Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Good Joke for all Steeler fans.....

Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Tom," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with BLACK & GOLD sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous STEELERS logo flag, and in every window, a TERRIBLE towel. Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even won a few Super Bowls." God said "So what's your point, Tom?" "Well, why does Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said: "Tom, that's not Roethlisberger's house.... It's Mine."

LOL, I loved it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM

18,242 posts, read 25,899,930 times
Will make the Pittsburgh Steelers team thread a "sticky" until a couple days after the Super Bowl.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,784,179 times
Yes! We are so great that our thread is listed at the top!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM

7,601 posts, read 6,103,045 times
GO STEELERS

There is never a SURE THING in Sports but as hot as the Packers are, the Steelers are calm, cool, focused adn they know how to win in the big game

Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
The packers are favored to beat the steelers by 2 1/2 points in SB 45.

Whats your take on this ?

Last edited by steel7; 01-25-2011 at 08:16 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The pats are favored to beat the steelers by 2 1/2 points in SB 45.

I think it will change the closer it gets to game day. That is just Vegas trying to make money early on! However, I like us being the underdogs! The Steelers always seem to do better in that role!

Thanks Double H for making us a sticky!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:00 PM

15,152 posts, read 27,838,153 times
Quote:
The pats are favored to beat the steelers by 2 1/2 points in SB 45.

Just trying to correct your "typo?" - Pats aren't playing....

Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I think it will change the closer it gets to game day. That is just Vegas trying to make money early on! However, I like us being the underdogs! The Steelers always seem to do better in that role!

Thanks Double H for making us a sticky!!!
Keep this tradition GOING. It's been three years straight, now.

Ever since we started the whole "Official NFL Threads" idea, it just seems to gel, doesn't it?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,300,843 times
Quote:
The packers are favored to beat the steelers by 2 1/2 points in SB 45.

As supposedly hot as the Packers are, their 3 meetings with the Bears this season (where the Packer offense averaged just under 14 points per game) illustrates what happens when they go up against a first-rate defense. And unlike the Bears, the Steelers have an O-line that didn't leave their quarterback for dead all season which eventually rendered him ineffective when it really mattered. I still haven't decided who I'm pulling for but I think this is the Steelers' game to lose.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,471,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
As supposedly hot as the Packers are, their 3 meetings with the Bears this season (where the Packer offense averaged just under 14 points per game) illustrates what happens when they go up against a first-rate defense. And unlike the Bears, the Steelers have an O-line that didn't leave their quarterback for dead all season which eventually rendered him ineffective when it really mattered. I still haven't decided who I'm pulling for but I think this is the Steelers' game to lose.
I like our chances, but the more reading I do the more worried I get. The Steelers D does not play well against a team that spreads them out - look at what happened vs. New England & New Oreleans this year. If we can't put pressure on Rodgers and he gets hot it could be trouble.

Pack have a very strong secondary, So the O will probably focus on the ground game. But if the Pack jump out ahead early and Ben is forced to go to the air, again, I see trouble.

Both teams have match up challenges to overcome, its going to be interesting to watch the coaching chess match between the staffs, and I think its going to be a great game. I think it will be a white knuckle affair for both sets of fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football