Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 01:31 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times

Advertisements

Sorry not sorry, but after watching Brock run the offense it's pretty plain to see that the Broncos would be stupid to go back to Peyton Manning. Legend or not he can't run Gary Kubiak's offense and he's a liability in this system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 02:05 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Wow, Broncos pulled it off, thought Bears might tie it at the end. QB looked solid, I agree how do you go back to Peyton?

Old 11-22-2015, 02:17 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times
The D got a bit sloppy at the end, and almost gave it away. Though not sure that Pass interference was called correctly. It looked to me like the receiver was holding our guy.

Brock looked pretty darned good. A bit shaky at times. Sacking himself in the one drive. Looks like he lost his balance, and just sat down. Coulda been worse, I guess.

Next week could be really interesting.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Interesting game. Osweiler played well. I think he starts next week against the Pats for sure. Defense also did well but there were some stupid and costly penalties .

Old 11-22-2015, 03:08 PM

26,223 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Glad to see Osweiler have a decently good day with 2 TDs and NO picks. I suspect he's the team's future until something better arrives or he improves to star status with more playing time. IMO time and injuries have caught up with Peyton Manning; he's an all-time great and deserves every bit of the respect we have for him.

I think Chicago gave us the game as much as we won it; based on a 4th and goal where Chicago went for the TD (which failed) and didn't take the 3-point field goal that actually would've put them on top at the end. But then again, if that had been the case and Denver were behind two points at 2.5 minutes to play in the 4th they would not have played the time-burning strategy before the 2-minute warning and might have gone down the field to score.

Chicago is going to be second-guessing that 4th and goal call for a long time. Denver needs to stop giving up so many penalties; they have more personal fouls than any other team and almost gave the game away on such bad plays.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:11 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
... I think Chicago gave us the game as much as we won it; based on a 4th and goal where Chicago went for the TD (which failed) and didn't take the 3-point field goal that actually would've put them on top at the end. But then again, if that had been the case and Denver were behind two points at 2.5 minutes to play in the 4th they would not have played the time-burning strategy before the 2-minute warning and might have gone down the field to score.

Chicago is going to be second-guessing that 4th and goal call for a long time. Denver needs to stop giving up so many penalties; they have more personal fouls than any other team and almost gave the game away on such bad plays.
I think it was the right call; it just doesn't look that way in retrospect. There was 10 minutes left in the game, and the Bears hadn't yet cracked Denver's goal line or even gotten this close to it in 3+ quarters. The Broncos were 8 points up (17-9), so a field goal would have still left the Bears needing a TD to win. It made perfect sense to me. Try to tie it up; if you fail you still only need a touchdown and 2-point conversion to tie. Also, if you fail, you're sticking the Bronco offense inside their own 5-yard-line. You've got to admit, it almost worked. I'm glad it didn't!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Did anyone see Mike Florio on the Sunday Night pre-game show say Manning intends to play in 2016 even if it's not with the Broncos? If the Broncos make the change to Oz for the rest of the year I hope Manning does sign with another team and do well in 2016. Not because I care about his personal records. I just can't stand the thought of his last game in the league being that stinker against the Chiefs.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Oz played himself into the starting role for another week. The offense whiffed on a couple scoring opportunities but overall this is what a Kubiak offense should look like. Solid production at QB and on the ground alike. Manning was just a poor fit for this offense.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Did anyone see Mike Florio on the Sunday Night pre-game show say Manning intends to play in 2016 even if it's not with the Broncos? If the Broncos make the change to Oz for the rest of the year I hope Manning does sign with another team and do well in 2016. Not because I care about his personal records. I just can't stand the thought of his last game in the league being that stinker against the Chiefs.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Oz played himself into the starting role for another week. The offense whiffed on a couple scoring opportunities but overall this is what a Kubiak offense should look like. Solid production at QB and on the ground alike. Manning was just a poor fit for this offense.
I saw that as well - along with a very surprised Tony Dungy. While I too would hate to see him end his career on that note, the idea of him further risking his health (with young children at home no less) only to end up looking even more desperate and Farvesque.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
^ Well 6 games remain in this season so maybe he'll get another start. It's hard to say because Brock O. looked so good today. He was in command of the offense and things really flowed. I realize they only scored 17 but they looked as good or better than the offense has looked all year with Manning.

I'm not calling for Manning's resignation with the Broncos, but it's hard to argue against Oz right now. Oh, another benefit to Oz: a new weapon on offense has emerged in Cody Latimer.

I'd like to see the Broncos keep Oz in at least another week. I realize it's the Pats and they're coming in 10-0 (assuming they handle the Bills) but I think throwing Oz to the wolves is the way to go at this point. Let's see how well this team stacks up against the defending champs, shall we?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:53 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,309 times
I think all the talk about starting Osweiler over Manning is incredibly premature. I hope he takes at least one more week of rest, but I don't think Manning will be unseated this year unless he gets injured again. Even though I enjoyed watching Osweiler play well, I think his performance yesterday is a far cry from permanence. They definitely played "Kubiak Offense" yesterday - incredibly conservative and relatively ineffective. Putting up so few points against the NFL's 26th ranked defense is the very definition of mediocre, even if the stats were as good as they were.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to see Osweiler keep playing and performing well. His future is bright, and it's an honor to have such a good kid on the team. But it just amazes me how quickly people cast Manning to the side. Osweiler ran a conservative offense and just edged out a bad team. That's great. But stop saying Manning is no longer a starting-caliber QB. That's just nonsense.

I actually found the game this week incredibly frustrating to watch. The play-calling was awful (the offense found a way to succeed anyway), the officiating was downright atrocious, and the personal fouls were embarrassing.

Play Calling: being backed up at your own 2 yard line is not the proper time to call a play-action roll-out. If they stuffed 2 consecutive off-tackle runs to the right, don't call a third one. If you're only going to take 2 shots downfield all game, don't take them on 3rd and 8.

Officiating: Clearly no one was looking at the Bears' offensive line all game. There were a ton of missed holds, especially on crucial 3rd downs. There were two plays where the Broncos CBs literally got tackled by the WR before the ball got there. One was a no-call, the other was somehow defensive pass interference. Chicago somehow got their last timeout refunded to them despite calling T/O before an injured Broncos player went down. That whole situation was really confusing and nobody knew what was going on.

Personal Fouls: I understand the defense is aggressive, relentless even, but they need to show some discipline and start acting like professionals. Enough with the skirmishes and fights. TJ Ward, despite his talent, is really looking like a cheap-shotter and I don't like it one bit. Aqib Talib whines to the refs often. Come one guys, start acting professional.

Sorry if this was a bit ranty. Despite the bright spots this week (Osweiler, Trevathan, Ronnie and CJ) this was a frustrating game for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football