Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Beltronics RX65 RED Professional Series Radar

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I finally decided that I was never going to be able to drive the highways without some forewarning regarding speed traps. We have an area near our home where the speed flip-flops due to so many ongoing road construction changes that you almost have to drive with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake.

I had an older cheap model radar detector, but learned when I first started to use it that it was totally worthless. By the time it made any noise, I already saw the police car and it was too late. The Beltronics has proven to be a life saver because its distinct sound reminds me to check my speed so I don't have anymore unnecessary points on my driving record.

Because the RX65 has more than 60 different display messages, I can get alerts for other road hazards other than just state troopers or local police cars. Weather alerts let me know that there might be hazardous driving conditions approaching and sometimes I get messages when road crews are in front of me.

The retailer told me that the RX65 has a range that is ten times better than other detectors on the market, and I can believe that because it has given me fair warning except when I catch an instant-on radar gun. There may be a little better range in the front than in the rear, but that's pretty common among all detectors, and it's really not a big issue.

The suggested retail price for the Beltronics is $399.99, and there are plenty of other radar detectors that cost less money, but in my way of thinking, it has saved me more than that already on insurance premium increases and speeding tickets that I would probably have gotten had this detector not been in my car.

I suggest this strongly as the only radar detector you will need with the current technologies in speed control. The Beltronics RX65 will pay for itself in a very short time.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews