Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Release 2007 Price 709.95

The Orion Skyview telescope is great for the beginner or the avid enthusiast. It is great for looking at the surface of the moon or things that are much farther off. It has fantastic optics, the moiunt makes following heavenly bodies a breeze.

The Orion Skyview has 127 mm aperture and a 1540 mm focal length for views of the solar system details and deep-sky objects. These optics makes everything clearer. The focal length is perfect for few things in near earth orbit or the moons around Jupiter.

The Orion Skyview comes with a sturdy tripod, 2 eyepieces, finder scope and astronomy software. This great telescope also has a great operators manual and on line help for those who wish it. The web site has instructions on how to find different objects in the sky. The only way to find the different stars and planets easier is with a computer controlled motorized mount.

The Orion Skyview telescope is not a cheaply made telescope like some of the others on the market these days. This is a quality made telescope, it comes with a warranty against defects in workmanship. I have not had a problem with mine. I have had several other telescopes and the only other telescope I would have would be a computerized motorized mount, so I could just type in what I wanted to see and it would track to that heavenly body.

This Orion Skyview telescope was designed for the enthusiast who wants to use it more than once or twice a year. It is a very portable easily set up telescope so the novice can set it up and enjoy using it also.

It has an equatorial mount, for that is as sturdy as the res of the telescope and allows for smooth motions in following the movement of heavenly bodies. The Tripod mount gives you a positive stance so there is no movement, and it will stay focused on the area of the sky without shaking or moving out of focus.

This Orion Skyview telescope has everything a novice would want in a telescope, ease of use, sturdy mount and tripod, The perfect apeture and focal length for studying nearby space objects. This telescope has much to offer the avid space observer, they can take it on trips with them so they can get abetter view of objects from different places on earth. This makes it a very good addition to the astronomy enthusiast assortment of telescopes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews