Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 09:26 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times

Advertisements

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Redskins: 44-16

2019 Final Regular Season Record: (8-8)
2019 Final Division Record: (5-1)

What a waste...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 10:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
like th eold brooklyn dodgers fans used to say, wait till next year.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:02 AM

34,330 posts, read 18,712,523 times
Jerry Jones needs another Face Lift after the Eagles beat the Giants and ended their season. The Cowboys have a lot of talent, but a lot of problems. The main one is THEIR OWNER.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:20 AM

3,271 posts, read 5,657,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Jerry Jones needs another Face Lift after the Eagles beat the Giants and ended their season. The Cowboys have a lot of talent, but a lot of problems. The main one is THEIR OWNER.
Yeah, a facelift should fix everything

Old 12-31-2019, 12:11 PM

45,808 posts, read 27,444,398 times
I would love for Garrett to stay because the ceiling would only be so high... but I don't understand what is taking so long.

NFL Coaching Rumors: Jerry Jones to Meet Jason Garrett Again Tuesday

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is meeting again with head coach Jason Garrett on Tuesday. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two are scheduled to meet at noon CT and while a resolution is "likely," it is "not definite."

"Expectation continues to be Garrett and Dallas will part ways," Schefter notes. "But the Cowboys are run as a family, Garrett has been a part of family, and it’s hard to part ways."

Run as a family? What part of the family would Jimmy Johnson have been?

Jones couldn't wait to fire Johnson, but has a hard time firing Garrett. As an Eagle fan, it's fine with me - stay the course.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:28 PM

3,714 posts, read 2,446,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would love for Garrett to stay because the ceiling would only be so high... but I don't understand what is taking so long.

NFL Coaching Rumors: Jerry Jones to Meet Jason Garrett Again Tuesday

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is meeting again with head coach Jason Garrett on Tuesday. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two are scheduled to meet at noon CT and while a resolution is "likely," it is "not definite."

"Expectation continues to be Garrett and Dallas will part ways," Schefter notes. "But the Cowboys are run as a family, Garrett has been a part of family, and it’s hard to part ways."

Run as a family? What part of the family would Jimmy Johnson have been?

Jones couldn't wait to fire Johnson, but has a hard time firing Garrett. As an Eagle fan, it's fine with me - stay the course.
Just more BS from Jerruh and he is an AW so dragging it out keeps the press tuned in.

Some say he wants to hang on longer until the Giants name a HC b/c he doesn't want Garrett coaching there.

Who knows.

And yes, Jimmy Johnson built those winning teams. His players.

I think only Snyder is worse than Jones.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:35 AM

45,808 posts, read 27,444,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Just more BS from Jerruh and he is an AW so dragging it out keeps the press tuned in.

Some say he wants to hang on longer until the Giants name a HC b/c he doesn't want Garrett coaching there.

Who knows.

And yes, Jimmy Johnson built those winning teams. His players.

I think only Snyder is worse than Jones.
Yeah - I heard that, but who would hire Garrett as a coach right now? Maybe an Off Coord at best... It's like JJ is protecting some sort of proprietary secret.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:07 PM

3,714 posts, read 2,446,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah - I heard that, but who would hire Garrett as a coach right now? Maybe an Off Coord at best... It's like JJ is protecting some sort of proprietary secret.
Fair point.

Garrett is starting to seem like a puppet on strings waiting for the master's decision.

What a stupid game by Jones.

He's going to can him.

Garrett ought to resign first.

The Cowboys will be a mediocre circus act as long as Jerry and his son are in charge.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:48 PM

33,390 posts, read 12,686,947 times
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tt-source-says

According to ESPN's source, the decision has been made to part ways ^^^^^.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:31 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,681,539 times
This constant news stream about is he or isn't he doesn't do any good, why would an organization want indecision???

Florio at PFT has an article about ESPN jumping the gun on parting ways, online sites only ones happy here probably:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-or-not-fired/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football