Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 03:45 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times

Advertisements

A total of eight teams don't own a first-round pick in this month's draft. Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers, all won't be on the clock until Day 2 of the event. (NBC Sports)

Is this unusual? I know there's usually a few but 8 seems like a lot (or playing the "older" card here), might be just me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 05:50 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
A total of eight teams don't own a first-round pick in this month's draft. Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers, all won't be on the clock until Day 2 of the event. (NBC Sports)

Is this unusual? I know there's usually a few but 8 seems like a lot (or playing the "older" card here), might be just me!
MY FINZ will have their first pick at 102, as of now, unless Grier trades that one off for some guy who lost his leg in a lawnmower accident and had it surgically reattached in the offseason and is expected to be able to kick field goals again......

I am looking forward to the draft though.

Just not in a real glad mood this week. My Mother lost her battle with Cancer on Palm Sunday and we held her memorial service in Texas yesterday morning . They mentioned that she loved football and the Dallas Cowboys during the service. My dad is taking it harder than anyone, and while we are all sad, I am more concerned about him than I am myself, and more concerned with myself than the chances (which are not zero but near it) of MY FINZ having a winning season this fall.

SO yes, I need something lighthearted like the draft to just escape from the week we have had

I am back home now in Florida, just arrived an hour ago. I had to get online to order pizza

IF I win the ESPN Draft Challenge, well, I can buy lots of pizza and maybe a Stripey Cats jersey or even one that says "Trevor Lawrence" on it.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 04-27-2022 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-27-2022, 06:24 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Thoughts for you, it is so tough. I've been down that road this year. I lost my sister, end of January, she would have been 82 in March. Too many health issues to overcome. Like your mother, you can know it's going to happen, in the long run, might even be for the best, does not make it any easier. Concentrate on making sure your dad is o.k.

I'm looking forward to this draft because Packers have 2 picks tomorrow, 2 on Saturday. It will be funny if they don't take a WR, Packers twitter might explode. Website finally turned off comments after articles, smart move on their part. It will get brutal, especially if they don't take one in the first 4 picks. This would amuse me, fans sometimes are very predictable!

Old 04-27-2022, 06:48 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Lot of player movement with picks getting swapped. Not sure of a record or not but it must be close if not.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:29 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,280,794 times
Broncos got their first round pick. His name is Russell Wilson.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:26 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
I wish my Panthers did not have the #6 pick because they seem bound and determined to eff it up and gt a QB with that pick, SMH

Old 04-27-2022, 09:26 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:

I thought the Rams are in the middle of a stretch of like 6 years with only 1 first round pick??

Old 04-28-2022, 06:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I wish my Panthers did not have the #6 pick because they seem bound and determined to eff it up and gt a QB with that pick, SMH
We can just hope that Fitterer continues his itchy finger habit from last year and trade back again.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:03 AM

602 posts, read 504,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
MY FINZ will have their first pick at 102, as of now, unless Grier trades that one off for some guy who lost his leg in a lawnmower accident and had it surgically reattached in the offseason and is expected to be able to kick field goals again......
If I'm doing my math correctly that means the Dolphins will not have a pick until Saturday.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:06 AM

132 posts, read 88,622 times
Quote:
Thoughts for you, it is so tough. I've been down that road this year. I lost my sister, end of January, she would have been 82 in March. Too many health issues to overcome. Like your mother, you can know it's going to happen, in the long run, might even be for the best, does not make it any easier. Concentrate on making sure your dad is o.k.

I'm looking forward to this draft because Packers have 2 picks tomorrow, 2 on Saturday. It will be funny if they don't take a WR, Packers twitter might explode. Website finally turned off comments after articles, smart move on their part. It will get brutal, especially if they don't take one in the first 4 picks. This would amuse me, fans sometimes are very predictable!
The fans that scream for receivers will be silent when 12 won't throw to them because he hasn't "developed that trust". They'd be better off to trade the pics for proven talent than waste them on guys who won't get the ball anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football