Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 AM

31 posts, read 26,593 times

Advertisements

This morning they were calling the Saints "The New America's Team" because of what they went through with Katrina. I suppose in the next couple of weeks leading up to the game the networks will not be showing footage of thugs shooting at helicopters trying to help and they will surely not speak of the spike in crime in Houston since the refugees headed this direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 06:45 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
Just another pointless story the media created for us to feel sorry for a city that still can't get its act together to rebound from a natural disaster.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Wow, folks, let's not get too worked up over the media. It's a nice story for the GOOD people who live in the New Orleans area, of which I don't doubt there are many. I'm happy for them. That said, GO COLTS!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
I'll watch this thread closely as THIS forum is about football. If the posts are all about the hurricane Katrina situation this thread will close.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'll watch this thread closely as THIS forum is about football. If the posts are all about the hurricane Katrina situation this thread will close.

This has to do with football. Do you not think Katrina will be all over ESPN this week? It is part of it. deleted

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-25-2010 at 12:21 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
We'll see if it does talk about football.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
I'm gonna keep this about football, by saying that if you want to call any team "America's Team" just because the city fell on hard times, then the DETROIT LIONS should be America's Team as well.

I mean, it's arguable that Detroit has gone through tougher times than New Orleans. The things, at least alot of people still go to New Orleans and the city is rebounding. Detroit on the other hand has fallen on hard times because of the economic crisis, and so many have left that city.... but it wasn't a natural disaster that caused the city so much hardship.

Point is, the sole reason why the media is calling New Orleans the new America's Team is because they're goin' to the Super Bowl.
I could bet that if Detroit was representing the NFC this year, the Lions would be "the new America's Team".

Besides, there are alot of Cowboy haters out there, so of course they'll look to dump the name of to someone else the first chance they got, and here it is.....

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm gonna keep this about football, by saying that if you want to call any team "America's Team" just because the city fell on hard times, then the DETROIT LIONS should be America's Team as well.

I mean, it's arguable that Detroit has gone through tougher times just like New Orleans. The things, at least alot of people still go to New Orleans and the city is rebounding. Detroit on the other hand has fallen on hard times because of the economic crisis, and so many have left that city.... but it wasn't a natural disaster that caused the city so much.

Point is, the sole reason why the media is calling New Orleans the new America's Team is because they're goin' to the Super Bowl.
I could bet that if Detroit was representing the NFC this year, the Lions would be "the new America's Team".

Besides, there are alot of Cowboy haters out there, so of course they'll look to dump the name of to someone else the first chance they got, and here it is.....

I agree with you. I hate the Cowboy's but I would never call a team like the Saints "America's Team". Maybe "Thug's Team" or something like that would be more fitting. You are right about Detriot....the good people are the ones that left. I bet their attendance was awful this year.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Better than hearing about Favre for the next two weeks...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
The only teams are America's Team are the US Olympic Teams and National Teams. A sports team that represents one particular city does not represent an entire nation. It's stupid to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football