Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,855,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
[/b]!
Five more.....and so is the NFL!
I agree...it says a lot about the NFL when they'll take a dirtbag like Vick back, all in the name of $$$$$$$, but look at baseball, Pete Rose is banned for life for GAMBLING! Baseball players get longer suspensions than Vick for taking performance enhancing drugs....and those crimes are victimless.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,855,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
So how are they supposed to support themselves and get their lives back together?
Like most people with an IQ of 70 and a criminal record like Vick....flipping burgers or pushing shopping carts.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 PM

53 posts, read 131,355 times
Be sure not to take your dog to Eagles games. Oh, and don't be surprised if Vick does have a good year.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 PM

218 posts, read 756,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Like most people with an IQ of 70 and a criminal record like Vick....flipping burgers or pushing shopping carts.
or how about this guys job that is vacant!! Cold Eagles sure are thin-skinned | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/09/2009
Eagles are pretty warped these days.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:02 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,441,108 times
I hope the Vick situation is a wake up call for people and that they begin to boycott the NFL and their thug players. Support the NHL or MLS where the players are not committing crimes on a daily basis.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:54 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,621,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I hope the Vick situation is a wake up call for people and that they begin to boycott the NFL and their thug players. Support the NHL or MLS where the players are not committing crimes on a daily basis.
Oh you mean like this > Hawks' Kane arrested for robbing, assaulting cab driver (http://digg.com/hockey/Hawks_Kane_arrested_for_robbing_assaulting_cab_dri ver - broken link)
or this > HOCKEY; The Canucks' Bertuzzi Is Charged With Assault - New York Times - The New York Times | Encyclopedia.com

or this > MCSORLEY FORMALLY CHARGED WITH ASSAULT | Article from The Boston Globe | HighBeam Research

or these UPSTANDING idividuals....

Qld: Sex crime soccer player gets bail on jail sentence | Article from AAP General News (Australia) | HighBeam Research

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/soccer-player-arrested-on-suspicion-of-stealing-womans-underwear-cell-phone (broken link)

Former Samoan national soccer player jailed for sex crime

Brazilian soccer player faces criminal racism charge - Sports Handicapping, Betting & Picks - SBR Forum

Colombia soccer player who killed heckler in drunken confrontation says he wanted to scare fan

Professional British Soccer Player Luke McCormick Gets 7 Years (http://blog.seattle-duiattorney.com/archives/449 - broken link)
The US will never embrace soccer, its BORING and not enough scoring. It like watching a basketball game that ends in a 1-0 score. The NHL is and always will be the #4 sport in the US. Sad but true.

Last edited by Speedaddicted; 08-17-2009 at 07:06 PM..

Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,681,772 times
Quote:
I agree, those thug football players all have super low IQ's. The only thing they can do is throw a ball, if that and run. Again, set vick lose in the jungle and lets see how fast a runner he really is!

I have been reading vick was no good at football anyway. Loser teams would hire him. Like the eagles. Perfect example.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,441,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Oh you mean like this > Hawks' Kane arrested for robbing, assaulting cab driver (http://digg.com/hockey/Hawks_Kane_arrested_for_robbing_assaulting_cab_dri ver - broken link)
or this > HOCKEY; The Canucks' Bertuzzi Is Charged With Assault - New York Times - The New York Times | Encyclopedia.com

or this > MCSORLEY FORMALLY CHARGED WITH ASSAULT | Article from The Boston Globe | HighBeam Research

or these UPSTANDING idividuals....

Qld: Sex crime soccer player gets bail on jail sentence | Article from AAP General News (Australia) | HighBeam Research

Soccer player arrested on suspicion of stealing woman's underwear, cell phone › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion (http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/soccer-player-arrested-on-suspicion-of-stealing-womans-underwear-cell-phone - broken link)

Former Samoan national soccer player jailed for sex crime

Brazilian soccer player faces criminal racism charge - Sports Handicapping, Betting & Picks - SBR Forum

Colombia soccer player who killed heckler in drunken confrontation says he wanted to scare fan

Professional British Soccer Player Luke McCormick Gets 7 Years (http://blog.seattle-duiattorney.com/archives/449 - broken link)
The US will never embrace soccer, its BORING and not enough scoring. It like watching a basketball game that ends in a 1-0 score. The NHL is and always will be the #4 sport in the US. Sad but true.
Give me a break...these are isolated incidents (in the NHL). And the MLS has very very very few incidents. The NFL has 3 or 4 players that commit crimes per week. Here is proof....
NFL Crimes NewsBlog

I will take my boring soccer and hockey, while you guys can continue to worship your thugs.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 PM

716 posts, read 1,121,349 times
Quote:
I was responding to the idea that felons should not have jobs at all, read the original quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree, those thug football players all have super low IQ's. The only thing they can do is throw a ball, if that and run. Again, set vick lose in the jungle and lets see how fast a runner he really is!

I have been reading vick was no good at football anyway. Loser teams would hire him. Like the eagles. Perfect example.
Wow, you don't know anything about football but you can call every player a "thug with a super low IQ."

Old 08-17-2009, 09:36 PM

8,813 posts, read 10,276,861 times
Ok, this thread has run it's course. And we have enough threads on this topic anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football