Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 07:39 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Carolina started their descent the moment Cam refused to put team over himself by not falling on the Super Bowl fumble. They stuck with him as their franchise icon nontheless, and there are consequences for stupidity- the Panthers are now suffering those consequences by supporting the ego maniac QB.
Wasn’t there an 11-5 season in between that fumble and now? I think the descent was more because of not having a solid back up plan to a major Cam injury more than Cam himself.

This last season proved the Panthers have far bigger problems than Cam. Chiefly, not having enough sense to have a reliable veteran backup QB with a questionable O-line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 12:06 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,118,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Shocking they would keep the guy who won the league MVP that year. Not like they grow on trees or anything.
What has he done since then? No respect for that egomaniac.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:56 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,363,553 times
Well, it looks like LSU's QB Whisperer, Joe Brady, is heading back to the NFL to be the Panthers new OC, now if only they can somehow draft Burrow or do they tank and go after Lawrence in next year's draft!

Old 01-14-2020, 06:57 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Luke Kuechly just announced that he is retiring. Excuse me while I get into my feelings and my Vodka at the same time.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:45 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,644,765 times
I wonder if this is going to become a norm rather than an exception with some of the young players. A surprise but it is a move by him probably driven by health and thinking long term, can't blame him.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:57 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,578,937 times
Very sad that Kuechly is retiring but I certainly don't blame him. He is such a smart guy I am sure he will do well with whatever he decides to do with the rest of his life. He will be missed.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:19 PM

1,013 posts, read 728,930 times
We were lucky to have him in Carolina for several years. He was one in a million-never heard a bad word about him and it seems players on other teams respected him, and his own teammates love him.

Best wishes to him in retirement. I imagine the concussions were a factor in his decision.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:24 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,118,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wasn’t there an 11-5 season in between that fumble and now? I think the descent was more because of not having a solid back up plan to a major Cam injury more than Cam himself.

This last season proved the Panthers have far bigger problems than Cam. Chiefly, not having enough sense to have a reliable veteran backup QB with a questionable O-line.
You are a Panthers fan- nothing wrong with that. I'm a Falcons fan, so misery loves company! My whole point is you cannot build your team around a player that is more concerned with smiling for the camera than falling on a fumble that could decide the Super Bowl.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:26 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,316,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Luke Kuechly just announced that he is retiring. Excuse me while I get into my feelings and my Vodka at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I wonder if this is going to become a norm rather than an exception with some of the young players. A surprise but it is a move by him probably driven by health and thinking long term, can't blame him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Very sad that Kuechly is retiring but I certainly don't blame him. He is such a smart guy I am sure he will do well with whatever he decides to do with the rest of his life. He will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
We were lucky to have him in Carolina for several years. He was one in a million-never heard a bad word about him and it seems players on other teams respected him, and his own teammates love him.

Best wishes to him in retirement. I imagine the concussions were a factor in his decision.
Losing Kuechly is a blow for the defense. Kuechly played well. His concussion history became problematic to threaten his career.

Another player who may retire for health reasons could be Greg Olsen.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:33 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,291,128 times
Greg Olsen retiring would be good for him and the team. He's not who he once was. Nothing wrong with that either. Just the way things go sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football