Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Saints or Colts, who will be the winner of SB44?
New Orleans Saints 15 46.88%
Indianapolis Colts 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,494,389 times

Advertisements

I like the Colts to cover, and I like the under. I say Colts win something like 28-17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Colts.

I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning had one of those tubes put in the back of his head, a-la "The Matrix", that imparted to him every bit of football wisdom known in the universe.

I would pay extra money to the NFL Network if they "mic'd" him every game.

Love him!!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:56 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,239,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I hope Saints vs. Colts. Once the playoffs start who knows though.
Too bad I didn't have money on my pick.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:55 AM

927 posts, read 1,391,203 times
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how the league and CBS feel about having two small market teams in the Superbowl? Why do I mention it? Because in past years when the Spurs had been in the NBA Finals all you heard about was how small a market San Antonio was and how the Spurs should not have been in the Championship series.

Well the last time I checked San Antonio was bigger and had a richer GDP than either Nola or Indy. So why no complaints from anybody in the media? This double standard is irritating to me to say the least.

Oh yeah, one more thing. We here in San Antonio are one league payoff away from actually being in the Superbowl instead of New Orleans. If former rotten, crooked commissioner Paul Tagliabue had not intervened and stuck his nose in business matters that had little to do with him, the Saints would be representing San Antonio in the big game next week and not New Orleans.

Yes, fate takes some strange twists sometimes and New Orleans fans you can thank your lucky voodoo dolls that things turned out the way they did for you all.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:19 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,777,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how the league and CBS feel about having two small market teams in the Superbowl? Why do I mention it? Because in past years when the Spurs had been in the NBA Finals all you heard about was how small a market San Antonio was and how the Spurs should not have been in the Championship series.

Well the last time I checked San Antonio was bigger and had a richer GDP than either Nola or Indy. So why no complaints from anybody in the media? This double standard is irritating to me to say the least.

Oh yeah, one more thing. We here in San Antonio are one league payoff away from actually being in the Superbowl instead of New Orleans. If former rotten, crooked commissioner Paul Tagliabue had not intervened and stuck his nose in business matters that had little to do with him, the Saints would be representing San Antonio in the big game next week and not New Orleans.

Yes, fate takes some strange twists sometimes and New Orleans fans you can thank your lucky voodoo dolls that things turned out the way they did for you all.
Well, with the way some disgruntled fans are saying how refs are fixing the playoff games for the NFL you would think they'd actually fix the games to have Cowboys versus Patriots (or Dolphins due to the location this year) in the big game. That would be a huge revenue generator for the league. That's why I don't get why refs would fix the games for smaller market teams to end up in the SB.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:54 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,663 times
Quote:

There is NO comparison between the NBA and the NFL. The NFL is tiers above the NBA. And San Antonio will never have an NFL team.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 AM

927 posts, read 1,391,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
There is NO comparison between the NBA and the NFL. The NFL is tiers above the NBA. And San Antonio will never have an NFL team.
Never say never, buzz. If a tiny, little place like New Orleans is allowed to have an NFL team then why not San Antonio?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,663 times
Quote:
Never say never, buzz. If a tiny, little place like New Orleans is allowed to have an NFL team then why not San Antonio?
You DO have a point bresilhac!

Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM

100 posts, read 339,006 times
Talking SuperBowl weekend.. who do you want to win? or think is gonna win??

Hello my fellow CD friends.. I know superbowl is a big thing and was wondering who you are all going for?

It's COLTS vs SAINTS!!

who's your pick and who's gonna win??

Well we are a BIG COLTS fan's here.. so i'm gonna say they will win!!

GO COLTS!!!

give me your imput

Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM

44,642 posts, read 61,661,969 times
Colts 27
Saints 17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football