Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

Mora out as coach of Seahawks after just 1 season - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aqv1k9uO8JJgATBg5qY9dO1DubYF?slug=ap-seahawks-morafired&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)

So, who will be the NEXT head coach to get the axe. Oh Yeah! More heads are gonna roll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Yep - take Greg Knapp with him

Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Mora out as coach of Seahawks after just 1 season - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aqv1k9uO8JJgATBg5qY9dO1DubYF?slug=ap-seahawks-morafired&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)

So, who will be the NEXT head coach to get the axe. Oh Yeah! More heads are gonna roll!
This one is surprising to me. I'm not a fan of firing coaches after one season. Whatever happened to improvement and chemistry and consistency?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
On ESPN's Around The Horn the rumor is Pete Carroll might be signed as head coach. Just heard that a half hour ago. When he left the NFL several years ago, I thought he was not gonna be back as a coach in the league. Maybe so, though.

Still, firing Mora after one season is kind of a surprise. Maybe I shouldn't be though.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
On ESPN's Around The Horn the rumor is Pete Carroll might be signed as head coach. Just heard that a half hour ago. When he left the NFL several years ago, I thought he was not gonna be back as a coach in the league. Maybe so, though.

Still, firing Mora after one season is kind of a surprise. Maybe I shouldn't be though.
Did one crappy season in SoCal spark interest in a return? He is a college football god. Some coaches are built for developing talent and some are built for managing overpaid ego's. Carroll falls into the first of those two catagories. That's not to mention that his scout team is one of the best in the nation. He'd be stupid to leave SoCal.

Holmgren's vacancy meant big shoes to fill in Seattle. Mora was not up to the task. Awesome coordinator does not always = awesome coach. One year was a bit premature, though. I would have given him one more year.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Did one crappy season in SoCal spark interest in a return? He is a college football god. Some coaches are built for developing talent and some are built for managing overpaid ego's. Carroll falls into the first of those two catagories. That's not to mention that his scout team is one of the best in the nation. He'd be stupid to leave SoCal.
If NCAA sanctions for violations during the Reggie Bush era are headed to SOCAL, that's why he would bolt.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
the team completely quit on mora and fell apart - when your players are poking you in the chest yelling at you on the sideline and your QB is having mindless turnovers in the redzone and you don't communicate with him there are issues

it's reported that seattle paid around $12M to terminate Mora - this move wasn't cheap, which also shows how needed it was

Old 01-09-2010, 09:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
You don't hear much said about this in the media, but I'm interested to see how much longer the Giants are going to stick with Tom Coughlin. When they started the season at 5-0, it was supposed to be a Primrose Lane cakewalk to the Super Bowl. They didn't even make the playoffs. That's not a good recipe for longevity as a coach in the NFL. Especially when the coach has a rep as a "disciplinarian."

Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Bad move for Pete Carroll......he was a mediocre NFL coach, at best. Noe he's going back to trying to coach a bunch of millionaire spoiled brats who can get him fired anytime they want???

DUMB!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football