Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
8 tonite, Colt. My son reminded me last night that today is the Old Lady's birthday. So we need to have a meal and snacks for her
Also she hates football
So if it is on the tv it will be with the sound off and when she is not in the room.
Sounds like a plan, Cat Man!

Sorry to hear it, but you can still be in the spirit!

Hey, am I makin' rhymes... every time?

Am I a poet... and don't even know it?

Anyway, FOOT-BALL's a-comin', baby... and I don't mean MAYBE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 09:18 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post

What is the purpose of the Hall of Fame game? Does it decide something? I somehow missed this in previous years. Hope it's not like the pro bowl where they mostly goof off instead of playing to win.
I agree. Hall of Fame Games are pointless.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
When's football?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Love it!

Old 08-02-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Just saw on the TV schedule that the Bears will play the Ravens on Thursday.

What is the purpose of the Hall of Fame game? Does it decide something? I somehow missed this in previous years. Hope it's not like the pro bowl where they mostly goof off instead of playing to win.
If I may...

As others have indicated, this game kicks off the NFL (pre-)season, points to current Hall of Fame inductees, and happily alerts all the rest of us long-suffering pigskin addicts to the wondrous fact that professional football is about to descend back into our sorry, meaningless, good-for-nothing lives!

We schmucks are generally hopelessly lost without our beautiful all-American game! Until its long-awaited return, we schmoes are endlessly subjected to (in no particular order): golf, beisbol, soccer (futbol), endless binging on oft-seen movies and oft-seen episodes, boring reruns of last year games, boring reruns of every other sport on earth -- for SIX LONG AND DREARY MONTHS! For all intents and purposes, we are all but clinically DEAD.

Football is life-giving. Football is pure health. Football brings happiness and delight... morning, noon and night. Football is our addiction of choice. It is our first love. Our hearts skip a beat when it comes back into our dreary lives. We now have purpose, and we will be fully restored and once again have true hope and meaning in our crushed and broken hearts!

Old 08-02-2018, 06:07 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Jerry Kramer finally made it in.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:53 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
So my sister just called me to say, Are you watching football??? She is not a fan but loves sports talk radio, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen, Joe Buck's Undeniable, knows more about some players than I do. I'm telling you, weird, very weird.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So my sister just called me to say, Are you watching football??? She is not a fan but loves sports talk radio, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen, Joe Buck's Undeniable, knows more about some players than I do. I'm telling you, weird, very weird.
Susan, that really is unusual! She knows things about football and players just by listening to sports talk radio? Incredibly unbelievable, but I'm guessing not impossible. I'm not sure how many people could do that. I couldn't!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:18 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
We do get to see how well the rookies stack up against each other. ie: RGIII vs Lamar Jackson for the future QB slot in Baltimore. RGII can forget about it. In fact, Joe Flacco needs to start worrying. Jackson looks pretty damn good.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Just as I post that LJ throws an interception!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:32 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Proud of Correa doing so well tonight. He's a former player on the college team I root for. Boise State Broncos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football