Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Timber Creek, Isle Royale, 4-5 Man Tent 18 ft. x 13 ft. x 80 in.

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

This tent does comfortably fit four people as claimed. However, the dome's slope is quite steep, so, despite the height advertised, the average adult cannot stand comfortably inside. The pop-out area on the back makes a nice closet for bags and gear. I used it as a sleeping area for my German Shepherd and it was just the right size. The Isle Royale was fairly easy to assemble and take down. I was also pleased with how light it was for a tent its size. The structure was still just as sturdy and the fabric as durable as any other tent I've used in its price range and size class. Most tents are near impossible to fit back in the bag after use, but Timber Creek's designers clearly kept the average camper in mind. The storage bag is extendable so that the common person can fit all components back in for storage. Now I don't have to worry about remembering where I put the rest of the tent poles or stakes. They're all waiting there in the bag for the next camping trip. The tent was very competitively priced and made out of materials comparable to other tents in its price range. However, the design has one serious flaw. The doorway to the tent is split in two by one of the poles; so, instead of one large opening, it has two small doors that open on each side of the pole. This is awkward to say the least and especially inconvenient for anyone over 160 lbs. The placement was so baffling that I retraced the setup twice to make sure I had done everything correctly and according to the instructions. All was as it was meant to be- unfortunately. While it is currently serving my needs and appears to be somewhat durable, I would not purchase this tent again. There are other tents on the market for the same price that have a more comfortable design.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews