Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Keep on hanging those NFC North banners and then exit in the first round, as usual.
As opposed to the Packers not even winning the division or likely not even making the playoffs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
As opposed to the Packers not even winning the division or likely not even making the playoffs...

Nothing like never having been able to get it done, eh tex. Geez, even the Jets and Bucs have won it before. Such a storied franchise those Vikings. Don't know where "pnut" went ghengis. Why don't you ask him. "Only fans when we win"? You really do know a lot about the Packers and their fans. Funny, you needed 2 ex-Packers to help keep you from gagging on your own vomit yesterday. Glad to see we could help out. Oh, and nothing wrong with mediocrity as long as you're having fun. You guys should know all about that.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Well, that's you and that's your prerogative. But the franchise outlived Elway's playing days, did it not? Just like the Pack lives on. I turned the page after Favre threw that interception in overtime of the NFC championship game a couple years ago and followed it up with the teary-eyed "retirement" speech.

I want the Vikings to lose not because I'm a Ravens fan but because any week the Vikings lose and the Packers win, that's a good thing. I don't see what's so complicated about that.
Nothings complicated with that...Im just saying...

John Elway threw more interceptions in Superbowls than anyone in the past at the time, but I didnt turn the page, I kept reading that book until the final chapter. Your were lucky to get some sequels, but your guys had a bonfire and burn it to ashes. (gota love our analogies)

Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,873 times
Quote:
olol.

I had no idea the Jets were the Pack's hated rival. Isn't that where the Vikings got Favre? IIRC there wasn't a hole at quarterback the Pack needed to fill this offseason. I know, Brett's December flameout and postseason no-show was pretty forgettable. I can forgive anybody for having that slip out of their memory. That said, it's appropriate that he went to a franchise notorious for choking in December/January. The Vikings have never accomplished a goddamn thing. What are their fans' "ancient memories?" Super Bowl championships? Har. Going 15-1 and then choking a halftime lead to the Falcons in the conference championship? That's more like it. They're pretty much the Buffalo Bills of the NFC. Or maybe the Houston Oilers.

Oh, and the Pack is now running a 3-4, not a 4-3. Not that I'd expect you to know one from the other.

I think we'll clean house in due time, but it won't be for the reasons you think. Favre is a non-issue with this franchise anymore.
obviously bret isnt your Farvre- ret player (he he he) but don't forget, you have to play him agian, and tht DOES make him an issue. Hes going to screw up your chances of a wild card birth. He always did play well in your house.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Packers' players are now calling out coaches for switch to the new defensive scheme. Beginning of the end for Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson when your players start second guessing you this early in the season?

Defense vents frustration again - JSOnline

Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Beginning of the end for Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson when your players start second guessing you this early in the season?
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it is or maybe it's the media making another mountain out of a molehill the way the national media continue to kiss Favre's ass, and making gullible people like yourself think he's the main reason why the Vikings are winning. After all, the narrative of "jilted former Packer quarterback coming back to crush his old team" just makes a better story, doesn't it? If it's the end for McCarthy and Thompson, the franchise will move on. Just like the franchise has moved on after Brett Favre.

I liked your post in the "Interception Tally" thread but all those extra stats you came up with had more to do with the people around Brett, not Brett himself. And those were the guys who made the difference. I also liked your reference to the compensation pick the Pack got from the Jets, well it would've been a second-rounder had Brett managed to make enough of a difference for the Jets to get them to the playoffs. Alas, he didn't. That's because he can no longer carry a team.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
I liked your post in the "Interception Tally" thread but all those extra stats you came up with had more to do with the people around Brett, not Brett himself. And those were the guys who made the difference. I also liked your reference to the compensation pick the Pack got from the Jets, well it would've been a second-rounder had Brett managed to make enough of a difference for the Jets to get them to the playoffs. Alas, he didn't. That's because he can no longer carry a team.
You are one of those who say everything is because of the rest of the team when Favre is doing good, then when it goes bad, its because of him, right?

The surrounding cast is always very important, but it doesn't make or break a position. It helps.

You really think Sage or Tavaris could put up performances anywhere near Favre's? If so, I'd like to know what you are smoking...

Old 11-02-2009, 12:50 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Glad to see you Cheesheads are so Overrrr Favre, LOL. What other brilliant moves does your front office have in store for you to ensure your entrenchment into mediocrity for the next dozen or so years. Already noticed the vitriol picking up on your Pucker forums demanding heads. HA HA HA, doesn't seem like great fans to the end, as usual only fans when you win. Keep hanging on to those ancient memories.

Let Favre go to your hated rival that just needed a decent QB to thump you regularly. Brilliant strategy there!

Convert to a 3 -4 defense and move your one decent pass rusher to a linebacker. Duh, well that's what other teams do maybe it'll work for us.

Draft a slew of college "names" that everyone knew would not cut it as pro players. Spin the wheel and take a guess, better than paying a competent scouting staff.
The Jets were a lock for the playoffs this time last year. Favre was going to be MVP last year too.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You really think Sage or Tavaris could put up performances anywhere near Favre's? If so, I'd like to know what you are smoking...
No, but I think any half decent quarterback (e.g. not Sage or Tavaris) - think Trent Dilfer circa 2000 - could get it done. Doesn't have to be Favre. It just happens to be.

Favre hasn't done anything to lose any games for the Vikings, because he doesn't have to carry them. If he was still with the Pack, every time you see Aaron Rodgers take a sack, substitute that for Favre forcing a pass into coverage and throwing a pick. That's because he wouldn't have a good offensive line or a running game. Minnesota has that. The few times the Pack got any pressure on Brett yesterday, he made some not-so-good throws, particularly getting away with two deflections that should've been interceptions. It's easy to make great throws when nobody is pressuring you. Hell, it'd even make Rosenfails look competent. Imagine if Rodgers had that.

Nobody seems to be able to explain how Favre would make the Pack better if he was there instead of Rodgers, with everything else remaining the same. If that was all the Pack needed to win the Super Bowl, it would've happened two years ago.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Another sunny morning in Green Bay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football