Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 05:32 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,813,974 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see Kirk go to Cleveland, but depending on how serious he is about wanting to win over money, that may not be the likely landing spot for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 06:56 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,037,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I just think it's hilarious how all the "experts" coming out and saying the Redskins screwed up the negotiations with Kirk Cousins two years ago...
One qualified expert doesn’t think it was the Redskins who screwed up the Cousins co tract 2 years ago. He thinks it was the Broncos!

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...-kirk-cousins/

Old 02-03-2018, 05:46 AM

272 posts, read 185,042 times
welp the Skins lost this trade. Now Cousins can go somewhere and play like it matters.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:42 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Everyone got so up in arms when he had.. Several bad games early on. Was it 2014 against the Giants where he threw like 5 picks? Too few people, my opinion, saw the raw talent there and could say he just needed to play through it. After all, he played 2 games as a rookie (1 start).. 3 in '13, got started and yanked in '14.. Once he got a half season under his belt in '15 and knew he was the guy.. His play improved.

The only knock I can put on him is he tends to fall flat in bigger games. But.. Again, i'd love to see what he could do on a team with a solid running game. I don't think it's fair to put it to him to win every game. VERY few QBs can do that. You look at Dalton, who is probably the only QB with a consistently worse running game than Cousins has had.. He hasn't been all that great these past few years.
Very true that the Redskins haven't had a great running game in a long, long time. Alex Smith is going to need the 'skins to pick it up in that aspect of the game.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:48 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,664,972 times
I wonder who Andy Reid will get now? Nick Foles? I hope not! Alex Smith is a very capable quarterback. He handed the Eagles a loss this season.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I wonder who Andy Reid will get now? Nick Foles? I hope not! Alex Smith is a very capable quarterback. He handed the Eagles a loss this season.
Patrick Maholmes is starting next season.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:52 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,664,972 times
Quote:
Didn't know that. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:16 PM

19,744 posts, read 10,180,303 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter, they won't go far with Reid running the show.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:33 PM

1,771 posts, read 1,700,039 times
It has been suggested Minnesota would actually be Cousins' first choice, as they are in probably the best position to win-now. It would be a good landing spot for him, with a very good receiver duo (Thielen & Diggs) and a really promising running back in Dalvin Cook, though he needs to recover from his ACL surgery.

It seems pretty clear that Denver is going to make a serious play for him, too, though they have some issues that they would need to address before being a playoff team again. I would have to think Arizona would be after him, though I am not sure how attractive they are, outside of the fact that they have David Johnson in the backfield. They are kind of a mess at receiver, with Larry Fitzgerald maybe returning for one more season and not much behind him.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
It has been suggested Minnesota would actually be Cousins' first choice, as they are in probably the best position to win-now. It would be a good landing spot for him, with a very good receiver duo (Thielen & Diggs) and a really promising running back in Dalvin Cook, though he needs to recover from his ACL surgery.

It seems pretty clear that Denver is going to make a serious play for him, too, though they have some issues that they would need to address before being a playoff team again. I would have to think Arizona would be after him, though I am not sure how attractive they are, outside of the fact that they have David Johnson in the backfield. They are kind of a mess at receiver, with Larry Fitzgerald maybe returning for one more season and not much behind him.
That would be very interesting to see Cousins in Minnesota. I think he'd love it there as they are stacked! I do see him in Denver though. They still have a great defense, and I honestly think a better QB gets Denver back in contention. I wouldn't count out Arizona, though looking at it, I think if he truly wants to win and have a shot at the Super Bowl, he'd want to go Minnesota or Denver. I think Minnesota has a better coach and should be on his very short list. If he goes to Cleveland, then he's just looking for a big pay day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football