Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 09:09 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,396,356 times

Advertisements

Broncos preseason schedule came out
Week 1 at Chicago
Week 2 vs San Francisco
Week 3 vs Los Angeles
Week 4 at Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:08 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Oh, good, a preseason schedule.

Now all we need is a quarterback.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:06 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
The Broncos just traded Ryan Clady and a 7th round pick to the Jets for a 5th round pick. That's a pretty good deal for the Broncos considering they were highly likely to release Clady anyway due to a lack of cap space. The deal frees up some serious cash, enough for the entire draft class, late FA signings and UDFAs. Or to make the trade for Kaepernick if they're still interested in him.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:16 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Or to make the trade for Kaepernick if they're still interested in him.
Really, really hoping that part doesn't happen.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Really, really hoping that part doesn't happen.
I have mixed thoughts on this now. As soon as Brock left for Houston Kaepernick became my next choice for the Broncos QB. But as this drama has dragged on I've found myself more and more indifferent to him and more and more willing to see the Broncos take their chances with Sanchez, Siemian, another veteran QB to be signed and a mid/late round draft pick. They'll most certainly go into camp with 4 arms.

If they sign Kap, great. I really do think he'd flourish in Kubiak's offense and I think he'd be more adaptable than Sanchez to an O-line that, while better than last year's, is still likely a work in progress.

But this mess has dragged on long enough and honestly I don't really care. I know at the end of the day Elway is going to field a team capable of competing for another division title in the AFC West. It's very hard for any team to repeat, but win the division and see what happens. Nobody thought even as the Broncos were the #1 playoff seed that they'd even win their first playoff matchup.

I think Kap makes the offense potentially more explosive than Sanchez but whoever the team anoints the starter is inheriting a great supporting cast (again that line may be a bit shaky) and the best situation as an NFL QB he's experienced to this point in his career. To expect the best out of anyone, regardless of who it is, is certainly not unreasonable.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 AM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
I've seen a few headlines wondering whether or what Elway's plan was or if he had one or two in mind? It would be interesting to see Kaepernick in Denver but wonder if that is even a real possibility. It certainly will be interesting!

Old 04-10-2016, 08:56 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think Kap makes the offense potentially more explosive than Sanchez but whoever the team anoints the starter is inheriting a great supporting cast (again that line may be a bit shaky) and the best situation as an NFL QB he's experienced to this point in his career.
This may be true, and it also may not be. If it is true, probably so by an insignificant amount. That 49ers team he was on was no joke. O-line was very solid. Frank Gore was still a beast. And the defense was very good. Maybe one notch below the Broncos defense from last year, but still extremely good. The one area they were lacking was probably receiver.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:47 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,969,317 times
I am a solid Kaepernick guy. Would love to see him quarterbacking the Broncos. His speed and athleticism would be absolutely ideal.

Sanchez? Quarterbacks who fumble footballs lose games.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
This may be true, and it also may not be. If it is true, probably so by an insignificant amount. That 49ers team he was on was no joke. O-line was very solid. Frank Gore was still a beast. And the defense was very good. Maybe one notch below the Broncos defense from last year, but still extremely good. The one area they were lacking was probably receiver.
You can go position group by position and group between Kap's 49ers and the Broncos unit he'd inherit in a trade and make a case either way. You may give SF a nod on the line and the RB position, but the Broncos WRs are pretty hard to top. But it's team environment and coaching where the Broncos really separate themselves. Kubiak is a veritable QB whisperer. He has a history of getting the most of QBs others have written off or otherwise overlooked. Plummer and Schaub come to mind. His system is what really would push the comparison in Denver's favor.

But that is all speculation and potentially a waste of time anyway. That trade seems to be on hold indefinitely. It may not even happen.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I am a solid Kaepernick guy. Would love to see him quarterbacking the Broncos. His speed and athleticism would be absolutely ideal.

Sanchez? Quarterbacks who fumble footballs lose games.
I wouldn't say that I'm a solid Kaepernick fan. But I think he at least makes it interesting. He could flame out in a big way, but there's also a chance that if the pieces all came together, he ends up being a superstar. Sanchez, if we're lucky, he's competent, most likely mediocre and a chance of being a complete bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football