Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:09 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times

Advertisements

Kinda sad news to report. Lendale White has been released. Apparently with the acquisition of Willis McGahee it put Lendale to third on the depth chart. As Lendale (to my knowledge) has never been involved in special teams, he was just not in a good position to make the team. Sad, he's a Denver product (Chatfield High School). The Broncos are probably doing him a favor releasing him now so maybe he can catch on with another club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,493,363 times
Bronco thread regulars,

What are your realistic expectations for this team? How many wins do you see them getting?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,239,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bronco thread regulars,

What are your realistic expectations for this team? How many wins do you see them getting?
I have no idea till I see them in action.
Hope we lose our habit of imploding towards the end.
Plus I am not good at predicting these things.

Last edited by Summerz; 08-17-2011 at 06:59 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bronco thread regulars,

Man, I really don't know. Seems like this could be a real boom or bust team, could also be average.

They are practically a new team, I feel it would be unfair to claim they will lose a lot, they have tons of talent. I also feel it would be unwise to boast they will win the superbowl, that talent means nothing if they can't play together.

I will guess they get a wildcard spot, I refuse to speculate past that.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,696,239 times
Im hoping for at least 9 wins, of course id love to see playoffs but that will be difficult. They've got to stop the run if they have any hope.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:39 PM

I'd be cheating if I said "well let's wait until a week from this Friday" as that would follow preseason game #3, as that's the game where the starting roster gets a good workout. Some clubs go the whole first half, some go through the third quarter with their starters.

On that thought I'll go 6-10, but an optimistic 6-10. Though with who we drafted on defense #1 and #2, we'll get better for sure. Getting back Elvis Dumervil helps, losing Ty Warren doesn't help. BTW, the Broncos have said this recent injury to Warren is being called a partial tear, and they are doing surgery. Sadly Lendale White got released, was really hoping for a comeback from this Denver area native.

We still finished near the bottom of the heap regarding defense, though. I believe by the end of the season we'll finish in the middle of the pack. Our #1 draft choice Ayres needs to step up and show that #1 talent.

Regarding offense, Knowshon Moreno needs to do the same. Picking up Willis McGahee helps, Lendale was bumped down to #3 when McGahee was acquired. Losing Ryan Harris hurts. I do like what I see out of Orlando Franklin.

Early season prediction is in the 6-10 area, maybe 7-9. I'll weigh in later on this.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Buffalo preseason game coming up tomorrow night. Home opener at Invesco--OOPS! Sports authority Field (am already disliking that name as much as Invesco.) Starters play through the first quarter (I'm guessing), second stringers for second and third quarters. Look for Brady Quinn to get more time as well.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,616 times
Quinn and Orton looked good tonight. Tebow didn't really play much but was the 3rd stringer

Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
The best news about the Broncos of late is that they're apparently retaining Orton. When it looked like he was leaving and Tebow would take over, I was ready to kiss the season g-bye, and I say that knowing that many are ardent Tebow fans. (I like him too, but I don't think he's ready.)

For the most part I've liked what I've seen in pre-season, and I say that knowing well that the two teams we've played are not impressive teams by last season's records. Defense was Denver's biggest downfall last year, finishing dead last, and I think we'll see a huge improvement there. Huge. If defense can pull it up to average, that'll double our wins. Out on a limb here, predicting a 9-7 year. (And hoping for 10-6.)

Old 08-22-2011, 12:48 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,696,239 times
I totally agree!

UOTE=WyoNewk;20553711]The best news about the Broncos of late is that they're apparently retaining Orton. When it looked like he was leaving and Tebow would take over, I was ready to kiss the season g-bye, and I say that knowing that many are ardent Tebow fans. (I like him too, but I don't think he's ready.)

For the most part I've liked what I've seen in pre-season, and I say that knowing well that the two teams we've played are not impressive teams by last season's records. Defense was Denver's biggest downfall last year, finishing dead last, and I think we'll see a huge improvement there. Huge. If defense can pull it up to average, that'll double our wins. Out on a limb here, predicting a 9-7 year. (And hoping for 10-6.)[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football