Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 02:01 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times

Advertisements

Missed last week but didn't miss much I guess it was probably another .500 week....grrrr.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
The Will Levis era has begun. If the Titans can get anything going early and make the Steelers play catch up, game over. Otherwise they tend to hang on and win where they shouldn't.

Miami @ Kansas City (GER)
Are the wheels falling off in KC? The story of Mahomes having the flu last week seemed a late new flash given how frequent the reports otherwise.

Minnesota @ Atlanta
Taylor Heineke named the starting QB for the Falcons after lighting things up in the second half last week. Vikings seem dead in water minus Cousins.

Arizona @ Cleveland
Browns are playing lights out defense, hard to choose against them.

LA Rams @ Green Bay
Another dead in water NFC North team, easy Rams win likely.

Washington @ New England
Sam Howell putting up big numbers, Pats have an answer?

Chicago @ New Orleans
The Saints may have found themselves last week

Seattle @ Baltimore
Ravens seem to be peaking

Tampa Bay @ Houston
Tough pick, coin toss

Indianapolis @ Carolina
Colts seem to play down to competition and close games in general.

NY Giants @ Las Vegas
My head hurts over this one.

Dallas @ Philadelphia
Cowboys over the moon after a big win at the over-hyped Rams. Back to earth perhaps...

Buffalo @ Cincinnati
Liking the Bengals level of play

LA Chargers @ NY Jets
J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 04:19 PM

1,991 posts, read 976,720 times
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

Minnesota @ Atlanta
Arizona @ Cleveland
LA Rams @ Green Bay
Washington @ New England
Chicago @ New Orleans
Seattle @ Baltimore
Tampa Bay @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Las Vegas
Dallas @ Philadelphia

Buffalo @ Cincinnati

LA Chargers @ NY Jets

Old 11-02-2023, 05:19 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Almost forgot..

Titans for tonight

Old 11-02-2023, 05:57 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
I will take Pitt at home tonight. The only thing consistent about the Steelers & Titans is they are inconsistent but I will take the terrible towels to rattle the rookie QB and get the win.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:25 PM

339 posts, read 148,775 times
Week 9

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh-TNF Its been a busy week at work and I am so late w/my picks. I would of picked Pitt. Its the 3rd Q and tied at 13 lol.

Minnesota @ Atlanta
Arizona @ Cleveland
LA Rams @ Green Bay
Washington @ New England
Chicago @ New Orleans
Seattle @ Baltimore
Tampa Bay @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Las Vegas
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Buffalo @ Cincinnati-SNF
LA Chargers @ NY Jets-MNF

BYE: Detroit, Denver, San Francisco, Jacksonville

Old 11-04-2023, 08:09 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
Week 9

SO My Son sent me the picture of the Spirit Halloween Parody costume of the Raiders Coach. Which had been floating around for a while WELL They fire him THE NEXT DAY Now we both are laughing Not at the Raiders or him, but at the irony of Life imitating art.

Remember the Titans @ Steelers Already Picked Did not watch the game, not sure who won

Well, time to get that dusty file out and see if I have any unused jokes or at least ones that are so old someone here will not remember them, or the newbies will not have heard them

MY Finz@ CHIEFS (GER) YA YA I am picking za Chiefs because Mine FInz cannot show zat zey cannot go za distance to beat za really good team yet YA VO but I know nothing NOTHING

(Which judging by my record, is pretty obvious)

Vikings @ FALCONS Welcome to the NFL Crummy Game of the week Part One the Opening match Reminds me of when we were kids, we would pay $4 (which was allowance + mowing the neighbor's yard in the 70s) and go to the rasslin matches. The opening match was always these two newbie unskilled rasslers who offered little but did manage to warm up the crowd through taunting and show, although little to no skill was on display

Proverbial Pesky Pathetic RED BIRDS @ Edible Brownies You know, I kind of like the Brownies, not the ones in the NFL, I mean the other kind. But since I am down to 210 lbs today and want to be at 204 by Thanksgivin' I am not going to eat any more of them. I probably won't watch this game either, but it would be hilarious for Kyler Murray to make his triumphant but tiny return and win Afterwards, they can take a picture of him and that little 3 foot dwarf mascot together and sell them on Ebay to help Kyler pay for the new version of Madden which is due out soon

LA RAMS @ Acme Packers ugly uniform exhibition

Redskins @ NEW EVIL PATRIOTS Belicheat vs Riverboat Ron Two coaches on the Hot Seat Difference is the reaction of the Loser. Belicheat will slink off and not talk to anyone while Ron will go on a cursing tirade

Da Bears @ DEM SAINTS Now folks, the Bears ARE NOT Making a sudden playoff push. In fact, tanking is in order, because although they hold the Pink Panthers first round pick, they hold their own pick as well. SO Recent trades may mean 5 or 6 wins, but against Who Dat ? in da Super Dome, not quite.

WHEN BIRDS ATTACK...AGAIN !
SEAHAWKS @ Nevermore, Baltimore Ravens.... This weeks version of When Birds attack es Pete Carroll and his Osprey swoop into the noisy Crows and defeather them right over Poe's Final Resting place. Ah The Horror ....

Succaneers @ TEXICAN'TS CRUMMY GAME OF THE WEEK SPECIAL EVENT TODD BOWLES vs LOVIE SMITH If you tied me down and put eye clamps on me like in Clockwork Orange I would have no choice but to watch this, then I would develop an aversion to football and never watch it ever again. Fortunately, my TV does not turn Succaneer games on thanks to a little switch that sits in the upper right corner of the remote control

COLTS @ Pink Panthers Got to admire the simplicity and design of the Colt's Uniforms If only the team could be as good as when Manning or Unitas was at the helm although Morrell was no slouch either

NY Football Giants @ RAIDERS Teams with new interim mid-season coaches generally have an advantage of scouting the opponent while throwing something new. Look for the Raiders to run wildcats, wishbone T formations, and long option passes which confuse Wink Martindale's Tic Tac D'OH ! defense. And that weed infused fog that they pump into the dome helps too At least makes the fans more mellow.

Cowboys @ EAGLES My Dad is coming out to visit from Texas so we will have to watch this game Clearly the best offering of the week, with two Super Bowl contenders I give a slight advantage to the home team, only because the fans will be throwing bricks and bottles while Fat Mike stuffs his face with 2 dozen Philly Cheese steak sandwiches on the sidelines...

BILL's BUFFALOES @ Stripey Cats IT is time for Allen and Co to make a statement on the road and step up They need to win this game.

SKidRow Homeless Chargers @ LA GUARDIA JETS It takes two days straight for the bus to get from the Salvation Army Shelter to La Guardia Field and the players will wish that they had money to charter a plane, but alas, they are from SKID ROW thy are broke, they play at a converted high school field, thy are broke, they sleep in a shelter, they are broke , and they are starting to fall apart, breaking at the seams. The Jets are still good in 21 positions, sadly not the one that matters most, but look for the Chargers to fall apart and the Jets to taxi to a 2 point win. Well, look for that IF you watch it.

BYE: Detroit Rock City Lions, Broncos, 49ers, Jaguars , Maple Cookies until Thanksgiving, Flavored coffees at WAWA

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 11-04-2023 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: format

Old 11-04-2023, 09:30 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Whoa, Cat! No Fins? I picked them for you, KC hasn't looked great lately, yes, I know Mahomes wasn't feeling well last week.

No comment for my Pack? They aren't doing well at all, quite the mess (coaches words). When coach says, we're a mess right now, guess what, you are a mess! Every week I hear they'll be better, not seeing it!

Good luck with your picks everyone!

Old 11-04-2023, 04:52 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,123,714 times
Minnesota @ Atlanta
Arizona @ Cleveland
LA Rams @ Green Bay
Washington @ New England
Chicago @ New Orleans
Seattle @ Baltimore
Tampa Bay @ Houston
Indianapolis @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Las Vegas
Dallas @ Philadelphia

Buffalo @ Cincinnati

LA Chargers @ NY Jets

Old 11-04-2023, 05:40 PM

5,232 posts, read 6,152,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Going with Pittsburgh. I will catch-up later.
Pittsburgh WON

Kansas City
Atlanta
Cleveland
LA Rams
New England
New Orleans
Baltimore
Houston
Indianapolis
Las Vegas
Philadelphia

Cincinnati

LA Chargers

Thinking this might be another wonky week. Good luck everyone

Old 11-04-2023, 07:28 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Making the Thursday pick now. Back with the rest later on...

Week 9

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
===========================

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh Already won...

Minnesota @ Atlanta

Arizona @ Cleveland

LA Rams @ Green Bay

Washington @ New England

Chicago @ New Orleans

Seattle @ Baltimore

Tampa Bay @ Houston

Indianapolis @ Carolina

NY Giants @ Las Vegas

Dallas @ Philadelphia

Buffalo @ Cincinnati

LA Chargers @ NY Jets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football