Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 09:58 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,221,476 times

Advertisements

Romo makes Tebow look like Aaron Rodgers.

I'm always glad to see Jerry Jones lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 PM

20,534 posts, read 33,662,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Romo makes Tebow look like Aaron Rodgers.
Explain. Because this loss was on the oline and the entire defense. Newman should pack his bags.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:29 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,578,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Explain. Because this loss was on the oline and the entire defense. Newman should pack his bags.
So should Rob Ryan. I swear, if I were Jerry Jones, Ryan would be fired on the plane home. He can go back to wherever the Ryan brothers came from and they can do what they do best...trash talk.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM

20,534 posts, read 33,662,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So should Rob Ryan. I swear, if I were Jerry Jones, Ryan would be fired on the plane home. He can go back to wherever the Ryan brothers came from and they can do what they do best...trash talk.
Wouldn't mind it one bit. If Bowles, Nolan, Spags, or Capers become available, tell Ryan to take a hike. I hope somebody asks Rob to become the head coach for them. He and Campo sucks.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,347,106 times
I agree that Rob Ryan didn't exactly back up his trash talk with results, but really, it's the same result as it has been with every coach since the departure of Jimmy Johnson, the last real coach the Cowboys had, and who was incidentally the one guy who had the ******* to stand up to JJ. But JJ couldn't handle that so he sent Jimmy packing. Yet 17 years later...the results speak for themselves.

My point here is, maybe the team would really be better off if Jerry would just agree to spend two or three years in Tahiti. Hire a real GM with real football knowledge and real decision-making capabilities, and maybe their star-studded roster will take the coaching staff more seriously. But every player on that team knows that the real coach is the guy in the luxury suite. It's just human nature: you're not going to be on the same page with the coach all the time, and nothing is going to compel players to work within the team concept if they know that they don't really answer to coach. If they're lucky they kinda, sorta like and respect for him to play for a year like they did with Wade Philips. But it'll eventually fall apart, as it has the last 17 years, and as it will for another 17 years until Jones takes a hike.

Face it Cowboys fans: a first round playoff win is going to be about all we have to look forward to. That's what we can call a 'successful' season from this point forward. That's the benchmark. That's the only thing Dallas has accomplished since 1995 (really since 1993, since that last SB team was running on autopilot). So sure, point the finger at the coaches, but the players just don't perform. They don't perform because they know on some level, it's okay if they don't. If they're cool with JJ, then it doesn't matter if they're cool with coach. So they don't get the results they need.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,133,998 times
Once again the Cowboys seem to need to blow the organization up.

First of all------Jerry Jones needs to stay away from daily decision making and stop creating confusion and turmoil.

Hire a good solid coach with experience and let him run the show-----he needs not to interfere like he did with JJ and Parcells.

I have a difficult time envisioning a Cowboy return to glory until Mr. Jones relinqueshes his unofficial General Manager role.

The truly great owners have the confidence in their head coaches and GMS-----it is my opinion that his constant involvment in day to day football operations is scaring away potential top notch coaching candidates.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,004,391 times
Being the GM is a perk of ownership. Need some lineman.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times
Default Week 17

This week's result: Cowboys lose to Giants 31-14

2011 Regular Season record: (8-8)
No Playoffs

Good news: Romo played better.
Bad news: .... everyone else didn't.

Although the 'Boys were picked to go 8-8 or 9-7 by realistic fans, I'd call this season a failure since we had SEVERAL chances for at least a playoff spot.

Oh well, time for the two words I'm getting sick and tired of saying and hearing: NEXT YEAR.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM

592 posts, read 1,381,903 times
Need help in the secondary, O-line, and a new QB. Romo is a joke. Certainly better than Quincy Carter or Gary Hogeboom but he is no Danny White who at least took the Cowboys to the NFC championship game. I love the Cowboys but hate to watch that mediocre secondary. I've seen better high school secondaries in Texas.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx homeboy View Post
....and a new qb. Romo is a joke.....
least of their issues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football