Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Sad night for the Steelers. Poor Ben looks like he's done!

They will be back.
Maybe let Batch or dixon start the next game and use Ben as a backup. You could tell he was hurting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Tomlin should be fired. Why the hell is Ben still out there? There is not one possible explanation for this.
The problem is that he wanted the win so much he risked Ben's health. Cowher would never do that and that's why he should be our coach. So we used a banged up Ben and possibly hurt him more and we lost anyway. We could have used a backup, had him rest, and potentially healed. Stupid move by tomlin .

Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Man it ain't like they had Kyle Boller as the backup. Charlie Batch is no slouch and if that aint work Dennis Dixon has some skills.
Have to disagree; Batch is DONE. He had a good career, but he's washed up now. As for Dixon, he's not a legitimate NFL qb; good runner, lousy passer. Steelers need a definite upgrade in backup qb position, especially with Roethlisberger continuing to take a beating behind that woeful offensive line.

Last edited by hornet67; 12-20-2011 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
They should have forced Ben to sit this one out and get healthy. Do they really have that little faith in Batch? Dixon? Why even have backup QB's if that's the case. This could turn into a lingering injury now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Tomlin isn't very bright. He blew the clock in the first half and now leaving Ben R in in a blowout?
Quote:
Tomlin should be fired. Why the hell is Ben still out there? There is not one possible explanation for this.
It's both their faults. Ben insisted on playing when he clearly was not healed from the ankle sprain. And Tomlin--what a stupid call as head coach. He should have pulled him out! He should have never let him play!

Bad decisions all the way around.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
I put zero blaim on Ben. This is 100% a coaching decision. You can't expect super competitive players (and ones that have played through injury before) to make that call. You expect a coach to be level headed and make the best decision for the team and player.

But the absolute worst is putting him in on the last series. I don't care how confident you are. They were down by 17 points with 2 minutes to go deep in their own end. Not one person on the sidelines could honestly have any hope of winning. It was all risk and zero reward.

They should sit Ben the last two games at this point. They have zero chances in the playoffs with a hobbled QB.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:51 PM

And a big FU to the offensive line in the second half. They should give back their paychecks. That was horrible.

And Alex Smith has been sacked 18 times in the last three games. Zero last night. What is the explanation for that?

OK. Rant over. Now just get healthy and kick arse in the playoffs.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I put zero blaim on Ben. This is 100% a coaching decision. You can't expect super competitive players (and ones that have played through injury before) to make that call. You expect a coach to be level headed and make the best decision for the team and player.

But the absolute worst is putting him in on the last series. I don't care how confident you are. They were down by 17 points with 2 minutes to go deep in their own end. Not one person on the sidelines could honestly have any hope of winning. It was all risk and zero reward.

They should sit Ben the last two games at this point. They have zero chances in the playoffs with a hobbled QB.
Wrong!!! Any good player will want to play no matter what!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Wrong!!! Any good player will want to play no matter what!
You may want to read my post again. That is what I said. The player will want to play. That is why this is a coaching failure and why I said I put zero blaim on Ben.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
As much as i hate to admit it i dont see the steelers making it to the afc championship. They are just too damn beat up & tomlin has been making some costly decisions. Ill hope for the best but im just being realistic.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
You may want to read my post again. That is what I said. The player will want to play. That is why this is a coaching failure and why I said I put zero blaim on Ben.
Exactly. Any player worth his weight will want to play and will do anything to convince the staff he can go. That staff has to watch out for the player and hold him out if hurt even if said player doesn't like it. Any idiot could see Ben had business in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football