Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 02:13 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,555,108 times

Advertisements

In semi-related news..
Cousins was chosen for this season's Bart Starr award, for on & off the field outstanding character & leadership. I think the award is formally accepted after the regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 11:43 AM

334 posts, read 181,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
In semi-related news..
Cousins was chosen for this season's Bart Starr award, for on & off the field outstanding character & leadership. I think the award is formally accepted after the regular season.
Congratulations to Cousins and a tip of the hat to the many unsung players that don't get the recognition for the community service they do. However, your average rube is much more interested in hearing about who got divorced and why.

Incidentally, Russell Wilson won this last year.

Before my time, but anyone remember 1998 winner Eugene Robinson and how he celebrated winning his award?

from wiki
Spoiler
Atlanta Falcons safety Eugene Robinson won the award for the 1998 NFL season, but was arrested the very same evening he received the award in Miami, Florida for soliciting a female undercover police officer posing as a prostitute. This occurred on the eve of the Falcons' game against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXXIII. Robinson agreed to return the award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Starr_Award

Old 01-01-2023, 06:42 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Well, he was stone cold something today, all right...

Old 01-01-2023, 06:45 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
They've won those close games but when they lose, it's big time. Media has been talking about their defense, way they win games. Didn't look to be a scary team today. Packers shut down Jefferson, 1 catch, 15 yards.

Old 01-02-2023, 08:56 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
To all the people who believe that the most important offensive lineman is the left tackle, this game, and others like it with the same circumstance, proves otherwise.

It's your center. The ball has to easily transition to your quarterback every play while instantly being ready to block. The shortest distance to the quarterback is over this guy.

The Vikes are in real trouble at this position now.

Old 01-08-2023, 03:37 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
McG, I like a separate Cousins thread.. because he is a player that has been hyper-criticized by the media.
I basically find most fans view Cousins as a good (not great QB), and seem to like Cousins' persona. But the media has been fixated on Cousins not being Joe Montana in (semi)big games. I cited Cousins' Thursday night record earlier, he's 4-5, and undefeated as a Viking on Thursdays. He's 1-2 in the playoffs, so he's not Brady.. but a lot of NFL Qbs would take 3 playoff starts including a win.
Takeaway for me, the media likes picking on Cousins, and they resentfully reported on his big payday. But Murray in Arizona has been a much worse value, and the media has been much gentler on him. Even rallying in Murray's defense when the Cards tried to contractually obligate Murray to (effectively) do basic homework.

I think it's cool that we (as fans) can debate/counter the media's nit-picky narrative on Cousins.
To your other point, it is irrelevant to mention Cousins, alongside 50 years of previous Viking' history. That would be rude, but par for the course.. I'm surprised Cousins-haters haven't yet found a way to blame him for the North Stars departure..
Well the Vikings are 13-4, so the media and Cousins h8rz are going to get their wish of something to talk about. They can start with this, Cousins prevailed over a 2nd String We-Need-to-lose-today Bears team.

So that's thread worthy, not.

Old 01-08-2023, 03:44 PM

451 posts, read 422,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well the Vikings are 13-4, so the media and Cousins h8rz are going to get their wish of something to talk about. They can start with this, Cousins prevailed over a 2nd String We-Need-to-lose-today Bears team.

So that's thread worthy, not.

Well you are right. But the vikes did the zombie dance today...so that's something. Hope they do it in the super bowl against the chiefs

Old 01-08-2023, 05:40 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Well you are right. But the vikes did the zombie dance today...so that's something. Hope they do it in the super bowl against the chiefs
Naw, it's got to be the Vikings and the Bills. Think about that one.

"Something's gotta give!"

Old 01-09-2023, 07:52 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
That's the matchup I want to see. I'm a life long Vikings fan who has transitioned to the Chiefs over the last 10 years as well. I love everything about the franchise and the players. The Vikings organization has been doing it's best to lose me. I'm unsure who I'd want to win for this one.

Old 10-23-2023, 09:25 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,555,108 times
Cousins threw for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs in a Monday night win over arguably the best team in the league..

Cousins has a winning record in 'prime time' games. So now the media narrative has been trimmed down to always pointing he struggles specifically on Mondays. That edit is still missing context though. Because 6 of the Monday night losses came early in his career, on mediocre Washington squads..

Hopefully this good individual performance, and team win, will help silence the 'ghouls of the press'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football