Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Vornado TVH600 TouchStone Vortex Whole Room Electric Heater

vornado-tvh600-touchstone-vortex-whole-room-electric photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

When my husband decided to begin building his miniature railroad in the cellar, he hadn't given much thought about heating the place. It is so comfortable in the summer, he assumed the winter wouldn't be a problem; however, he learned by November that he would need heat if he was to continue working down there.

We didn't want to spend a lot of money on heating an area that wouldn't be used all that frequently. There is a space about 20' x 40' to heat, but with only one wall exposed to the elements, my husband thought we could get by with a space heater.

The Vornado wasn't our first choice, but when we got to the store, the other model was sold out and we took this one. It was a little small for that much space, but the sales clerk said it would cover more area because it would be used in a basement location.

We turned the heat on late in the afternoon and set it to 68 degrees. When he went down the next morning, my husband found the space pleasant even though it was just above freezing outside.

The heat was distributed evenly in the room rather than just around the heater. This, we are told, is because of the tornado like projection of heat from this particular unit.

On some of the coldest days of the year, the unit doesn't keep the place as warm as we would like, but most of the time, it is all we need. I like the automatic tip-over protection and the protection from the heating element because we have grandchildren that want to be with their grandfather all the time when they are visiting.

It's simple to turn the unit on or off or change the temperature setting with the handy remote control. If you have a small space that you need to heat only some of the time, I strongly suggest you look at the Vornado because it is so simple to operate, and it really works.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,300 times
I have the cheaper Vornado they sell at Costco. It's not bad for the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews