Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Bosch SGS46M78AU Dishwasher

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This dishwashers ability to have things clean is AMAZING! No matter how baked on something is, it always comes out spotless. It has a pre-rinse and a drying function so everything can go directly from use, to the cupboard without anything in between.

The bottom racks are the only problem that I have with this dishwasher. It is a very good feature that the bottom racks fold down to fit larger items in, but because one side of the rack can actually be detached, it started to get a little loose every time we put the rack down and when it was full of plates, it would fold down itself and sometimes detach. Eventually the connector gave in and it broke completely. We can still put things in, because that space is ultimately where we put larger items that do not use racks anyway, but when we have a lot of plates to wash at once then it becomes difficult. I do think the rack detaching is an unnecessary feature, folding down was enough. Also, the bottom racks are slanted. This means that larger items that I would like to put in do not fit (such as large cutting boards) unless it is partly empty to leave room, which defeats the purpose of putting it through if there is room.

I like it having a countdown timer on the front, it's something simple but good to have. The cycles do run for quite awhile so I'm not sure about the economy rating.
There is also a timed start option, which I have never used but it ranges up to 19 hours.

We had kitchen renovations and the dishwasher does make a lot of noise due to an error in the pipe system, but from what I can remember there was never an issue with noise when it ran prior to renovations.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews