Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbbphh View Post
Yup, what a mess. Anyone else like to see Shady get the ball more? Vick is getting hammered. And of course - Winfield constantly unblocked/Akers kicking ball OOB/Reid TO on 3rd and 12/etc etc.

As alluded to the in the previous few posts, the silver lining is that with this coming weekend's game now meaningless, the outcome is not that much different than if they had secured an actual bye (pseudo-bye week this weekend, play real game the weekend after vs real game this week and bye week the weekend after). Granted, the Cowboys are an easier matchup than the Giants/Bucs/Packers, but this outcome is actually better than if they had won this game and had to play starters against the Cowboys, but still ended up losing out on the #2 seed (either by losing to the Cowboys or the Bears beating the Packers). That is, as long as you don't buy in to the idea of momentum and the psychological cost of backing into the playoffs - which I don't. I think the rest/avoidance of injury is much more important. Warm up the Kolb.
Counting the Tuesday night game the Eagles are scheduled to play three games in twelve days. At this stage of the season where nagging injuries and fatigue start taking a toll I've got to agree. Give Vick and injured starters the week off and get ready for the first playoff game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,937,594 times
Looked like the Eagles took the Vikes for granted, and being 2 TD favorites I can understand.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Looked like the Eagles took the Vikes for granted, and being 2 TD favorites I can understand.
Yeaah they did Odog!

I'm tired of Reid not utilizing the Run game. Come on man! We need to start running.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,460,683 times
I feel like the only reasonably solution is to gain 150 pounds, walk on the squad and start blocking for Vick. I'm going to need a lot of tastykakes and cheesteaks; in fact, just install a WaWa touchscreen in my house. I'll be ready by playoffs.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
I kinda felt one of these games coming. They should have played it on Sunday. It's too late in the season to be doing something totally off the wall like a Tuesday game. Eagles' brass (and NBC) got what they deserved on that. It should have been played no later than Monday.

Offense looked flat (except McCoy, Celek). Parker couldn't tackle Webb out in the flat on 3 or 4 occasions. We had the reincarnation of Jim Johnson running the defense against us. Pretty ugly stuff.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 AM

192 posts, read 436,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yup, look up "trap game" in the dictionary and you may see this game . . .

Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbbphh View Post
Yup, look up "trap game" in the dictionary and you may see this game . . .
Yes, you probably will.

So now the Eagles will have to win four games in a row to win the title. Doubt it's happening folks. Three in a row is the best they have done this season.

However, as a fan who was thinking 7-9 or 8-8 at the start of the season, I'm glad they looked as good as they did.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM

608 posts, read 1,347,188 times
If the Eagles don't make some commitment to running the ball, its hopeless. If we win the wild card, we will have to go back to Chicago, play on that horrible field which doesn't look good.

Im already looking for next year...need O-line, some defensive help either corner or linebacker, and maybe a stud RB. But we need to load up on O-lineman for next year. We should have a much easier schedule with the NFC west and two crappy AFC east teams next year (with NE and Jets at home).

Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Yes, you probably will.

So now the Eagles will have to win four games in a row to win the title. Doubt it's happening folks. Three in a row is the best they have done this season.

However, as a fan who was thinking 7-9 or 8-8 at the start of the season, I'm glad they looked as good as they did.
Yea and as a Giant fan, the ONE time I root for the Eagles , what do they do ? Lay a fat egg.. thanks for nothing

Oh and what the hell was Reid punting with 4 minutes left in a 2 score game? is he for real? That guy makes decisions that are MIND BOGGLING.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yea and as a Giant fan, the ONE time I root for the Eagles , what do they do ? Lay a fat egg.. thanks for nothing
Sorry about that Buddy. Your Giants should have done a better job about controlling their own destiny though. Giving up 28 points in the forth quarter isn't the way to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football