Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:24 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

What an interesting offseason as we have atleast 4 big name free agent QBs unsigned going into the offseason.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariotta, Teddy Bridgewater, Jamis Winston, and Case Keenum are the big names this offseason.

I think it's probably safe to say that Tom and Dak aren't going anywhere. Just a matter of money to keep them where they are. The rest are likely end up in other teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 09:04 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Brady, Brees, Prescott, Rivers, Tannehill and Winston stay put. Others will be back-ups elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:06 AM

17,593 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Brady, Brees, Prescott, Rivers, Tannehill and Winston stay put. Others will be back-ups elsewhere.

You think Winston winds up back with Tampa? wow.. I lean more towards that bridge being burned.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:12 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You think Winston winds up back with Tampa? wow.. I lean more towards that bridge being burned.
Ira Kaufman, the only Tampa Bay source I know of, seems to think he isn't going anywhere. Does Tampa have other options? Not the best year to be on the market. Maybe they'll cut ties bring in a rental and position for a QB on draft day.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:46 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Bucs can try to get one from the draft. I agree that Winston is done, he is too prone to bad decisions and interceptions.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:10 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
All the early FA speculation rather pointless until we see which teams sign their own first.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:12 PM

Bridgewater to me is the fascinating one.

Brees only has a couple more years at best (most likely)

I think Bridgewater fits their system very good and I think they would want to keep him and I think he'd want to stay there. But I don't think he's interested in backing up Brees for another two years, if another one year.

So, he has to go.. but, where does he go to? I kinda thought of Tampa as a solid destination for him. It seems pretty certain that Miami is going to go after Tua and allow Fitzpatrick to start another season for them while Tua heals..

We've established the list of FA QBs.. but.. let's look at teams with needs, or possible needs.

Patriots - I can't imagine Brady doesn't return, but, I mention them because there's a chance.
Miami - See above
Pittsburgh - Ben will return. They need to address the QB position, but not immediately.
Cincinnati - We know what happens here. the bigger question is do they flip Dalton to someone?
Indianapolis - Maaaybe. Are they sold on Brissett?
Jacksonville - Doubtful they're in the market. Not pleased, I'm sure, with Foles, but. Stuck with him another year.
Denver - Are they all-in with Drew Lock?
Las Vegas - Chucky doesn't seem to really believe in Carr.
Chargers - they need to plan for the future, but I think they kiss and make up with Rivers for 2 years
Chicago - They make a move for someone.
Detroit - They also need to make plans.. but not yet.
Tampa - Yes. Just yes. they need something.

Carolina - Yes.

Those are the teams that I see possibly filling a need at QB. Either through draft or FA.

Any that I'm not thinking of? I suppose we could put Kirk Cousins and the Vikings up here.. He'll be on the last year of his contract. he has actually played well with them. Results haven't been what they hoped for, i'm sure.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What an interesting offseason as we have atleast 4 big name free agent QBs unsigned going into the offseason.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariotta, Teddy Bridgewater, Jamis Winston, and Case Keenum are the big names this offseason.

I think it's probably safe to say that Tom and Dak aren't going anywhere. Just a matter of money to keep them where they are. The rest are likely end up in other teams.
My predictions;

Staying put via franchise tag or other resigning- Brady, Tannehill, Brees, Prescott, Winston

Signing elsewhere and where-

Bridgewater - Panthers
Mariota - Seattle
Keemun- Cleveland

Old 02-04-2020, 03:57 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,938 times
Here are my predictions:

I would say there is no way Brady, Tannehill, Brees and Prescott will be on a new team next year.
I think Rivers will end up on a Florida team, either Miami to help groom Tua or try to put a better QB in Tampa to help Evans and the rest of the offense.
I would say Bridgewater goes to LA Chargers.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Here are my predictions:

I would say there is no way Brady, Tannehill, Brees and Prescott will be on a new team next year.
I think Rivers will end up on a Florida team, either Miami to help groom Tua or try to put a better QB in Tampa to help Evans and the rest of the offense.
I would say Bridgewater goes to LA Chargers.

i think Rivers WANTS to leave the Chargers.. But I don't think it happens.

I rather hope that Bridgewater goes to either Carolina or Tampa. I think those are two decent situations.. They need a little more than just a QB, but they're not.. they're not the Redskins. Tampa finished 7-9 in spite of Winston and his 30 picks. I'd prefer to see them with a better running game, tho.

Carolina's a little bit more of a project. the loss of Kuechly is big. But, they still have McCaffrey. Problem is.. Receivers..

I so want to see Bridgewater come back and be a star like I thought he was going to be in Minnesota before his injury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football