-60* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams last week was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

Seattle @ Arizona. Ahh, Thursday night game here before we know it, and the games are so bad that we STILL want to get rid of it. I think it was last year (or was it 2015??) that these 2 teams played to a 6-6 overtime tie on Sunday Night football in what was one of the most boring games ever sat through.
7express, that was last year when the Seahawks and Cards finished in a 6-6 tie.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals

Will get the rest in later.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Forgot to say

WHEN BIRDS ATTACK 3 Thursday Night
Seagulls over Pesky Red Birds

Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
If my math is correct I am 72-60 on the season. Had to catch up on the last 2 weeks as I was out of town in Milwaukee and watching the Lions slap the Packers all over Lambeau. Still on a high. It was the coldest night I've experienced since moving to Phoenix in '10. On the picks. Too many home teams but I'm rolling with it.

Seahawks @ Cardinals
Packers @ Bears
Browns @ Lions
Steelers @ Colts
Chargers @ Jaguars
Saints @ Bills
Jets @ Buccaneers
Vikings @ Redskins
Bengals @ Titans
Texans @ Rams
Cowboys @ Falcons
Giants @ 49ers
Patriots @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Panthers

Old 11-09-2017, 06:18 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Seahawks
Bills
Bears
Lions
Titans
Steelers
Jets
Vikings
Jaguars
Rams
Falcons
Giants
Patriots
Panthers

Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Seattle @ Arizona
New Orleans @ Buffalo
Green Bay @ Chicago
Cleveland @ Detroit
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis
NY Jets @ Tampa Bay
LA Chargers @ Jacksonville
Houston @ LA Rams
Dallas @ Atlanta
NY Giants @ San Francisco
New England @ Denver
Miami @ Carolina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football