Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 03:31 PM

14,334 posts, read 14,658,646 times

Advertisements

OK, the NFL has moved the game to Rams home stadium. The field in Mexico was in bad shape, not suitable to play.

All teams scheduled to give up a home game for an international game are required to have their home stadiums available on an emergency basis. The Rams have traveled to Colorado Springs to prepare for the Mexico City trip at altitude, but will now head back home to get ready to host the 9-1 Chiefs.

Will this change some thinking about their picks???

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-13-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 04:56 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,627,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, the NFL has moved the game to Rams home stadium. The field in Mexico was in bad shape, not suitable to play.

All teams scheduled to give up a home game for an international game are required to have their home stadiums available on an emergency basis. The Rams have traveled to Colorado Springs to prepare for the Mexico City trip at altitude, but will now head back home to get ready to host the 9-1 Chiefs.

Will this change some thinking about their picks???
Wow! Apparently that dang Shakira causes all kinds of chaos and disorder everywhere she performs. Now it's a major shambles going on with the TURF (of all things) inside Estadio Azteca? Wow!

Okay, I'm officially boycotting ALL Shakira concerts from now on.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:14 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,407,717 times
Packers for now and I will get the rest of picks in later

Old 11-13-2018, 07:57 PM

7,608 posts, read 6,113,265 times
Since the RAMS game is moved to the LA Memorial Coliseum it does change the dynamics of the game. Going into week 11, lots of players are injured. The RAMS will be without the GLUE (Kupp) that gives headaches to opposing defenses. However they still have a solid defense. The Chiefs are thin on secondary anyway, and will match up well with the Rams other receivers. Home field advantage? maybe. The Chiefs area force too. This will be the game of the week !

The EAGLES lost in part due to a lack of corners. They have been snakebitten with injuries there. MY FINZ have a banged up Offensive line, no starting QB. The grounded jets are without rookie sensation whats his name from Oklahoma.

TEAMS that know how to draft deep and play well late in the season will win. That is why the Patriots are often in the mix, they draft well and have talent ready to come off the bench. The Steelers are coming around as an AFC powerhouse. The Titans are finally in a groove. SO there is still a lot of good football left.

The teams with depth, good coaching, and the ability to adjust to situations will stick around. Teams that cannot (like the Buccaneers for example.....getting into the red zone over and over and not scoring a TD?) are already out.

Packers @ SEAHAWKS I think Pete Carroll chews gum and out coaches the Pack for a home win. If this were in Lambeau, I'd go with Susan's Packers - Both teams have struggled, yetfor the Pack to be 4-4-1 going into week 11 is unimaginable 12 weeks ago. .....But as the late Great Guy Lombardo said "Enjoy yourself -it's later than you think."

BENGALS @ Ravens Last time, in CIncy., the Stripey Cats ate the Birds. The Ravens are on a 3 game skid, Edgar Allen Poe is probably turning over in his grave, and Coach John Hairball is likely to be unemployed in a few weeks

===================CATFIGHT===============
PANTHERS @ Lions Lions are bigger and stronger but lack the speed and stealth of a panther Hard to pick, but the Lions may have to wait until THANKSGIVIN' to pick up a win at home. Wonder how many TURKEYS Matt Stafford can afford with the $ 867 Million dollar salary?
====================================

TITANS @ Colts At some point we need to pick some home teams, but this may be a good game. Good, Goode, and Luck and company are playing well and the Mariota Titans are moving the ball., This could be a tie.

Cowboys @ FALCONS IF it follows the Cowboys win/lose/win/lose pattern then the Dirty Birds will win. I do not trust them though, and am likely ruining this pick, I never get the Cowboys right, they are too inconsistent.

Buccaneers @ GIANTS It appears that the city of TAMPA have given up on the Buccaneers season officially now. Time to bring the ship in, make a few people walk the plank, and try to forget how they will make the Giants defense as well as Eli Manning look good. Look for Beckham to have a field day.

Eagles @ SAINTS The Eagles are hurt, the Saints are on fire, and the Saints will be without Dez Bryant., no matter.

TEXICANS @ Redskins Which Redskins team will show up? Which Texicans team will show up? Getting worried picking this many visiting teams

Broncos @ SAN ANGELES /HOMELESS CHARGERS I don't like the Chargers, I am looking forward to seeing them tank, which may be week one of the playoffs, but until then.......

Raiders @ PESKY RED BIRDS The Autumn Wind has become the Autumn Disappointment of the season.

STEELERS @ Jaguars Big Ben puts away Little Blake and the Spotted Cats

Vikings @ BEARS This will be the first meeting of the season between these two leaders in the black and blue division. I agree Cousins is NOT the savior of the Vikings and it will come down to the Bears D eeking out a close win.

CHIEFS @ Rams - Could this be a Super Bowl Liii Prematch?

Byes: 6 teams - Bill's Buffaloes, Browns, My Finz, Grounded Jets, PATRIOTS , 49ers PATRIOTS because the other 5 teams are off every week anyway !

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-13-2018 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 PM

3,757 posts, read 2,589,939 times
Quote:
OK, the NFL has moved the game to Rams home stadium. The field in Mexico was in bad shape, not suitable to play..
I love this..
NFL has been trying to export/peddle football for years (including hoisting American football on to Mexico). But I guess when you expand in to a Third World market, you have to anticipate Third World ineptitude/indifference..

Old 11-13-2018, 09:59 PM

11,325 posts, read 11,082,043 times
Seattle on Thursday. Will get the rest in later!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:02 AM

Packers - my homer pick! Brice, Cobb, King, Perry out but I can't pick Seahawks! Go Pack Go!
Ravens
Panthers
Colts
Falcons
Buccaneers
Saints
Texans
Chargers
Cardinals
Steelers
Bears
Rams - I was taking KC but now Rams - probably be regretting it later!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:06 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
Packers @ Seahawks - two teams in desperation mode AND Packers have nightmares about playing there!
Bengals @ Ravens
Panthers @ Lions
Titans @ Colts
Cowboys @ Falcons
Buccaneers @ Giants
Eagles @ Saints
Texans @ Redskins
Broncos @ Chargers
Raiders @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Jaguars
Vikings @ Bears
Chiefs @ Rams - Mexico game - thanks for the reminder Colt!

Byes: 6 teams - Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Jets, Pats, 49ers

Chiefs @ Rams should be a great game, who to pick? The home team, Rams have shown their weak spots, Packers almost beat them! I might go with the Chiefs! Have fun picking! Go Pack Go!
Seahawks – A good show from the running game against LA carries over to a favorable home matchup.

Ravens – Both teams are falling out of the playoff race but the Ravens take advantage of an awful Bengals D.

Falcons – The Birds are able to conquer the Cowboys only because the game is in Atlanta.

Buccaneers- Fitzmagic ain’t happening but he will be good enough to beat an equally bad team.

Steelers – The Steel City conquers their phobia to Jaguars.

Texans – A surging Texans team beats a Washington team that is not as good as their record.

Colts – The Titans are due for a letdown after last week’s big win and the Colts are capable of delivering.

Panthers – The Panthers get the lowly Lions at the right time after a beatdown. CMC tears apart an unimpressive Lions D.

Chargers – The quiet SB contender gets an important divison win.

Cardinals – Josh Rosen does just enough to get by a total dumpster fire.

Saints – Drew Brees at home, not picking against him.

Bears – K Mack closer to full strength is too much for Mr. You Like That.

Rams – Not an easy one to choose, but trusting the Rams to play just enough D to slow down Mahomes. First to 42 wins

Old 11-14-2018, 01:16 PM

78,694 posts, read 60,878,962 times
With the Bears and Vikes having strong defenses, this game could hinge on critical turnovers at the QB position.

Bears defense in particular has been scoring a lot of points this season and those 10-14 point swings are back-breakers.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM

So rumor has it Ravens QB Joe Flacco may not play Sunday, who is the backup QB, didn't RGIII go there? I picked the Ravens and guess I'll stay with my pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football