Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,286 times

Advertisements

I remember Colin Cowherd saying that "The Atlanta Falcons are built for the post-season, they just have to get there" and I agree; beating someone in conference was good. I really thought that our D would look like UGA out there against N.O. but they showed that they're not pushovers. I can honestly say that there are no sure Ls on the Falcons' schedule. I think we'll take Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 992,460 times
Questions, anyone?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM

Yeah, can we win the South? Off course we can. We have Sandy Eggo aka the Chargers coming up and I love ATL's chances, I said the same thing about the Broncos game and we lost but I really like our chances for this one. The whole team played very well and it was great to see how thorough this team is.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Yeah, can we win the South? Off course we can.....
Did you see that graphic during yesterday's broadcast............

Over that past 5 seasons, every team that has won the NFC South was in last place in the division the previous season.

Let's make this streak 6-in-a-row!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Did you see that graphic during yesterday's broadcast............

Over that past 5 seasons, every team that has won the NFC South was in last place in the division the previous season.

Let's make this streak 6-in-a-row!!!
Oh yeah, I saw that and if everything holds up, we got next. All of us Falcons fans really need to root for the Giants though because we need them to hit their next four opponents in the mouth (hard). The G-Men really need to beat Washington, Dallas, and Carolina because I feel that we'll slay Tampa and I hope that we get the Aints in Nawlins. On a side note if we were to lose to a team at home I think we'll all choose Denver and that did happen, but the fact that we killed Oakland, lost a close one to the Broncos, only to see Denver get drilled by Oakland just isn't cool.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 AM

UPDATE:

The prevailing question now is not so much if the Falcons can win 8 games.....rather, if they'll make the playoffs......which is looking more and more likely as each week passes.

Big game next Monday night: Carolina vs. Tampa. I believe it's being played in Charlotte.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 AM

I really don't think Carolina will make it because they have four tough game for the remainder of the season (Tampa, Denver, Giants, and N.O.).

Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I really don't think Carolina will make it because they have four tough game for the remainder of the season (Tampa, Denver, Giants, and N.O.).
I hear ya.

Hey, if Carolina beats Tampa, then we beat Tampa, wouldn't we then be tied with the Bucs...assuming we win/lose the same amount of games other than mentioned here?

If that ended up being the case, how does the league determine the tie breaker?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times
it's based on their in conference record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
I hear ya.

Hey, if Carolina beats Tampa, then we beat Tampa, wouldn't we then be tied with the Bucs...assuming we win/lose the same amount of games other than mentioned here?

If that ended up being the case, how does the league determine the tie breaker?

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it's based on their in conference record.
Exactly. I'm scared to death of that New Orleans game because that team they're not a true bottom feeder by any means, matter of fact they'd be no worse than second in the West. It's a shame that GB couldn't handle Carolina but they should lose 3 of their next 4, Tampa has some us and the the competitive Chargers to deal with, and the sAINTS will win their last three after losing to us (hopefully).

Last edited by David Alleyne; 12-02-2008 at 10:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football