Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,196,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
He has more wins than any other QB in NFL history. Also, if your saying Kobe is overrated then that make me laugh even more. I would just point out Favre has a better QB rating than Elway, whom some consider the all time best. Overrated = Laughable.
Whoever believes Elway to be the best of all time is an idiot. Elway was garbage until the mid 90's, and was simply above average for those.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,956 times
Quote:
He has more wins than any other QB in NFL history. Also, if your saying Kobe is overrated then that make me laugh even more. I would just point out Favre has a better QB rating than Elway, whom some consider the all time best. Overrated = Laughable.

He also has more INTS than ANY QB in NFL history dont forget that too.
Elway is in the top 10 of all time but I dont know many who ever said he was the best. Montana and Unitas have that covered pretty well

OVERRATED - PERIOD!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
As a Bears fan I just have to say that Bret Favre WAS good, now hes just a punchline. If he wants to go to the Viks he can be my guest, the bears D could use some more turnovers to pad their stats. Anything that keeps the ball away from All Day is good in my book. If I was the vikings I would go get Vick from Atlanta, can you imagine vick and peterson in the same backfield... wtf is a defense going to do against that in a dome? With all their TDs I am sure people would forget all about the dog thing.

Wow, great idea, lets go get Vick so we can become completely one dimensional! The defense can go ahead and stick 9 in the box every play.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:

As far as QB rating goes, that the biggest horse crap stat ever. I love to listen to Former Giants QB Phil Simms talk about how worthless that stat is. Matter of fact Ben Roethislberger has 2 SB wins with the LOWEST combines QB rating in SB History....SO WHAT! What was Trent Dilfers QB rating when he won a SB? No one knows and no one cares.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
He also has more INTS than ANY QB in NFL history dont forget that too.
Elway is in the top 10 of all time but I dont know many who ever said he was the best. Montana and Unitas have that covered pretty well

OVERRATED - PERIOD!

I have to agree. Favre has simply been good at compiling longitivity stats, such as wins, yards, td passes, etc. Any slightly above average QB playing on teams like the Packers had, for just as long, would have compiled nearly identical longetivity stats.

From 1994 to 1998 Favre was the greatest QB in the league, but outside of that, he was nothing more then mediocre with a decent season here and there.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
As far as QB rating goes, that the biggest horse crap stat ever. I love to listen to Former Giants QB Phil Simms talk about how worthless that stat is. Matter of fact Ben Roethislberger has 2 SB wins with the LOWEST combines QB rating in SB History....SO WHAT! What was Trent Dilfers QB rating when he won a SB? No one knows and no one cares.

Super bowl rings are the most worthless stat for an individual player. Simms calls the stat crap because he is a classic example of a garbage QB who rode his team to a super bowl ring. He has to use the ring as something to justify his worthless personal career. Dilfer is always going to do the same, and so will Roethlesberger, and they will join Doug Williams and Mark Rypien crying themselves to sleep after pawning their Super Bowl rings, and after everyone has long since forgot about them.

I bet Dan Marino doesnt have such problems.....

Old 05-05-2009, 01:27 PM

Marino himself has said he would give back EVERY SINGLE STAT for 1 superbowl ring.

And since football is a TEAM sport Individual stats are worthless. This is the NFL we are talking about, maybe you should stick with FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Marino himself has said he would give back EVERY SINGLE STAT for 1 superbowl ring.

And since football is a TEAM sport Individual stats are worthless. This is the NFL we are talking about, maybe you should stick with FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Individual stats are worthless to a TEAM, but TEAM stats are worthless to an individual player.

Noone with half a brain cell is going to say that Ben Roethlesberger is better then Peyton Manning because he has more rings. Period. Manning continously bests Roethlesberger in INDIVIDUAL stats, and therefore, is a BETTER QB.

The only thing that Roethlesbergers rings prove is that the Steelers were a good team, it doesnt say a damn thing about Roethlesberger, and NEVER will.

That is why Dan Marino is in Canton, and that is why Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Phil Simms will never be.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,186,695 times
As a Minnesotan and Viking fan-------I hope Brett Favre stays retired.

I'm sick of him constantly in the news-----" he retired"----" he changed his mind"-----he retired"-------" he changed his mind"

I probably am the only Vikes fan who feels this way---but, frankly, I don't want to see him become the QB of the Vikings.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 PM

And thats why Dan tosses and turns and has to live with the title "Greatest QB NEVER to win a SB"

Manning is a Great QB, thats a given, but like I said before they want rings not stats. Art Monk was in that group of players till just recently that had great numbers but was not in the HOF, does that make him any less of a player?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football