Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 08:53 AM

1,281 posts, read 781,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Exactly, it's called the playoffs and you will face the best of the best. That's the entire point. LOL. I see each of these teams giving the Cowboys hell for different reasons. The Cowboys have been a great road team over the last 2 of 3 seasons, HOWEVER, with Dak being a rookie and the way he played last night, I'll take home field throughout the playoffs. I just can't see him going on the road and beating any of your listed teams, but can see him winning any of those playing at home this season.

Crazy as it might seem, Id take the Giants at home from that list. I know we lost twice, but the Giants struggled both times offensively and we could have, maybe even should have won both games. I think Atlanta would give us fits with the offensive style, Packers could seemingly beat anyone right now, skins, we could have lost either or both matches against them, and a third win in the same season against the same team is really tough.

That said, it's just in time our defense starts showing up. The pressure on the QB last night was something we haven't seen for a few years and it might be showing up just in the nick of time.

Now have to hope the eagles beat the giants on Thursday night because that will clinch the division. But I doubt if the eagles win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 08:58 AM

3,271 posts, read 5,657,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Nice win for Dallas ..congrats.

Also a special shout out to the Tampa defensive coordinator. The Giants and Vikings showed him the blueprint of PUTTING pressure on Prescott. He chose to rush 4, get little pressure and let him pick apart his weak ass zone coverage underneath all night. Well done..
Such a nice win you posted it twice

The Bucs did the inside LB A gap blitz 4 times I think and was very well managed by the Cows. They sent 5 more than they sent 6 though. I think the Cowboy coaching staffs see the handwriting and are game planning for that rush 6/A gap blitz package.

Since you called out the Buc D , realistically, despite being one of the hotter defenses in the league the last quarter+ of the season they still don't have the defensive line talent of the Vikes or Gnats. To make that A-Gap blitz package work a team needs superior D-line talent IMO.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:04 AM

158 posts, read 74,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

The Bucs did the inside LB A gap blitz 4 times I think and was very well managed by the Cows. They sent 5 more than they sent 6 though. I think the Cowboy coaching staffs see the handwriting and are game planning for that rush 6/A gap blitz package.

Since you called out the Buc D , realistically, despite being one of the hotter defenses in the league the last quarter+ of the season they still don't have the defensive line talent of the Vikes or Gnats. To make that A-Gap blitz package work a team needs superior D-line talent IMO.

Nice post Bob, I was thinking on similar lines....Giants and Vikings have a strong secondary that allows them to run the A Gap Blitz package. The Bucs do not. Just because one team does something successful, if you don't have the personnel, you cant run the same scheme effectively....The Bucs have an undersized D Line and LBs. They rely more on speed than power. the Dallas O Line is a horrible matchup for them. David Irving can be an outright BEAST for the D Line. He literally took over the Tampa Bay and GB games. He is just to inconsistent and will disappear for not only plays, but entire games. Hopefully we can get Lawrence and Clairborne back before the playoffs

Old 12-19-2016, 09:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,136,454 times
Thanks for the win, guys. Tampa loss now means the Skins once again control their own destiny.

I wish Kirk Cousins had your defense

Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 AM

158 posts, read 74,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Thanks for the win, guys. Tampa loss now means the Skins once again control their own destiny.

I wish Kirk Cousins had your defense

No problem Skins, glad to help....Just to let you know, we are pulling for Carolina tonight

Old 12-19-2016, 11:05 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,210,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

Good point on the gap blitzes...they didn't have the talent to pull it off. They also sucked at covering man on man. Giants were able to send 5 /6 and still say with the receivers with an 8 stack and press defense on the corners...

Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,210,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

Crazy as it might seem, Id take the Giants at home from that list.
You may get your wish..one playoff win away for the Giants.

Remember..great defense wins in the playoffs..always has, always will. I'd be more afraid of that , than a good offense.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:24 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,822,374 times
I wonder if Jimmy Jones would pull an Elway in the playoffs. By benching Prescott in favor of Romo. He is the highest paid player on the team. In the playoffs, Cowboys are most likely gonna face the Giants one more time and have to go through Seattle to get into the SB.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM

1,281 posts, read 781,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I wonder if Jimmy Jones would pull an Elway in the playoffs. By benching Prescott in favor of Romo. He is the highest paid player on the team. In the playoffs, Cowboys are most likely gonna face the Giants one more time and have to go through Seattle to get into the SB.
When was the last time a QB was benched and he was winning?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,822,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
When was the last time a QB was benched and he was winning?
Osweiler was winning last year but they felt Manning gives them the best chances in the playoffs. They've inserted Manning back even though he didn't play well the whole season. If you look at Prescott this season, Zeke is the most consistent offensive player. I am thinking that Romo may play in one game maybe for a half or a quarter just to get him prepared if Jones decides to call him into a big game. If they face the Giants again, you see the same matchup you wanna send Prescott out there again for his 3rd Loss against the Giants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football