Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 09:29 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
LMFAO what was Cousins Wonderlic score?

NFL Draft 2012: Did Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III Score Better on Wonderlic? | Bleacher Report

Boneheaded plays are a part of the game.. See DeSean Jackson's 'punt return' against Dallas. Desean Watson of Clemson had a similar play.. Spiked the ball on 4th down against Notre Dame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 10:10 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Dave,
Quarterback throws for 365 yards & 4 touchdowns, with no interceptions on the road last night, and combines for 5 touchdowns the previous week.. but you don't believe he is the reason 'the team wins'..

What is your threshold for a quarterback qualifying as the reason behind a win.. Will Cousins have to put up 500 yards & 6 TDs every game before he is credited with their success.. Honestly, who (or is it whom ? ) on the team is more directly responsible for their winning right now (?)
peace

You totally missed my point. I absolutely believe he has been the reason the team has won. I was trying to distinguish the difference between what I thought his top end was going to be, a QB good enough to keep as the starter, and what he has become, a QB who is the reason his team wins. As I said if he keeps playing like this he will be the reason the team wins.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:36 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,465,766 times
I've started this post over, I don't know, how many times. So, I'm just going to say this. Cousins is the best quarterback the Redskins have had in years. It's so much fun watching him play. Mike Shanahan is looking like a genius right now. So is Jay Gruden for that matter.

Scot McCloughan has far exceeded my expectations, and I had high expectations when he became GM. There is a true culture change in Washington. Just think, if the Redskins ever get a running game going again - oh my word, think of the possibilities!

Old 12-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I've started this post over, I don't know, how many times. So, I'm just going to say this. Cousins is the best quarterback the Redskins have had in years. It's so much fun watching him play. Mike Shanahan is looking like a genius right now. So is Jay Gruden for that matter.

Scot McCloughan has far exceeded my expectations, and I had high expectations when he became GM. There is a true culture change in Washington. Just think, if the Redskins ever get a running game going again - oh my word, think of the possibilities!
Well.. Think of how you felt in 2012 with RG3. But.. I agree. So long as we don't see regression, which I don't think we will.. The sophomore slump is real with pro QBs. Mainly because other teams get a playbook on them.. But.. I don't think we'll see that with Kirk because.. Well, it'll really be his 5th year.

What we've had with both RG3 and Kirk are QBs with an arm.. Something we really haven't had since Schroeder. Who did have a hell of an arm, but... RG3's problem is that he can't play in the pocket.

Now.. The question will be.. What do they do for a backup next year? Pretty sure McCoy is on a 1 year contract.. There will be teams interested in him during the offseason. I think he'd be decent to keep as a backup, but I don't think it happens. Indy will be looking for a solid backup, I'll bet that Baltimore invests in a good backup.. Broncos will be looking for a veteran backup. Dallas, most likely.

The good news is.. Cousins isn't the type of QB whose play gets him injured.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:15 AM

Yeah I gotta give the nob to Griffin's 2012 season over Kirk in 2015. But that does not change the feeling I have that Kirk will have staying power, obviously never felt that way with Griffin in 2012.

So happy to see the team open up the playbook. Opening up does not mean throwing it downtown every series. What they are doing now is exactly what I was calling for early in the year, more 10-20 yard passes. They have proven to be able to that very well, coaches are finally trusting their QB enough to call them.

As for the playoff matchups it works like this: if Arizona beats Seattle we play the loser of Minnesota at Green Bay. If Seattle wins we get them if Minnesota loses to Green Bay.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Kirk ****ing Cousins. Holy cow, man. That guy has been clutch city the last three weeks.

I'm tired of all the talk about how bad the east is. As if every division in football doesn't have ups and downs over the years. Didn't the 7-9 Seahawks host a playoff game 6-7 years ago?

The fact is this: earlier this month, there was a 3-way tie for 1st play in the NFC East. The Redskins knew that, if their next 3 games, they would be NFC east. champs. And they went out and did that. 3 wins in a row and now they're on top. As bad as the division is, people have no right to try and take away from the run the Skins went on this month. They've put themselves in a position where their week 17 game is meaningless.

HTTR

Old 12-28-2015, 10:46 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
By the way - congrats Skins fans for winning the east.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I'm tired of all the talk about how bad the east is. As if every division in football doesn't have ups and downs over the years. Didn't the 7-9 Seahawks host a playoff game 6-7 years ago?

The fact is this: earlier this month, there was a 3-way tie for 1st play in the NFC East. The Redskins knew that, if their next 3 games, they would be NFC east. champs. And they went out and did that. 3 wins in a row and now they're on top. As bad as the division is, people have no right to try and take away from the run the Skins went on this month. They've put themselves in a position where their week 17 game is meaningless.

HTTR
Totally agree. Not sure why Caroline Knight needed to stop by to deliver the backhanded compliment. I don't see Texans fans feeling guilty about winning a division that includes 2 of the worst teams in the league in Jacksonville and Tennessee.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Totally agree. Not sure why Caroline Knight needed to stop by to deliver the backhanded compliment. I don't see Texans fans feeling guilty about winning a division that includes 2 of the worst teams in the league in Jacksonville and Tennessee.
Never feel bad about winning the division.. but.. Be realistic as well.. The old Don and Mike "Goin' to the Bowwwwwwl" thing comes to mind.

I do think a trip to the Divisional playoffs is a good chance. Right now, I think they could beat Minnesota or Green Bay at home and have a shot at beating Seattle.

Arizona.. Really looks like the NFC team to beat, to me. That one.. I don't see a whole lot of hope in..

Carolina.. I think would be different than the outcome from earlier in the year. Not a great chance of winning, but better than Arizona.

The only Super Bowl path that I can see would be

1) Arizona
2) Carolina
3) Minnesota/Green Bay
4) Washington
5) Green Bay/Minnesota
6) Seattle

Washington beats GB/MN, Seattle beats MN/GB.

Seattle knocks off AZ, Washington beats Carolina

Home game against Seattle for the NFC Championship. and.. That's one hell of a long shot.

It would lead to some excitement on my $20 Vegas bet back in July that the Redskins would win the Super Bowl.. $1680 payout on that $20 bet, if I remember correctly.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:03 AM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You can find negative scouting reports on Peyton Manning too. That proves nothing. One was drafted #2 overall, the other in the 4th round. Clearly Griffin was the better prospect, that's not even up for debate. But it's all water under the bridge.
Find me a scouting report that says Peyton Manning had no pocket presence or vision. That's what scouts were saying about Griffin.

I'm not questioning whether Griffin was considered the better player coming out of college. My point was that there was apparently a lot of bad tape on him that people ignored. And it turns out that the scouting reports were dead on because he doesn't have pocket presence or field vision.

FWIW, the scouting reports were also right about Manning. He does throw wobbly ducks. He is slow and relatively unathletic. Fortunately for him, you can be a HOF quarterback without a rocket arm and a 4.15 time in the 40. I'm hard-pressed to think of any HOF Quarterbacks who don't have pocket feel and vision, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football