Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times

Advertisements

does anyone know if the DEN/SD game will be shown on national tv? it's a 4:00pm game on CBS. But does anyone know if there's a way to find out if that's nationwide? I'm on the East Coast, but I will have to watch that game at home, in private, alone, no other human contact, that's how much pressure I feel.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
does anyone know if the DEN/SD game will be shown on national tv? it's a 4:00pm game on CBS. But does anyone know if there's a way to find out if that's nationwide? I'm on the East Coast, but I will have to watch that game at home, in private, alone, no other human contact, that's how much pressure I feel.
thanks!
It's been moved to NBC. It'll be the Sunday night game next week -- and of course, that's a national broadcast!

They were advertising it during the Giants-Panthers game last night.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM

OMG!! are you kidding?? I didn't hear that! I see there wasn't a previous game scheduled for Sun night. That's weird! but thank you for the info. I did check tv giude just in the off chance it would be listed, and it did say the DEN game was on.
But sunday night now, you say? interesting and better for me anyway!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnab gib View Post
It's been moved to NBC. It'll be the Sunday night game next week -- and of course, that's a national broadcast!

They were advertising it during the Giants-Panthers game last night.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:14 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Quote:
OMG!! are you kidding?? I didn't hear that! I see there wasn't a previous game scheduled for Sun night. That's weird! but thank you for the info. I did check tv giude just in the off chance it would be listed, and it did say the DEN game was on.
But sunday night now, you say? interesting and better for me anyway!
Thanks!

Yeah, part of NBC's contract is that it gets to pick a "flex game" for the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season -- it basically lets them cherry-pick the most attractive lineup for the Sunday night game. That way they don't end up with late season duds ... like Bears-Packers on Monday Night Football tonight.

CBS and the TV guide probably just haven't updated their schedules yet. I imagine NBC didn't make the call until the Denver game was over last night.

I'm happy to deliver the good news!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:24 AM

yes, you delivered an early Christmas present for me!! I didn't want to have to watch that game at a bar, too much pressure. I'm a Bronco fan, and I'm not having a good day today, or the last 2 weeks, for that matter.
This game will be huge. Now I can relax and wallow in misery privately!!

Quote:
Yeah, part of NBC's contract is that it gets to pick a "flex game" for the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season -- it basically lets them cherry-pick the most attractive lineup for the Sunday night game. That way they don't end up with late season duds ... like Bears-Packers on Monday Night Football tonight.

CBS and the TV guide probably just haven't updated their schedules yet. I imagine NBC didn't make the call until the Denver game was over last night.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 AM

thanks!!

Quote:

Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 AM

719 posts, read 2,618,070 times
Quote:
yes, you delivered an early Christmas present for me!! I didn't want to have to watch that game at a bar, too much pressure. I'm a Bronco fan, and I'm not having a good day today, or the last 2 weeks, for that matter.
This game will be huge. Now I can relax and wallow in misery privately!!
I bleed orange, too, but from their consistently inconsistent play this season, and that call by Ed Hochulie in our 1st SD matchup this year, they DESERVE to have to play SD!
Lets face it, the defense and special teams are just daggum awful...

Last edited by Sockeye; 12-22-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Old 12-22-2008, 10:24 AM

I"m so upset. I really hope this game isn't a blow-out. But I don't think my nerves can take another close game. Our defense has been terrible for several years now, I wish I knew how to fix it!! short of adding about 5 more players to the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
I bleed orange, too, but from their consistently inconsistent play over the past couple weeks they DESERVE to have to play SD!
Lets face it, the defense and special teams are just daggum awful...

Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,533 times
Quote:
The Bears are still in the hunt for the division so it isn't a total dud. Also Bears / Packers is the oldest and best rivalry in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football