Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Specialized HRXC Sport $450.00

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This bike is the first bike that I have paid more than $150.00 for. I liked that bike is made of an alloy frame and has a very sturdy feel. It is light weight and easy to load on and off of our bike carrier when we are traveling. I mainly ride within the city with the family, so its seen allot of road time but on occasion we have gone trail riding and this bike has taken everything I have thrown at it with flying colors, including jumps. Thus far I have only had problems with the chain breaking but it was easily replaced. The shifting typically needs adjustment to prevent the chain from sliding off the sprocket; this could have led to the chain breaking. If you plan on doing allot of off road biking with this bike I would suggest an upgrade on your rims, the standard rims are just not up to par with what you would need for off road biking or trail riding. The sprockets are this way as well, a little too light duty for trail and off road riding. The front shocks are leaking oil around the O rings it's not too bad but it does make for dirty front forks. This shouldn't be hard to fix, it's just one more small thing that has to eventually get done. If you are of a shorter stature you may need to cut the seat shaft so you can lower the seat low enough to reach the pedals. I am only about 5'7" and had to do this in order to comfortably sit and pedal. Overall the bike is light and responsive and on occasion that you are off road riding you will feel like you are riding a solid bike.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews