Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 11:23 PM

20,534 posts, read 33,662,562 times

Advertisements

As long as Jerry Jones stays as GM, nothing will change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:11 AM

6,799 posts, read 5,686,776 times
I don't think Romo was clapping because the Saints scored, i think he was clapping to get his offense motivated. Nothing the offense could have done last night, the defense was horrid. I am just about done with the Monte Kiffen experiment. He can leave now if you ask me.. let Marinella lead the defense for the remainder of the year...

Garrett did not look good towards the end of the game. The noose is tightening around his neck. He talks a good game but his teams just don't deliver...

Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times
This week's result: Cowboys lose to the Saints: 49-17

2013 Regular Season Record: (5-5)

The offense just ran past our defense, I know. But I believe ALL those guys really wanted to win this for Rob Ryan. A much, much, muuuuuuch needed week off is coming, so that's the only good thing about this.

Up next: BYE, then @ New York (Giants).

Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM

6,799 posts, read 5,686,776 times
This team is right on the edge of quitting. You could see it last night. With a week off I am sure Garrett will have them mentally ready in 2 weeks. It will be a good test for Garrett to see how he can get this team back to playing at least decent football.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 AM

45,807 posts, read 27,444,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
As long as Jerry Jones stays as GM, nothing will change.
As an Eagles fan I want JJ to keep doing what he is doing.

You might find this interesting... or nauseating...

Jones has second thoughts on Ryan firing

Jerry Jones admitted he's had second thoughts about the Dallas Cowboys' decision to change defensive coordinators this offseason.

The Saints defense, run by fired Cowboys coordinator Rob Ryan, was dominant, holding the Cowboys to 193 total yards. The Cowboys defense, coordinated by Monte Kiffin, allowed more than 600 yards for the second time in three weeks.

"We thought it was best for us to go in the direction that we are, and it doesn't look good right now," Jones said. "Hopefully we can make it look good, but I have all the feelings that you have when you want to look back at a decision, and I realize when some of them work you have to have a few things go along with it.

"Candidly, we're having some of the same things that Rob had last year. Frankly, to be fair to Rob, he lost a lot of guys on defense. We lost more this year. That's the game, though. That's what we play. That's the NFL."

Unbelievable - I can understand feeling this way, but I don't think you ever admit it publicly. Now if there is any doubt, we KNOW he doesn't know what he is doing.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As an Eagles fan I want JJ to keep doing what he is doing.

You might find this interesting... or nauseating...

Jones has second thoughts on Ryan firing

Jerry Jones admitted he's had second thoughts about the Dallas Cowboys' decision to change defensive coordinators this offseason.

The Saints defense, run by fired Cowboys coordinator Rob Ryan, was dominant, holding the Cowboys to 193 total yards. The Cowboys defense, coordinated by Monte Kiffin, allowed more than 600 yards for the second time in three weeks.

"We thought it was best for us to go in the direction that we are, and it doesn't look good right now," Jones said. "Hopefully we can make it look good, but I have all the feelings that you have when you want to look back at a decision, and I realize when some of them work you have to have a few things go along with it.

"Candidly, we're having some of the same things that Rob had last year. Frankly, to be fair to Rob, he lost a lot of guys on defense. We lost more this year. That's the game, though. That's what we play. That's the NFL."

Unbelievable - I can understand feeling this way, but I don't think you ever admit it publicly. Now if there is any doubt, we KNOW he doesn't know what he is doing.
OOF COURSE he would have second thoughts right after that beating...

Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,347,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
This team is right on the edge of quitting. You could see it last night. With a week off I am sure Garrett will have them mentally ready in 2 weeks. It will be a good test for Garrett to see how he can get this team back to playing at least decent football.
I like Jason Garrett, and I get the feeling that on another team, he'd probably be capable of getting better results. But he's clearly falling into the category of another one of JJ's 'Sir, yes, sir," coaches, and I'm getting so fed up with it as a fan. It's just hard to take the Cowboys product seriously. It's one thing to go through a period of management transitions and decisions that just don't work out. What's happening with Dallas is completely a different story. It's a team that actually gets good talent, and it frequently also brings in good coaches. There's no reason Dallas shouldn't have played in at least one Super Bowl over the past five or six years, and one could easily argue that they've had the talent to play in more than just one. Their problem is that Jerry Jones wants to get credit for being a string puller and behind the scenes coach. The one guy who actually had the balls to tell him that he sucks at coaching, he fired...but not before winning two Super Bowls and putting them in a great position to win yet another after his departure.

And even when Jerry Jones knows he's wrong, he still refuses to step aside and let someone else actually run the team. When will the guy learn? Maybe Cowboys fans should stop paying money to fill his beloved stadium. Of course then he'd probably threaten to take the team to L.A.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,347,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Exactly. What does this tell the entire coaching staff that he has now? It's extremely disrespectful to the current coaching staff, particularly when they had some pretty bad injuries already. Jones might be right, but to admit it publicly is just classless.

He's becoming the Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) of professional football.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,247,343 times
Not sure why Romo was in that last series. He pretty much just dropped back and sacked himself. There is nothing wrong with put your back-ups in at that point.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I like Jason Garrett, and I get the feeling that on another team, he'd probably be capable of getting better results. But he's clearly falling into the category of another one of JJ's 'Sir, yes, sir," coaches, and I'm getting so fed up with it as a fan. It's just hard to take the Cowboys product seriously. It's one thing to go through a period of management transitions and decisions that just don't work out. What's happening with Dallas is completely a different story. It's a team that actually gets good talent, and it frequently also brings in good coaches. There's no reason Dallas shouldn't have played in at least one Super Bowl over the past five or six years, and one could easily argue that they've had the talent to play in more than just one. Their problem is that Jerry Jones wants to get credit for being a string puller and behind the scenes coach. The one guy who actually had the balls to tell him that he sucks at coaching, he fired...but not before winning two Super Bowls and putting them in a great position to win yet another after his departure.

And even when Jerry Jones knows he's wrong, he still refuses to step aside and let someone else actually run the team. When will the guy learn? Maybe Cowboys fans should stop paying money to fill his beloved stadium. Of course then he'd probably threaten to take the team to L.A.
Reps to you! I agree! Talent has never been the issue. It's the organization of the team, which is led my an ego-maniacal owner who thinks he can coach as well as any coach in the league. It's a recipe for disaster and that's why we're seeing the on-going train wreck that the Cowboys have become. IMO, Jerry will never learn. As a Cowboys fan, it is certainly painful to watch because most of us know that the Cowboys could be so much better if Mr. Jones wasn't the meddling owner that he is.

As far as this week's game goes, when a team gives up over 600 yards it's fairly difficult to have a chance to win the game...lol. I know the Cowboys have had a lot of injuries on defense but that's just awful! When Ryan was with the Cowboys they had a lot of defensive injuries as well but they were at least competetive on defense in most of the games despite those injuries. I was hopeful that the changes with Kiffin would make a difference but it sure doesn't look like it's going to work out. However, I certainly agree that Jerry shouldn't have commented on that issue publicly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football