Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,939,338 times

Advertisements

Have I signed into this thread yet? If not... my bad! Steeler fan here! Woot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM

910 posts, read 2,987,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
O.K. tough game. Typical of this rivalry over the past several years. Squeelers got some calls they didn't deserve, but the mistakes WE made really cost us the game. The weather affected both teams to a degree.

Field Goal before the half was the way to go, but we used the clock terribly. DA should be smart enough not to throw that pass. Made me holler for BQ for the first time.

I truly believe these two teams are VERY close to even. We're in a hole but there are 14 games left. A long way to go. Lots of things can happen. Ben is hurting, that is obvious. Without him Pittsburgh is done. Can he hold out all year? We'll see.

Props to Pittsburgh for the win. It was hard faught. I guarantee lots of guys on both sides are in the sauna tonight.

Lots more football to go. We'll see you in Pittsburgh.

Doug
Yeah the browns made mistakes on offense. Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards look nothing like they did last year, same for Joshua Cribbs, Kellen Winslow, and Jamal Lewis. They made major improvements on deffense ive got to admit, with "Big Baby" especially, they needed help on the deffensive line and i think they solved those problems. But the Conditions for the game were horrible, with the strong wind and rain. You have to give both teams some credit for playing good deffense atleast.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
OK...this is complete BS--my electric keeps going on/off! Great TD Hines Ward ...WOO HOO!!!

Here we go STEELERS, here we go!!!!

Hines Ward is AWESOME!! I chose my football number to be 86 just like him! lol. GREAT slot reciever. i was dissapointed in some dropped passes that he should of caught.. wouldnt you agree?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 AM

hey sorry guys i don't come on here and support the steelers. i have no time on my hands at all. school, football, and now i have a power outage from the leftovers from hurricane ike. ill be on as much as i can.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Hines Ward is AWESOME!! I chose my football number to be 86 just like him! lol. GREAT slot reciever. i was dissapointed in some dropped passes that he should of caught.. wouldnt you agree?
Yeah, I was shocked that he didn't catch some of those passes. I blame it on the wind/rain.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 AM

yeah me to

Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,554 times
Steelers are the best.... We are not fare weather fans what so ever! My hub is from PA and I think he even bleeds black and gold
We have routines game days that we follow every season. Our fire hydrant is painted B&G and has the steelers emblem on top. Our game room is Gold with black trim and just covered with the STEELERS. Here we go Steelers here we go!!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,808,033 times
Black and Gold fire plug! This on E. Carson St. in the city of Pittsburgh's South Side neighborhood. Can't wait for the Philly game, love the interstate game. I still wish they both would have made it to the Superbowl a few years ago when they were both in the Division Championship games.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
Someone needs to repaint it! Brighten it up and make it look nice for the football season!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:04 PM

15,154 posts, read 27,838,153 times
Checking in - Steelers fan here . I rode on the Metro (subway to those not in the area) - someone wearing a Phillies shirt sat next to me!!!!! I told him we'd be duking it out next week...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football