Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,183,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
3 seconds left in the game & i agree with you but a 67 yard field goal is stretching it + a run back would of been possible had he missed it. Pitts looked like crap at the end of the game just like they did in the SB.
Did you see how far these guys were kicking the ball? It was worth trying for sure...a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,185,854 times
I have no problem with no FG attempt at the end of the game. Of course it shouldn't have come down to that. They were in position to actually have a shot at a decent attempt. And then they blew it. The game was there for the taking after that horrendous 2nd quarter and they just couldn't get it done.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
Quote:
3 seconds left in the game & i agree with you but a 67 yard field goal is stretching it + a run back would of been possible had he missed it. Pitts looked like crap at the end of the game just like they did in the SB.
Was it really that many yards....I didn't think it was.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 PM

24,447 posts, read 23,117,922 times
Those are the breaks. Sometimes other teams injuries and bad luck help you in the playoffs, sometimes your injuries and bad luck help the other team. The Steelers have had more than their share of good luck so they can't be too disappointed.
Good game, Tebow and Roethlesberger played well.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
You cant say pitts didnt have a chance at winning the game. A field goal atempt should of been tried. Im pulling for denver to win next week in new england even though it wont most likely happen. Denver played a good & surprising game today. Tebow blew one of the best defenses in the nfl away. I give the holy roller props for that. Giving someone credit where credit is due is only fair. The field goal attempt would of been 67 yards. His range is maybe a max of 55 yards.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,552,102 times
Are y'all breathing yet? That one play overtime was just stunning, wasn't it?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM

18,056 posts, read 27,510,336 times
Thx for the props. I and most of the media world was not so sure Tebow had another good game left in him... much less against a team that is about as dangerous in the playoffs and any out there.

It WAS a good game by Ben and Tebow. Overtime game. The rest of the games this weekend went for 22+ points and this one came down to the first play in OT.

Even had the Broncos lost this game... which as you say, they were a field goal kick away from a loss... I think the Pittsburgh Steelers and the rest of the league would have seen what the Broncos can do when they play well.

Throw out those three losses against the Pats, Bills, and Chiefs and let's see what the Broncos can do. Pats, Ravens/Houston, then the winner of the NFC... looks insurmountable but you gotta give it your best shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous repper quote
Had ben not had his injury the outcome surely would of been diff. Dropped passes didnt help pitts plus the final 3 mins of the game was terrible just like in the SB vs the packers.
Oh yeah. The shoulda-coulda-wouldas. Welcome back to earth. Had Ben's backward lateral not been called an incomplete "pass", the Broncos would have won by 21 and the game would have been as boring as the other three wildcard games this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Give me a break. Every play Harrison does is cheap,right? If he goes high it's no good. Low=no good. I guess all the Denver receivers who were holding is okay because the refs didn't call it,right? I guess that means that I should be saying Denver only won because of all the injuries,right? Pull your head out dog.
No. Hitting a receiver at or below the knee is not nice. That might be how Ben got his stick busted... like Decker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Well, I guess the comeback wasn't really worth it. Players should be giving back paychecks after this game.
Waa. Not like Denver didn't earn anything in the win. Oh, and btw, the ball was on the 49, so the field goal would have been a 66 yarder... and very easy to block.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-08-2012 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 06:39 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,183,273 times
Quote:
You cant say pitts didnt have a chance at winning the game. A field goal atempt should of been tried. Im pulling for denver to win next week in new england even though it wont most likely happen. Denver played a good & surprising game today. Tebow blew one of the best defenses in the nfl away. I give the holy roller props for that. Giving someone credit where credit is due is only fair. The field goal attempt would of been 67 yards. His range is maybe a max of 55 yards.
Well, if that was one of the best defenses in the NFL I'd hate to see the worst. That was A TERRIBLE defensive game by Pittsburgh.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,160,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Who is that? Harrison? Nice cheap shot on Decker. Injured him too.

Oh Tebow touchdown. There ya go.
Give me a break. Every play Harrison does is cheap,right? If he goes high it's no good. Low=no good. I guess all the Denver receivers who were holding is okay because the refs didn't call it,right? I guess that means that I should be saying Denver only won because of all the injuries,right? Pull your head out dog. Your team definitely didn't play a totally clean game, so don't point any fingers. I saw at least a dozen plays where your OL and receivers held but no call. Just be happy you get to play again next week. Tebow looked much better today.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
Pittsburghs defense today played terrible but they were ranked as one of the best in the nfl. Tebow executed a good 2nd, 3rd & 4th qtr. I just dont want to hear that god helped him play good today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football