Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 06:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Losing Harris is a big blow, but Issac Yiadom has been playing well recently. He was actually matched up on A.J Green when Green aggravated his injury.

I'd let Yiadom and Langley get on the field and show what they have. Langley in particular could stand to show some signs of life in his second season.
I’m really encouraged to see him getting some reps. I love the youth movement we are seeing because it bodes well for the future of this team. Also, did you notice Simmons stepped in after the loss of Harris and played slot CB? He did a solid job of it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 11:16 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I’m really encouraged to see him getting some reps. I love the youth movement we are seeing because it bodes well for the future of this team. Also, did you notice Simmons stepped in after the loss of Harris and played slot CB? He did a solid job of it too.
I work Sundays now and don't really get to see the games live, so all I've seen thus far is highlights. I did hear from some others though about Simmons moving down to CB. I'm not too surprised. If I recall correctly, Simmons played some CB in college.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:56 PM

Something that may be a factor in the game with the 49ers is the turnover battle. The Broncos have been ridiculous with takewaways the last 3 games while the 49ers are a -20 in turnover ratio. That’s last in the league. I think a few well timed turnovers could sway this game for the Broncos much the way the last one did. I don’t expect the Broncos to run away with this one in a blowout win but I think the final score will be solid. Something like 23-13 Broncos.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
NFL.com reporting that Emmanuel Sanders is believed to have torn his achilles in practice.

Dammit.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
NFL.com reporting that Emmanuel Sanders is believed to have torn his achilles in practice.

Dammit.
Yeah that’s bad news. That’s a lot of play making ability gone now.

This team is the walking wounded. How long can they keep winning? With as many injuries as they have, it’s going to be hard to maintain hope they can win out and reach the playoffs.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:29 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Yeah that’s bad news. That’s a lot of play making ability gone now.

This team is the walking wounded. How long can they keep winning? With as many injuries as they have, it’s going to be hard to maintain hope they can win out and reach the playoffs.

And you can count on Denver depending on their running game more than ever before. They lost Jordon Taylor at the start of the season because of the off season hip injury which put him on the PPL list. They've lost a number of tight ends, the latest being Jeff Heuerman, who really had come along in the last month. I wonder what Demarius Thomas is thinking now? Jeff's backup is Matt LaCosse, who is in his 4th year and has just 17 receptions for his career.

Well, you can count on no clubs sending sympathy cards to the Broncos, they will have to play with who they have.

With Cortland Sutton you also have Tim Patrick, DeSean Hamilton, and River Cracraft at the wide receiver spot. All of them are rookies.

To make the playoffs Denver would have to win out and wait for others to drop, and the L.A. Chargers is sure to be one of the wild cards. It's going to be pretty tough for them to make it, sad to say.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:51 AM

It is never good to lose a guy like Sanders but it really is exciting to see how some of their young talent steps up. Maybe this year’s team makes the playoffs despite all the setbacks, and maybe they don’t. The snaps are vital to the 2019 team though. It’s only going to help next year that so many young players getting meaningful snaps now.

Assuming the Broncos don’t turn things on their head with respect to the coaching this off season, i am calling it now: the Broncos will be an off season favorite to win the AFC West next year. That’s not a prediction that they’ll deliver, just that analysts will like them this spring and summer.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:03 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
The Denver Broncos are getting rolled by the club with the worst record in the league-that would be the San Francisco 49ers. I don't know how many penalties they've had but I'll bet it's at least 10, Von Miller alone has 4 of them. 33 yards rushing, 53 passing in the first half. At least Chubb is giving effort today. 49ers tight end has 197 yards receiving in the first half alone!

If it was a tad warmer outside I would be out there pulling weeds in the back yard. Talk about a stench bomb, good God!

If somehow they come back and make this a game I'll be shocked.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:28 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Broncos lose to the 49ers

Old 12-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Well, that'll likely do it on the season for the Broncos. As quickly as they could elbow their way back into the playoffs discussion they crashed as hard as any team in their position ever has. Losing Harris and Sanders certainly did not help, but the team had every reason to still look competitive and failed to do so.

I am not going to analyze the performance or critique the coaches. And even though the Broncos are not officially eliminated they need a ridiculous amount of help right now. At this point the best thing that can come from this season is the young players are getting meaningful snaps. I've seen talk of tanking and I think that is a horrible idea. I'd rather see the team gun for 9-7 with or without the playoffs as a possibility than to play for draft position. If the young players are part of a team that folded on a season I think it sets a bad precedent for their development.

I suspect VJ's seat got a little warmer after that dud of a performance yesterday but I'm not entirely convinced he'll be gone if the team looks respectable en route to a 9-7 or even 8-8 finish. I also am not opposed to him returning if that's the case. I think it'll be good for the team to bring back this HC/QB combo. One or both of those has changed for the Broncos every year since 2015 and that's not a good way to develop a team. Regardless of yesterday's game this is still a far better team than last year's and another season may be just what they need to get over the hump.

But if not I'll just sit back and enjoy the chaos of the off season once again. As long as neither of the Broncos contending rivals have good post seasons I'll take it as a consolation prize and be happy.

Go Broncos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football