Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 09:50 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Ahead of the schedule release on May 11, here are some blockbuster leaks:
  • Opening day: SB rematch! Chiefs vs Eagles
  • SNF opener: Jets vs Patriots (hello AR)
  • MNF opener: Bengals vs. Bills / 49ers vs. Cowboys
  • Thanksgiving Day tripleheader: Ravens vs. Steelers / Lions vs. Packers / Cowboys vs. Jets
  • Black Friday: Eagles vs Giants
  • Christmas Day: Chiefs vs Bills
  • AFC Championship rematch....Dec 31. Chiefs vs Bengals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 10:12 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

SO I will say Super Bowl rematch on open week, for the first of MANY TIMES and at least this one time, some one timer who stops by this board (Who has no idea who any of us even are) will not whine about a Super bowl rematch taking place when the original was 40 years ago...... ?

EIther way, there are some potrentially good Super bowl rematches this season

BobTex's COWBOYS vs MY FINZ
Maniacs 49ERS vs BENGALS
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS vs The EVIL PATRIOTS
REDSKINS vs Bill's BUFFALOES
and the VIKINGS vs the Raiders

just to name a few.....

Old 05-10-2023, 11:29 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
NFL.com has Jets/Dolphins for Black Friday, I saw Giants and Eagles for Christmas. Early leaks aren't always correct. I'd go with NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-sc...-reveal-may-10

Old 05-11-2023, 05:55 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
NFL.com has Jets/Dolphins for Black Friday, I saw Giants and Eagles for Christmas. Early leaks aren't always correct. I'd go with NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-sc...-reveal-may-10
Good point. I got it from CBS Sports, but leaks are not always correct.

We should know today!

Old 05-11-2023, 06:01 AM

It's all good, fun of scheduling. I posted a link to Packers schedule, Bill Huber SI has it, and listed the prime time games.

They got more than I thought they would, but then again NFL knows they're a big draw ratings wise.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
Quote:
  • Thanksgiving Day tripleheader: Ravens vs. Steelers / Lions vs. Packers / Cowboys vs. Jets
Chiefs are hosting the Lions on opening day, not Eagles.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:41 PM

Don't know where CBS got their early info from but they missed on a few.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:

That Thanksgiving slate looks, right now, to possibly be kinda bad.

Don't you just wish the Packers and Jets were playing each other this year. THAT game would put eyes on the set.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:07 PM

Yeah, that would be a hoot! Could be in '24 I read, but there's a formula involved. I'm excited for this season, hope the North is competitive, will be interesting if Lions keep it going. We'll see how Love is, up/downs I'm sure, but don't think it will be as bad as some think.

I'm not sure Vikings will be good, their record last year wasn't a good picture of the actual team. Lions are fun to watch, I'll miss Jamaal, landing with Saints is good for him. His personality fits with New Orleans just fine, love that kid.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:56 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Thanksgivin will be Redskins vs COwboys in Dallas

Used to be a tradition for us, wake up early, fix a meal, get on the bus and go to the old Texas stadium for a 3pm game. Always rooted againssnt the Cowbys except that one time when the Evil Patriots came. And by the end of the game EVERYONE around us knew that I hated the PAtriots.

I always took an extra turkey drumstick , wrapped it in foil, put it in my pcket, and ate it during the game....
Back then you could do that. Nowadays, trying to sneak a turkey leg into an NFL game would probably get one arrested or shot on sight !

Which brings up the schedule which was just rleased while I was busy with other things

the Lcoal team, the Succaneers, who should be hopelessly out of playoff contention by week 8, if not for the fact that the NFC South sucks as a division, will playing the Saints on new Years EVE here in Tampa That might be the only game worth seeing, only because the fans for both teams put on such a fun party in the parking lot , tailgating before the game. Buccanners fans and Saints fan are awesome, and the party atmosphere is worth the trip regardless of which team one favors.

Otherwise, the NFL No Fun Left league will likely not offer any other good SUnday entertainment locally, but a lest with the Pirates sucking we will not have to have every important news broadcasts (hurricanes, nuclear disasters, presidential assassinations, Kardassians) preempted by how life centers around the Succaneers, (when they are winning) which those whom live around here can understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football