Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM

14 posts, read 23,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Great job Steelers! Nothing I like more than seeing Tony Homo in the dirt and a pi$$ed off T.O. and Jerry Jones!!

Tony Homo. LMAO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 03:14 PM

910 posts, read 2,987,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
T.O. never played for the Ravens.

(but yes, he's an arse)

Yes TO has played for the Ravens for a short while.

I got your back Texasgirl

Old 12-13-2008, 04:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
Default Steelers VS Ravens

Tomorrow afternoon the pittsbugh steelers play the baltimore ravens in baltimore.Its gonna be a good & VERY important game.Pitts leads the afc north by 1 game (10-3) & balt is in 2nd place @ (9-4).The steelers defense ranks #1 in the nfl but the offense just isnt that productive.Ben needs to release the ball sooner & the offensive line needs to protect their QB better.

If the steelers win tomorrow they will clinch the afc north division cause they will have beaten balt twice.Even if the steelers lost their last 2 games & balt wins theirs last 2 games & they both end up at 11-5,the steelers clinch the afc north.Pittsburgh plays at tenn a week from sun & they finish the regular season with a home game vs cleveland.GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Ben needs to release the ball sooner & the offensive line needs to protect their QB better.
This IS the KEY to winning tomorrow's game. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,949,542 times
Good luck Steelers.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 AM

518 posts, read 2,534,028 times
refs gave steelers the game. ref blew the call, saying that both feet were down in the endzone with possession, he just didn't notice that the ball was not in the endzone. The ball has to cross the plane of the goal, which it clearly did not do. So even if he had 2 feet down in the endzone, the ball was not in, so no touchdown.
Earlier in the game with the first down review, Kerry Davis clearly did not get to the 30, yet he was given the ball there for a first down.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 AM

8,987 posts, read 17,323,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar10 View Post
refs gave steelers the game. ref blew the call, saying that both feet were down in the endzone with possession, he just didn't notice that the ball was not in the endzone. The ball has to cross the plane of the goal, which it clearly did not do. So even if he had 2 feet down in the endzone, the ball was not in, so no touchdown.
It may be different for catches; but to me it looked like the ball crossed the plane. The whole ball doesn't have to cross, just part. Even if it just the nose scraping over the chalk. It looked to me as though the side of the ball barely crossed the chalk. The reciever had both feet in and the ball broke the plane, so it looked like a touchdown to me.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 AM

34,257 posts, read 18,631,541 times
The replay needs to be conclusive to overturn the call on the field. I think this was SO close that it wasn't conclusive. I think it was a bad call. No dog in this fight, I'm an Iggles fan.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 AM

8,987 posts, read 17,323,446 times
I have no dog in the fight either. However, to me, the ball clearly breaks the plane. CBS had a great angle right on the goal line, and from that angle, the ball barely does break the plane. So in that situation, two feet down and ball breaking the plane, it was clearly a touchdown. The fact that it barely was does not mean it wasn't. It was pretty clearly a touchdown IMO.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,382,091 times
I immediately questioned the "TD". It appeared that the football did not cross the plane to me. I'm glad the Steelers won, but I don't believe it was a TD. I think Baltimore was right in challenging it. Yes, Holmes feet were clearly in the end zone, but from what I could tell, the ball wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football