Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Im shocked at two things. Him going to Denver, and him going ahead of Clausen (and McCoy)
There are alot of questions about Clausen's intangibles. Everyone is passing the guy up, so that should tell you what the consensus is on him.

Quote:
Maurice Clarett? ouch.
Huh?

Quote:
This pick for Denver makes zero sense.
Actually it does make sense. It gives Josh another guy to groom at quarterback, he can come in and run the wildcat early and ultimately will probably be a good player in this league.

Quote:
I never heard any noise of him going late 1st round. I heard mostly mid to late 2nd.
That was before his workouts with the much improved mechanics. That had his stock rising quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
There are alot of questions about Clausen's intangibles. Everyone is passing the guy up, so that should tell you what the consensus is on him.

Huh?

Actually it does make sense. It gives Josh another guy to groom at quarterback, he can come in and run the wildcat early and ultimately will probably be a good player in this league.

That was before his workouts with the much improved mechanics. That had his stock rising quickly.

LMAO. Take your orange blinders off bro. Horrible pick. Horrible.

Highest paid 3rd string QB EVAR!!! LMAO!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
LMAO. Take your orange blinders off bro.
I guarantee you I'm more objective than 95% of fans out there.

Quote:
Horrible pick. Horrible.
I love people who claim picks are horrible within hours of them being made. Unless you're talking massive over reach (see; Raiders, Oakland) then making that proclamation this early is foolish.

Quote:
Highest paid 3rd string QB EVAR!!! LMAO!
He needs time to develop. Every team in the NFL knew that.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
What's going on in the draft? I almost forgot how unwatchable this thing is. What a bunch of scum bags in the audience. What's with all the booing? Drew Brees?

BRONCOS PICKED TEBOW!?! WOW! IS JOSH as stupid as Shanahan on draft day? An unwanted quarterback? Wasn't the qb who threw his rcvrs under the bus at least talented?

Let's go look at some Senior Bowl highlights? Well he ought to feel right at home... in Colorado Springs. Sheesh.

So much for getting that Center, Offensive Guard, Linebacker, Defensive End, Tight End, Punter, maybe a wide receiver? What? You're not trading that guy! What's the logic here?

Pete Prisco says, "Broncos McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick." WOW! The guys on NFL Network are making fun of the Denver Broncos! They can afford to sit Tebow because they have so many wins under their belt? NOT!!!!!!!! The Broncos need to rebuild! And you only have one QB out there! We already have 3! Now 4? What?

NOBODY WOULD HAVE PICKED HIM IN THE ENTIRE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!

Broncos let DE Brandon Graham WR Dez Bryant and LB Sean Weatherspoon get away? Ouch!

Add... it would have been better if we traded our 1st round pick away and picked nobody. Nobody is better than Tebow. "5th round quarterback"? They are calling him a 5th rounder and will not even be as good as Quinn, who will never be as good as Orton.

We'll have the baddest choirboys though. The Broncos can start up a Glee Club.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-22-2010 at 09:43 PM..

Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What's with all the booing?
Typical Jets and Giants fans.

Agree 100% with your take on the Broncos. I'd be pissed if that were my my team.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,950 times
The Falcons got a great player in Sean Witherspoon,I'm happy!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
BRONCOS PICKED TEBOW!?! WOW! IS JOSH as stupid as Shanahan on draft day? An unwanted quarterback? Wasn't the qb who threw his rcvrs under the bus at least talented?
We all knew this was a possibility. You can go back and look at my posts in the team thread and see I was high on this move.

It's a good move, it really is. Tebow is everything you could possibly want in a player from a mental/leadership/attitude standpoint. The guy wills himself to success. In Denver he's got a chance to learn behind a very good QB coach without any pressure on him. I also imagine McDaniels will find a lot of unconventional ways to use Tebow in the meantime.

Quote:
Let's go look at some Senior Bowl highlights? Well he ought to feel right at home... in Colorado Springs. Sheesh.
Hard to grade quarterbacks at Senior Bowl. They're thrown in with a bunch of players they don't know and have to run an offense. It's alot to overcome. The Senior Bowl is better for grading things like linemen and receivers/corners where it's more of a 1 on 1 matchup.

Quote:
So much for getting that Center
Every center except for Pouncey is still on the board, and I wasn't high on him anyways. Look for us to pick up J.D Walton or Matt Tennant with one of our 3rd rounders.

Quote:
Offensive Guard
We're pretty well set there. Kuper is locked up, and we drafted Olsen in the 4th last year. He'll be competing with Hochstein to start at LG.

Quote:
Linebacker, Defensive End
Probably where we'll spend our 2nd rounder. There is plenty of 3-4 DE talent left on the boards.

Quote:
Tight End
Doubt we take one now. We already got Graham, Quinn and Branson, plus now you have the option of using Tebow there on the goal line.

Quote:
Punter
TBD

Quote:
maybe a wide receiver?
That was our first 1st rounder

Quote:
Pete Prisco says, "Broncos McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick."
Prisco is as bad as Kiper these days.

Quote:
WOW! The guys on NFL Network are making fun of the Denver Broncos!
They're pissed over Josh McDaniels making fun of them.

Quote:
They can afford to sit Tebow because they have so many wins under their belt? NOT!!!!!!!!
We have a starting QB and a developmental 2nd stringer. Tebow gives us another developmental guy who can play an unconventional role in the meantime.

Quote:
NOBODY WOULD HAVE PICKED HIM IN THE ENTIRE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!
The Bills were going to. We beat them to the punch.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,950 times
How would y'all grade the Falcons pick of Missouri's LB Sean Witherspoon?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
How would y'all grade the Falcons pick of Missouri's LB Sean Witherspoon?
Love Witherspoon. I think he'll be a very good player in this league.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times
Fwiw I did not think Tebow should go in the first round (I say mid-second), but I don't think it is a bad pick. But again, fwiw, I have thought this entire time that Tebow will turn out to be a good starting NFL quarterback after 2-3 years of preperation. Now, Denver has two mediocre QB's (Orton & Quinn) to play while they get Tebow ready.

I say all this and I could care less about the Broncos. I am a die-hard Saints fan.

Speaking of the Saints, I think they made an ok pick. I can see the philosophy behind it, but would have also liked to go DL or LB first. Especially with a good LB still out there. I definitely trust Greg Williams though.

I was surprised the Patriots did not pick Clausen right after Tebow was taken by the Broncos. To me, Clausen would have been the perfect understudy for Brady to take over for him when he retires (if he were to retire in the next 3-4 years, that is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football