Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 05:22 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
obviously, you're oblivious to Dallas Cowboys Football, and I never said Wade was a genius. but, i will say that he's run one of the Top 5 Defenses in NFL since he started with the Cowboys.

look, Barbie Carpenter wasn't even active the first regular season game of the season in which he was drafted...couldn't even get a special teams role. He played LB in College, and he played LB in for the Cowboys...it's not like they had him playing DB or DL...don't give me that trash about making him to something he wasn't!

"finesse" Linebacker? meh...no thanks.

edit

3-4 Inside or Outside linebacker = 100% different than 4-3 ILB or OLB.... completely different responsibilities. If you think a LB is a LB is a LB then you my friend are the lost one.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 05-18-2010 at 08:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,417,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
You are obviously oblivious to football in general.

3-4 Inside or Outside linebacker = 100% different than 4-3 ILB or OLB.... completely different responsibilities. If you think a LB is a LB is a LB then you my friend are the lost one.
edit..i never said a LB is a LB, i just stated he played LB in college...and yeah, there's a difference between 3-4 and 4-3, but the fact is, Bobbie was given plenty of oppurtunities, and failed miserably...others have made the switch just fine, don't have time to give examples, but it's been done...at the very least he could have been mediocre.

i'm just saying, Bobbie was a bust here in Dallas...if him and his Buckeye nuthuggers want to place blame on the Cowboys or Wade Phillips, it's a sign for what's to come in his future...wish him the best though!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 05-18-2010 at 08:48 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM

146 posts, read 399,470 times
We're better than we were last year, and that's definitely a reason to be optimistic! We beat Philly three times last year, and now they don't even have McNabb, The East is ours!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM

859 posts, read 2,120,704 times
Sorry, I haven't read thru this entire thread but if it has already been said sorry, but can roy williams just shut his trap!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Sorry, I haven't read thru this entire thread but if it has already been said sorry, but can roy williams just shut his trap!
He has so far....

Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM

146 posts, read 399,470 times
Patrick Crayton is more talented than Roy Williams, Crayton is a real asset to the team.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
i hope it's possible for him to do so...at least until he puts together a couple of above average seasons! i think his days are definitely numbered with the drafting of Dez...it's time to put up or shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
Patrick Crayton is more talented than Roy Williams, Crayton is a real asset to the team.
while i agree that Crayton has been a better assett than Roy Williams, it's still not saying much...besides, Crayton seems to be on the way out, not participating in Voluntary Off season Practice. He'll be traded by the start of the season...look for Ogletree to take that slot spot!

Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,034,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
I agree, I wish we could have kept Crayton and dumped Roy! Unless Roy improves significantly, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are going to make him look like a starting junior high receiver out there...LOL.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM

27 posts, read 103,921 times
Cowboys are not America's team. Down here in texas our favorite football team is the texas longhorns.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen281713832 View Post
Dallas Cowboys are America's team. Down here in texas our least favorite football team is the texas longhorns

since you're kind of new, i figured i'de help you out a little!

go Red Raiders!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football