Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Panasonic Prestige NN-SD688S, 1.2cuft 1300 Watt Sensor Microwave Oven

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After a long time with a mediocre microwave, I finally switched over to the Panasonic with the Panasonic Prestige NN-SD688S, 1.2cuft 1300 Watt Sensor Microwave Oven.

This microwave is good for a kitchen with stainless steel appliances. It is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but works
well. It has a dial timer which is quick and easy to use. However, I really believe that this microwave is just the perfect size - it's not too small like the 0.7/0.8/1.0 cu ft models. Not too big like the 1.6 cu ft. and above. The display is unreadable above 45 degrees from the horizontal, which means that at arm's length to operate the controls, you must bend over to see the display.The turbo defrost function alone makes this product worth buying. Frozen meat defrosts evenly as well. Power 1300W heats up food quickly. I haven't tried all the features, but the sensor reheat function works great, and the defrost seems to work very nicely as well. Be careful of the lower wattage models that will take almost twice as long to heat up stuff.

The sensor heating modes really are a great convenience and make for fire-and-forget performance when reheating or cooking. Another noticeable feature is that this unit as it has a push-button-to-open door, as opposed to having a handle. But from a performance standpoint, and ease of use, it is outstanding, especially as it has a rotary platform, great value for the money.

The only minus so far, and it is almost a given with stainless-clad appliances, is fingerprints. Other than that, this is a fantastic looking microwave, and with 1300 watts it cooks fast, and I love the compact size.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews