Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Technically, the only NY team is the Bills. New Jersey has two NFL teams. After this miserable season, I doubt NYC wants to claim the Jets or the Giants. LOL

I don’t think there will be any wildcard upsets in the AFC. There’s more likely to be an upset in the NFC. Other than Philly, it’s a stronger group of wildcard teams.

Yeah, I know.

That's why I phrased it 'Using the state associated with the name of the team'.

When it gets to the point when the 'Met' rebuild gets outdated...way down the line...it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Last edited by RMESMH; 01-11-2022 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: added 3rd paragraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 07:50 PM

652 posts, read 682,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Cincy -6 1/2 over Raiders

Bills -4 1/2 over Patriots

Bucs -9 1/2 over Eagles

Cowboys -3 over 49ers

Chiefs -13 over Steelers

Rams -4 over Cardinals

Give me the Eagles, 49ers (I'll take the m/l on this one too), and the Chiefs
Let's go RAIDERS!!!

Old 01-12-2022, 02:17 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Technically, the only NY team is the Bills. New Jersey has two NFL teams. After this miserable season, I doubt NYC wants to claim the Jets or the Giants. LOL

I don’t think there will be any wildcard upsets in the AFC. There’s more likely to be an upset in the NFC. Other than Philly, it’s a stronger group of wildcard teams.
We are talking about pointspreads in the discussion, not necessarily straight up wins. So are you saying all the AFC teams will cover the spread? If not, feel free to discuss the games with the appropriate handicap included if you have any thoughts on that.

Old 01-12-2022, 01:55 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
I just checked the weather report for Buffalo: Saturday's high temperature will be +11F (with a 'real feel' of +1F) but who knows what it will be at game time which is 8:15 EST. Could be in single digits with a real feel below zero. It calls for low clouds and a 2% chance of precip.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:07 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,918,925 times
So we're picking with the spread and not straight up?

Old 01-12-2022, 02:27 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
I usually don't pick playoffs but was thinking about it, only W/L though, not % or spreads.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:27 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
So we're picking with the spread and not straight up?

I'm not. My picks were straight up win or lose.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:27 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,863 times
Cincy -6 1/2 over Raiders
Bills -4 1/2 over Patriots
Bucs -9 1/2 over Eagles
Cowboys -3 over 49ers
Chiefs -13 over Steelers
Rams -4 over Cardinals

Raiders @ Bengals-I'll take Cincy to cover the spread and to win by a score of 35-24. Raiders have overcome a lot of adversity this season and just making the playoffs with all that turmoil was a feat in itself. Their Week 18 matchup against the Chargers to just get into the playoffs was epic, but I don't see them staying long. Bengals already beat the Raiders 32-13 in Vegas when these teams played in November, and it seems Joe Burrow has only gotten better since then. Bengals have gotten a big monkey off their back this season by taking the AFC North. I feel like they will overcome their past reputation of being a perennial first-round loser that they were under Marvin Lewis with this playoff win. It has been a long drought for Cincy. They haven't won a playoff game since 1991.

Patriots @ Bills-Patriots cover, but the Bills win outright 17-14. Bills were my Super Bowl pick at the beginning of the season. I'm sticking with that. However, this is going to be an epic AFC East cold-weather slobberknocker. I expect Belichick to have some tricks up his no sleeves. He might rely almost entirely on the running game like the Pats did in the first matchup. These two teams split during the regular season, and this game will be the tiebreaker. I don't expect New England to relinquish AFC East supremacy that easily. This game will either be a passing of the baton to the Bills or proof that the Dark Side still prevails.

Eagles @ Bucs-Eagles cover, but the Bucs win outright by a score of 30-24. Brady doesn't have all his weapons at his disposal, and I feel like the Eagles defense will give him some issues early. However, he's the GOAT and will will them to victory late. This game will resemble the game the Bucs played against WFT in the 2021 playoffs, but Tampa Bay is extremely good at home. I don't see the defending champs losing this. Eagles played them tough early in the season losing 28-22 in Philly. Good on Philly for just making the playoffs. There weren't many people who predicted it.

49ers @ Cowboys-AHHH! The team I love the most versus the team I love to hate the most. I cannot wait for this game. I was really hoping my Niners would draw the Rams again. We own them and would've definitely made it to the next round. What a comeback in Week 18! 49ers cover and win outright. I honestly don't like this matchup, but I'm still going with my dream score of 35-0. I'd love to see 100,000 fans at Jerry World go home crying.

Steelers @ Chiefs-Chiefs cover this easily and KC wins 31-13. This game was already played the day after Christmas and KC won 36-10. Chiefs haven't gotten much worse since then and the Steelers haven't gotten that much better. This has been Mike Tomlin's best coaching season ever. How did he get a team led by an ailing Big Ben to limp into the playoffs? It is a miracle. This is Big Ben's last dance and a playoff run would be a great ending to his great career, but I don't see them being competitive at Arrowhead.

Cardinals @ Rams-I like the Cardinals to cover and to win outright by a score of 24-21. I know this is supposed to be the Rams year. The Super Bowl is at SoFi, and they've spent a lot to try and field a superstar roster tailored to win the Super Bowl this year. While they look good on paper, they're kind of a team of primadonnas and there is a softness to them that my Niners love to expose. I think the Cardinals losing last week was a blessing because they're the ultimate road warriors. They were 8-1 on the road this season and play far better on the road than at home where they were 3-5. They've already beaten the Rams 37-20 at SoFi earlier in the season, and I expect them to play spoiler here.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:59 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
I've played this the regular season so may as well play this in the post-season.

Raiders @ Bengals

Patriots @ Bills

Eagles @ Buccaneers

49ers @ Cowboys

Steelers @ Chiefs

Cardinals @ Rams

The experts give the nod to all the home teams this weekend and this time I'm not going against them, though a few games could be tossups.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-12-2022, 06:58 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
5 of the 6 playoff matches are all rematches from in season. I can't remember that many rematches happening in the Wildcard round. Of course, up until last year we only had 4 games on Wildcard weekend, so 5 rematch games would have been impossible anyways, so 5 might be a record. Dallas/San Fran only matchup that didn't happen in season.

FWIW, both the Bills/Pats and Rams/Cards are playing for the 3rd time, and the team that lost the first matchup won the second time around (Bills & Rams). Steelers, Raiders, & Eagles lost the first time around to their respective opponents, can they win the second time like the Bills & Rams did??

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-13-2022 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: changed 'team' to 'time'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football