Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:43 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times

Advertisements

Thanks Susan Of course, it all comes down to a guess, and is as accurate as anyone else's, I guess, more than some of the people on TV. And I am interested in everyone else's opinions too.

One new development, what if the Saints have to play on the road again ? Let us HOPE NOT, but a bad bad storm is headed their way...about same date that Katrina devastated the city 16 years ago. As you recall, the Saints had to play on the road as a result.

This thread is for all of us, and I want to hear EVERYONE's picks, opinions, ideas. That is what makes this forum fun. I try to bring somewhat accurate info along with some degree of logic and insight, but I like to couple everything I do with some degree of humor But this forum is not about or for me, it is for and about ALL the fans here.
But what I enjoy most is reading YOUR picks (yes all of you) and regardless of who your favorite team is or where you live, I want to hear from others because that is what keeps this forum so vibrant and dynamic, we have so many insightful fans and experts (some do not even realize that they are experts! ) and that is why I like to read this forum especially during football season.

SO everyone PLEASE post your predictions. Thanks

Hope we all Enjoy the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 09:52 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Good point and me, too! Can't wait for the guessing. Packer fans already talking about 9/12, game with the Saints.

Hard to say now, but the way this storm looks, two weeks later will they be ready for a game???

Old 08-29-2021, 12:29 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Packer fans already talking about 9/12, game with the Saints.
Wait, the NFL season starts a week later this season? So players will have 2 weeks before game 1? I recall 2 years ago when the Packers played Bears on the 1st Thur of the month to open the season, but now the opening game is on the 2nd Thur? Ughh, let's get things rolling already.

And the season goes an extra week now (18 weeks). Pretty soon they'll be playing the Super Bowl in March.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:47 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Wait, the NFL season starts a week later this season? So players will have 2 weeks before game 1? I recall 2 years ago when the Packers played Bears on the 1st Thur of the month to open the season, but now the opening game is on the 2nd Thur? Ughh, let's get things rolling already.

And the season goes an extra week now (18 weeks). Pretty soon they'll be playing the Super Bowl in March.
Season starts the same week as always. First Thursday / weekend after Labor Day. Two weeks off because they eliminated one preseason game. Seasons will end one week later which I like because it means more cold / bad weather games. The way football should be played half the season.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:48 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Hope we all Enjoy the season.
Awesome GIF!

I’ll post my predictions soon!

Old 08-29-2021, 01:00 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,711,345 times
Quote:
Let's face the facts: Bill Belichick, or Belicheat as he is called) has a Losing Record without Tom Brady at QB. Look it up. 61 and 72. The great Genius coach, the future HOF, the Football Prodigy, the Cheater, is under .500 without Brady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Dang, I had no idea.
It'll be interesting to see how the Pats are this year having a full year post-Brady to improve the team.
It's true.

Also, Bill Walsh was under .500 without Joe Montana starting (17-23-1).

And Chuck Noll was under .500 without Terry Bradshaw starting (86-97-1).

Some arguments are just really dumb ones.

Old 08-29-2021, 01:42 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Season starts the same week as always. First Thursday / weekend after Labor Day.
Oh gotcha. I always thought it was the first Thur of the month, but that makes sense to have it the 1st Thur after Labor Day.
So it could be any date from Sept 4th - 10th depending on the year. This year it just happens to fall on the later range.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:05 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:

So, in the league's weakest division,

1 BobTex's Dallas Cowboys 9-8 I may be wrong, but they are not THAT good. Here are my concerns, expressed before: New scheme on defense with weak defensive backs, no depth on O-Line which has long been a source of injury for the Cowboys, and too many questions about Dak. From a medical standpoint, I would suspect that the shoulder strain might have come from compensation relating to the stance which is a result of a weak/repaired ankle. Now I may be wrong, but I may be right. It looks suspicious. Remember, though, I was saying that this guy would be a great NFL QB long before most of the Cowboys fans I spoke to even knew about him. That happens when you watch games other than the College football game of the week.
(I also pointed out that Kerry von Eric had an obvious fake leg before that story went public too, but , oh well)
I suspect now that Dak may take some time to get back into form, but he needs to generate points because the opponents with decent passing QBs probably will be. If the Cowboys lose, it will be more to injuries than to division opponents

MAKE SUPER BOWL PLANS IF: the whole team stays healthy, DAK returns to true form, so does ZEKE and the defense suddenly finds a way to shut down the plays at the line
It is going to be a long season if: ANYONE gets hurt on the offensive line, or Dak does not rebound from last year's injury, or Mike McCarthy gets distracted by the hotdog vendor during the final two minutes.

2 WASHINGTON REDSKINS
8-9 Fitz may be a great old geezer, but I doubt the team will get more than 8 wins. Which in a normal year, would be an 8-8 season and better than last years effort, but Riverboat Ron is going to have to get a real long term QB at some point. And maybe a real mascot too. Th term "Washington Football team" is offensive, because they do not play like a real football team much of the time.

Make Super Bowl Plans if: FITZMAGIC Shines through and the coaching of Rivera brings the team into the playoffs
It is going to be a long season if: The Defense cannot find itself by week 4.

3 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 7-10 THE LAST TIME I picked them to be as Bad as I actually think they are going to be this year, they won the Super Bowl SO, to save face, I am picking them third, but let's face it, the talent level in this division leaves much to be desired. SO do the gaps in the team, but a solid effort from Big Joe Flacco will show that Brady and Fitztragic are not the only old geezers with a little drive left in them.
MAKE SUPER BOWL PLANS IF: Somehow, the Arm of Old Big Joe Flacco can carry the team to more than 10 wins
IT's GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON IF: Opponents find the weak links in the defense and mix up plays .

4 New York FOOTBALL GIANTS 5-12 Another team that has a QB that really needs to step up, and they have relied too heavily on the run with Barkley, who now has a gammy leg, early in life. They receiving Corps is decent enough, so what is wrong here? OH WAIT it is the Offensive coordinator. That is the problem. Good luck then.
MAKE SUPER BOWL PLANS IF: They decide to find a new Offensive coordinator and Daniel Jones plays to his potential.
IT's GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON IF: Who Knows, this is the NFC East?

Honestly, I think the 9-8 is a stretch for Dallas. Zeke hasn't been the same since '18.. His Yards, carries, everything is going down. Could this just have been a couple of down years? I mean, Dallas didn't have a great OL and Dak was beaten up.. But.. He's been hurt some.. He's got that 5 year warranty knocked off.. Which seems to be about how long RBs last for..

Dak.. How's he gonna come back on that ankle? Hows that OL going to work? Once someone sneezes on that line, it's patchwork. And BAD patchwork. We're not talking Dolly's Coat of Many Colors here. This is.. A Hooverville shack thrown together from potato cartons. The line itself isn't horrible, but look at the next man up and it's kinda terrifying.

Washington.. 8-9 is probably the floor for them. They could go higher, I don't really see them going lower. i do believe the early part of the year is critical. They need to be about 4-1 going into the game against KC. Because they have a murderous middle part of the schedule.

Chiefs, Packers, Broncos should be a bit of a break, Tampa, Carolina(?), Seattle.. Then FIVE division games in a row to end the season.

Washington just seems to play down to their ability. Defense did very well last year, but.. What worries me, it took Chase Young to bring that unit together. Remember, they had been playing together before he got there and weren't anything special. I think, maybe, that speaks to Chase Young's leadership.. And if that were lost to injury..

Kicking game has suddenly become a concern. What the hell? Nick Sundberg was the long snapper for years and.. Gone. And now Hopkins is having some issues.. If that spreads to Tress Way, Cheeseman needs to have his butt fromaged to the door and they can resign Sundberg, who is available.

I don't see Philly getting to 7-10. Now, I kinda like the trade for Minshew.. I think he can help Hurts.. However.. It's Philly. Why the hell did you just start a QB controversy? You had Flacco there, who.. in general, wasn't going to get a lot of calls to be put in the game by the Philly faithful. Minshew.. I don't think the same holds true. Hurts goes through his growing pains and they'll be chanting for Minshew and that could affect Hurts. The only upside here is that a first year coach can stick with Hurts through the pains and still have some banked goodwill.

Giants.. Oh, the Giants. Maybe a win or two better. But... Let's all get ready to listen to lots of discussion about the "Daniel Jones Experiment"

Old 09-03-2021, 09:25 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,607,336 times
My predictions for the 2021 Division winners, AFC/NFC Champions, and Super Bowl winner.

AFC East
Buffalo Bills(12-5)
AFC North
Cleveland Browns(13-4)
AFC South
Tennessee Titans(11-6)
AFC West
Kansas City Chiefs(16-1)

NFC East
Washington Football Team(10-7)
NFC North
Green Bay Packers(11-6)
NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers(13-4)
NFC West
Los Angeles Rams(12-5)

AFC Champion
Kansas City Chiefs
NFC Champion
Los Angeles Rams

Super Bowl Winner
Kansas City Chiefs

Old 09-03-2021, 11:25 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times
I think I have said it elsewhere, but for me, the Giants season comes down to two things:

1) Offensive Line
2) Daniel Jones

If the line gives him some time, and he improves, I think the Giants are a playoff contender. But those are two big IFs because there really is no strong evidence yet that either of those two things will happen. I think the defense will be fine, and if the line and Jones play well, Jason Garrett will be just decent enough for the team to win a few more games. But that is a lot of IFs, as I said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football