Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM

78,567 posts, read 60,772,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
They do but the Packers have a pretty good coverage unit and I have to think they will avoid punting to him if at all possible.

But, I will take the receiving corp of the Packers over Devin Hester anyday.

If they were going to sandbag their game plan they would have pulled their starters. Lovie Smith will always try to beat the Packers and there is no way they wanted the Packers in the playoffs. The last team you want to play in the playoffs is a divisional rival because anything can happen. That goes even further for this rivalry.

The play calling on both sides of the ball was different that game because it was too close to be taking risk.
<shrug> It's hard to catch passes when getting an MRI....or throw them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,300,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then they talked about how the Vikings beat Philly to help the Bears with home field (Um....yeah, you mean the Philly team the Bears beat heads up a few weeks prior to that.
And a Vikings team that was actually favored to beat the Bears -- in Chicago.

You'd think the sports media would be embarrassed enough by how much they underestimated this team to stop doing it. I suppose it was "lucky" that they beat a red-hot Jets and a red-hot Eagles in the stretch. After those victories in particular, the inarguable fact is that the Bears punched their own ticket not just to the playoffs but to the #2 seed and that "luck" had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Drover; 01-19-2011 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 PM

78,567 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And a Vikings team that was actually favored to beat the Bears -- in Chicago.

You'd think the sports media would be embarrassed enough by how much they underestimated this team to stop doing it. I suppose it was "lucky" that they beat a red-hot Jets and a red-hot Eagles in the stretch. After those victories in particular, the inarguable fact is that the Bears punched their own ticket not just to the playoffs but to the #2 seed and that "luck" had nothing to do with it.
Ironically a lot of the talking heads are calling the Bears-Packers a coin flip which I generally agree with. So it's just wierd how the Bears can just be lucky lucky lucky and oh yeah they are a 50/50 to beat a team we think is reallly good.

I think sometimes ESPN is just trolling.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,501,218 times
ok 2 days until game time. This has been the longest week ever. I am glad they are the early game at least on Sunday, I dont know if I could wait until Sunday night for kickoff...

Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,069,344 times
"The BEARS are who we THOUGHT they were..."

Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
The 3pm start time for a fan who team loses is always TOUGH because you know that watching football is over for the rest of the day.

But I defintely don't know whatteam will win because they are so even on both sides of the ball.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,111,903 times
Good luck Bears and bad thoughts out to the Pack and their paint thinner-swilling, sub-human, dead deer-luvin' fans.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:10 PM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
I really had no favorites in today's Bears-Packers game. Both teams go back 90 years, and for nothing else than sheer longevity and long-term greatness, both are favorites for me.

The last quarter of the game was hugely exciting to watch, Hanie did a great job trying to get the Bears to the Superbowl but a couple bad breaks did-in da Bears. I'm looking forward to a great Super Bowl, hopefully Packers vs Steelers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,010,293 times
Hell of a job today fighting back. I thought we had it in the bag early and the Bears made me eat it.

I can't wait to read what the Chicago press has to say about Cutler tomorrow.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM

237 posts, read 380,173 times
I thought Urlacher had a GREAT game, I could feel how much he wanted the win. I give props to Briggs and Caleb Hanie too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football